Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EastEnders Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (49,780 Views)
Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

I HATE what they've done to Janine, I am gonna miss her so much. I don't care that Michael died, he was the one trying to kill her anyways... and I don't care at all about this new family (Carters) on the scene. Eastenders are trying to build them up so much.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Its no different than when they launched the Slaters, and that was a roaring success. Atleast this time they're anchored by a character who's been on the show for 8 years. I liked what I've seen so far and I'm looking forward to more.

Linda looks like she'll be fun. Already enjoying Mick (I don't get the DS hate for Danny Dyer, but this is really the only thing I know him from as a Canadian). I liked what I saw of Johnny, and I'm glad they're introducing a new gay character to the square after what was done to Gary Lucy's character. The only one I'm not really feeling is the other sister.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I hope Janine is back in two years time. This is one character that should always come back, despite what destruction she's caused.

She's carried huge parts of the show over the past couple of years, she's just going to be sorely missed.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

She was the only thing Kirkwood got right.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

I will miss Janine too. I guess she will be back soon to wrap up her story and that's it. I am loving the Carter family. Danny Dyer..YUM!

Now I haven't watched EE in over a year, not since Hev was killed off. Why is Ian so petrified of Phil? I would love it if Ian would go head to head with him. Phil is an annoying douche. I wish him and Sharon would ride off into the sunset already.

I read that Ronnie is going to be the new villain of the square. Hasn't she been through enough?? Not that it isn't poetic for her to become like the person she despised most.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Ronnie's always been wacko, I'm glad they're going full force with it instead of the misunderstood heroine crap that never worked for her.

New Year's Ever Trailer:

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Dec 29 2013, 06:34 PM.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Wednesday's episode is a must see. Ronnie is in full villain mode, and I guess you can say she "crushed" Carl, literally....

Shick
Member Avatar

Got to say I'm loving the Sharon/Phil/Shirley stuff. Totally team Sharon in the triangle

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I don't mind the new Carter family. Is that girl with Shirley her sister? She's the only one that I can't stand.

I love Ronnie as a bad girl.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Definitely loving bad Ronnie and the Carters. Its like the entire show has life again, it's definitely flashing me back to 2000 and the Slaters piling out of that moving van.

The Phil/Sharon/Shirley triangle is great too. I hope this goes on for a long long time. Ultimately I think Phil could be comfortable with Sharon but I don't think he'd be as fulfilled as he would be with Shirley.

Shick
Member Avatar

I thought I would hate all of these newbie Carters coming to Walford at a fast pace, but I am also loving it! And loving most of the newcomers, Linda in particular. I see a friendship with her and Sharon over their dislike for Shirley lol. Johnny's storyline looks to be good too!

Thank God for the producer change, because Eastenders was so boring and out of place this past year and a half. Lorraine Newman needed to go, she ran out of steam or something.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Shick, you sure love your characters with the name Sharon. :laugh: :hug:
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Jan 3 2014, 12:34 AM.

Shick
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Jan 3 2014, 12:34 AM
Shick, you sure love your characters with the name Sharon. :laugh: :hug:
LOL I was thinking the same thing earlier :tounge: :wub: They are just too epic for my not to like haha jk

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'm optimistic with DTC saying fixing Sharon was a priority.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Wow! A powerful episode tonight! I love this family. I actually got a little misty. All of the other characters where great too. The show is sooo much better.
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Jan 4 2014, 11:21 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

EE is definitely back.

Nuking Denise and Ian seems to be the next priority.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I am seriously all about the Carter family. LOVE THEM!

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

The New Years Episode was brilliant. The Carter family is great and Samantha Womack was amazing.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

That scene were Mick accepts his son being gay was great. "So you're the one we shoulda called Nancy" LMAO!

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Pics from Sonia's first episode back:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eastenders/posts/Photo-Spoiler-Sonias-back

I have never liked Sonia (or Cassidy for that matter), but her relationships with Carol and Bianca are relatively unexplored and are about the only good thing that could come out of this return.

The girl with the guitar is obviously Rebecca Fowler, so I guess we finally have a Fowler on the show again...
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Jan 6 2014, 05:55 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply