Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EastEnders Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (42,553 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Nov 25 2012, 08:33 AM
KMan101
Nov 25 2012, 07:48 AM
LOL. I won't.

Apparently the Ava episode was pretty high rated, 7.7 million?
That's not high rated for EastEnders.
I know that I was just meaning in terms of recent ratings from what I had read. Guess I should have clarified LOL. Sorry.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Drew
Nov 24 2012, 10:30 PM
I'm going to miss Derek.
:whack:

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

The only thing I'll miss about Derek is his relationship with Alice. It's sad that it never got truly mended..

Drew
Member Avatar

Derek is the kind of character I've always loved about the Brit soaps. You'd never see someone like him in the US.

Is he cartoonish, sure. But IMO he's a fun "love-to-hate" character.

Drew
Member Avatar

KMan101
Nov 25 2012, 08:53 AM
Bright Eyes
Nov 25 2012, 08:33 AM
KMan101
Nov 25 2012, 07:48 AM
LOL. I won't.

Apparently the Ava episode was pretty high rated, 7.7 million?
That's not high rated for EastEnders.
I know that I was just meaning in terms of recent ratings from what I had read. Guess I should have clarified LOL. Sorry.
The daily shows for EE/Corrie/Edale all fluctuate around 6-7 million. You'll sometimes get up to 9 on really special occasions, like Christmas. But even then they've gone down in the last couple years. I think the last time EE hit 10 million was for Stacey Slater's exit, even Pat's death didn't crack 10.

They've dropped over the last 20 years, nowhere near as much as the US ones obviously, but they used to pull in 20 million in the early 90s. (Pat running over some girl I think was the last time)
Edited by Drew, Nov 25 2012, 09:09 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I've heard that. Don't truly follow the ratings for them but have read/seen/heard things but it's good to know they still average a good amount, I guess the article I read made it sound better than it might have been LOL.

On a semi-on/off-topic does anyone know what determining factors though are in the ratings for UK television in general/soaps? I was just curious if they also have to cater to a demo or if they just look at the broad audience?

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Watching Derek try to run will stay with me for a long time.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar

Roxy and Alfie need to properly happen.

And they better not be trying to pair Denise with Ian ....
Edited by Drew, Dec 20 2012, 10:09 AM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Dec 20 2012, 10:08 AM
Roxy and Alfie need to properly happen.

And they better not be trying to pair Denise with Ian ....
I agree about both. Denise and Fatboy should still be going on.

As for the second ...

Spoiler: click to toggle

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I was seriously loving me some Denise & Fatboy. Poppy & Fatboy? not so much

Drew
Member Avatar

With Zainab leaving I really wish they would axe the rest of the Masoods. She was the only good one.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Dec 20 2012, 11:43 AM
With Zainab leaving I really wish they would axe the rest of the Masoods. She was the only good one.
So with you there. They are nothing without her.

Drew
Member Avatar

So with today being the day we find out who Kat's lover has been should we make final predictions?

Derek :(

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Dec 20 2012, 11:45 AM
So with today being the day we find out who Kat's lover has been should we make final predictions?

Derek :(
I'm more interested in how he dies. I'm guessing those thugs are going to murder him but someone (Max, Tanya, Lauren, or Joey) is going to let it happen.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Zainab is leaving???? :(

She is by far the only worthy Masood.

I wish I could still watch, but I just don't have time during school. And right now I'm catching up on my primetime shows.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

New interview with Lorraine Newman:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eastenders/posts/EastEnders-Exec-Producer-Lorraine-Newman-on-2013-in-Albert-Square

KMan101
Member Avatar

I feel like the show isn't bad, it's just ... I don't know. I still enjoy it immensely but, I don't know. Can anyone nail it?

I did like the interview. I tend to agree that the returns need to cool. They should really focus on the unit they have and make them all work to produce a strong show. I do agree they need to plan for the future and am glad she recognizes the Brannings are overused (though not her words), though, they are important, I don't think one family should be more important.

Too bad Ian's just languishing. Also Lucy. What about them?
Edited by KMan101, Jan 2 2013, 08:02 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar

KMan101
Jan 2 2013, 07:54 AM
I feel like the show isn't bad, it's just ... I don't know. I still enjoy it immensely but, I don't know. Can anyone nail it?
Same.

They're lacking that big water cooler story.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yeah. It seems looking back on EastEnders there was kinda that big story you could count on. I mean, I like that everyone more or less has something to do and there at least ARE stories being played out, but, like a lot of the US soaps now, I just don't feel like much is happening. At all. Even when things do happen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply