Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EastEnders Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (49,576 Views)
Manny
Member Avatar

I dropped EE when Alice Branning showed up and Alfie and Roxy were starting something...

Looks like it got boring after that anyway... But good to know Derek's gone.. I hated him.. and not in a good way. He annoyed me so much.
Sad to hear that I missed both Christian and Zainab's exit. :( I loved both of them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

I'm gonna miss Tanya so much :(

Manny
Member Avatar

Wow, Tanya is going as well?! Makes me happy I tuned out.. I loved Zainab, Tanya and Christian..

Shick
Member Avatar

Manny
Jun 20 2013, 11:39 AM
Wow, Tanya is going as well?! Makes me happy I tuned out.. I loved Zainab, Tanya and Christian..
Yeah she is :( I think her last episode is this week or next. The whole show is mostly about Lauren's crap, and Max's new wife who sucks (Kirsty), and some Sharon/Phil stuff. 2011/early 2012 for me was the last time the show was any good.
Edited by Shick, Jun 20 2013, 01:29 PM.

Manny
Member Avatar

Shick
Jun 20 2013, 01:28 PM
Manny
Yeah she is :( I think her last episode is this week or next. The whole show is mostly about Lauren's crap, and Max's new wife who sucks (Kirsty), and some Sharon/Phil stuff. 2011/early 2012 for me was the last time the show was any good.
I ADORED late 2011 and early 2012.. then I got bored and I dropped the show..

Max has a new wife? I had no idea... I love Lauren, but is her storyline about being drunk and miserable still going on?? That thing started way back when I was watching!!

Shick
Member Avatar

Manny
Jun 21 2013, 01:55 AM
Shick
Manny

Max has a new wife? I had no idea... I love Lauren, but is her storyline about being drunk and miserable still going on?? That thing started way back when I was watching!!
HA Lauren's alcoholism is the most dragged out plot in the history of soaps. It's been going on FOREVER! I like a realistic storyline, but it's time to move on writers.. And yeah Max has a new wife who has huge lips and likes to wear ugly hats sometimes :tounge: She's awful.. just dreadful. They should have just brought back Vanessa (Max's girlfriend who wore all white all the time). At least she had some funny moments.

Manny
Member Avatar

Shick
Jun 21 2013, 02:04 AM
Manny
Jun 21 2013, 01:55 AM
Shick
Manny

HA Lauren's alcoholism is the most dragged out plot in the history of soaps. It's been going on FOREVER! I like a realistic storyline, but it's time to move on writers.. And yeah Max has a new wife who has huge lips and likes to wear ugly hats sometimes :tounge: She's awful.. just dreadful. They should have just brought back Vanessa (Max's girlfriend who wore all white all the time). At least she had some funny moments.
OMG! I already hate Max's wife! :lol:

Poor Lauren.. Althuogh, I bet Jacqueline is doing an awesome job. Love her!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I've been using eastenders as background noise for my night shifts.

TANYA AND PHIL???

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Jul 28 2013, 05:02 AM
I've been using eastenders as background noise for my night shifts.

TANYA AND PHIL???
Jesus, that feels so long ago. It's okay, it doesn't last long.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Yeah, I stopped watching somewhere in January. I can almost burn through a month in a shift on continuous play. Nearly finished march tonight.

Truthfully, I actually didn't find it bad. It was an interesting what-if before she leaves.
Edited by Drew, Jul 28 2013, 06:48 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

'EastEnders' executive producer Lorraine Newman leaving soap

EastEnders' executive producer Lorraine Newman has announced that she is leaving the soap after 16 months in charge.

Newman has been part of the BBC show since joining as a script secretary 23 years ago, rising through the ranks to take on the top job in 2012.

Lorraine Newman - EastEnders executive producer

BBC

Lorraine Newman

EastEnders' former series story producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins will be taking over as executive producer.

Revealing her decision, Newman said today (July 29): "I have loved every moment of my time at EastEnders, but it is finally time to leave Walford.

"Over the past 23 years, I have been involved in some of the best moments on British television, from 'Who Shot Phil?', to 'You Ain't My Mother!', to the 25th live anniversary episode and in the past year, the Olympic Torch episode has also been a proud highlight.

"Over the past year, I have also had the pleasure of planning and implementing the revival of many of the EastEnders clans who should always be at the heart of the show. I am confident that I am leaving the show in a stronger place and am sure that Dominic will continue to build upon this, taking the show to a new level.

"I am delighted to be joining BBC Drama Production as an executive producer and look forward to the new opportunities and projects this will bring."

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I don't know about the replacement. 2007-2010 weren't really standout years.

Hopefully it's an improvement over what they've been doing this year.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

She never did anything bad per se, but did she even have one must see storyline? Hopefully DTC will put some fire back into the show.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Jul 29 2013, 08:53 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

That's my thoughts. I've liked all of the characters she's brought in, I liked the new focus on the Butchers and Beales and that she was bringing Michael French back, but everything ultimately was very dry and bland.

Who's Kat Fucking, Max's secret wife were attempts at the big stories but they both basically sucked. Sharon/Phil/Jack has been snoozeville. Liam's gang story was OK but they never explained why he suddenly hated Bianca or why he was then over that hatrid. I liked Joey and Lauren. I don't like Denise and Ian. And she gets major props from me for everything related to Lola.

KMan101
Member Avatar

The show was a snoozeville under her. I tried getting back into it several times (there are other reasons too, like laziness lol). I'm kind of missing it at the moment for some reason.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I think with time she would have gotten better. She was left alot of problems by Kirkwood. His bad stories, abrupt departure, and letting most of the A-list take 6 months to a year off. She refocused back to the core families it needed to be focused on but the stories were soft. The sounds of her upcoming new characters and the car crash stunt sound more like old-EastEnders.

Kinda OT but I generally find Bryan Kirkwood to be very overrated, and while he had a great first year he did alot of damage by the time he was out. He's hailed as the second coming for Hollyoaks, and fair enough his first stint was great, but so much of what he's been given the credit for now is work mostly done by Emma Smithwick.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Damn .... Jean's leaving.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

So who here is still watching the show? I'm contemplating watching again for David's return.

Manny
Member Avatar

I saw an episode last week and was bored out of my mind, so I turned it of :)

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

i'm planning to get back in with the producer change and David's return. I figured I'd start around June since that's where a number of new characters began and Tanya left.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply