Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EastEnders Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (49,757 Views)
Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

I watched August 31st's episode and it was REALLY bad... just a bunch of younger characters that I didn't care about. The writer change can't come quick enough :s
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

BBC One finally did a new promo, it's for Ronnie's return.

http://youtu.be/vRZ-qi6M-MA
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Sep 7 2013, 06:55 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Still catching up. I burned through June this weekend with Tanya's exit and Lauren's alcoholism coming to a head, it was great stuff again.

Watching the July 4th episode now, Bianca/Jean/Shirley are hilarious.

"You know what Shirley Carter, when I first met you I thought you were a lesbian! And not a very nice lesbian!" :lol:

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

They gave Jean a nice little happy exit, with Julia's Theme no less. I'm actually quite surprised and glad they put some effort into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-SvY9m9t5M

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Glad Jean got a nice exit. Not a huge fan of hers, but glad nonetheless ... still pissed my TANYA got no Julia's Theme after years of being on + being a fan favourite.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Cast cutting in progress. So far it's up to Alice, Poppy, Kirsty, Carl, AJ, Ava, and Sam.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

The Queen Vic - Under New Management
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Sep 30 2013, 07:30 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I love that they're expanding the Carter family. Will definitely have to come back for the new regime.

I wonder what they'll do with Alfie. I don't expect Danny Dyer to be around for too long, I thought he had a somewhat steady character actor career.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

David's return episode was fantastic imo. Really looking forward to the new things on the horizon, with Shirley's brother & sister joining. So happy that a new family is coming, and it's taking over the Vic! :D

Edited by Oak Alley, Oct 2 2013, 02:38 AM.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Ugh, just ugh.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/natalie-cassidy-returns-eastenders-sonia-2343477

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I don't mind Sonya. They've lost so many faces lately they need something to go back to their roots. And I'd like to finally see Sonya properly deal with Carol's abandonment.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Sonia isn't my favorite, but I did like her. I want Martin to come back to the Square again! He's very missed... JA pls come back :D

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

OMFG! Lacey Turner is returning to EastEnders!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

OMFG! Lacey Turner is returning to EastEnders!

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Is there any good streaming sites to watch episodes?

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

The show has lured me back as they all eventually do. I love when Philshows other sides to his character like realizing that Roxy was making sense about the Vic. Of course Alfie's timing put an end to that. I like that Carol is making David jump through hoops and providing a maternal influence to Alice. Some of the new characters are intriguing as well as the returning faces. I know this won't be popular but I want Vanessa back for Max. She was just beginning to become more interesting beyond the OCD stuff. Plus with Stacey coming back a triangle would be fun. Im basing that on Vanessa's warning to Stacey that " Im not Tanya ". Beyond that raising the ghost of the best ever Footballers Wife, it whet my appetite for a rivalry.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Zoe Lucker was so ridiculously wasted.

I'd love her to come back, I could easily forget Vanessa ever existed if they were so inclined. But I think she's a regular on Waterloo Road now.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Drew
Dec 7 2013, 09:47 PM
Zoe Lucker was so ridiculously wasted.

I'd love her to come back, I could easily forget Vanessa ever existed if they were so inclined. But I think she's a regular on Waterloo Road now.
I also am suddenly nostalgic for FW and the lethal Tanya Turner. Damn now that was soap opera with a bitch goddess who ranked near the top of any soap villainess list I could compile. But Vanessa had a few moments where I saw real potential. When she warned a drunken Jack away from behind the bar while filling in at the Vic by threatening to make him sing soprano. And when she went after Tanya. I liked her with Eddie too.and her conspiring with Michael. Im looking forward to seeing what Alfie and Kate are going to do. And Shirley bringing her family to the square. And most of all Stacey coming back.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

At least Janine's exit storyline sounds like it will be explosive. Though, I feel like every time she leaves, she's always getting her comeuppance for something. I'd love a genuinely happy exit for her, or one that's at least bitter-sweet. I guess that doesn't work for her type of character though (or at least TPTP don't want to go in an unconventional direction for her).

The show is going to lose something special when she's gone again. She's basically carried huge chunks of the show over the past two years amongst so much uneven and boring crap. I hope Charlie is back in a year or two.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply