Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EastEnders Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (53,108 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Well that was a surprise!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Edge1978
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Jan 6 2014, 05:53 AM
Pics from Sonia's first episode back:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eastenders/posts/Photo-Spoiler-Sonias-back

I have never liked Sonia (or Cassidy for that matter), but her relationships with Carol and Bianca are relatively unexplored and are about the only good thing that could come out of this return.

The girl with the guitar is obviously Rebecca Fowler, so I guess we finally have a Fowler on the show again...
Oh please let that be a way to pave a way for Michelle to come back. I miss her, it's only been 19 years LOL :blink:

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Michelle never came back when both of her parents died, so it's never going to happen as Susan Tully has retired from acting. Countless folks at the BBC have also said the role is not recastable.
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Jan 12 2014, 03:10 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

She's actually been back several times as a director.

I don't think she's particularly needed but I don't get the unrecastable thing. Do most current viewers even remember her?

Edge1978
Member Avatar

I can understand her retiring. For me I agree, I cannot picture anyone but Susan playing Michelle. I wonder why she never returned, I mean even a guest appearance. Did she retire immediately after EE? :unsure:

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

She went through the BBC directing course I believe but only directs now.

Great episodes this week. I love how EE does these intimate & revealing group scenes and this week's been full of them. Phil/Sharon, Carol/Sonia/Bianca, the Masoods, Ladies/Poker night. Great stuff.

Letitia Dean smashed the Dennis reveal and Masood off the rails has never been more interesting.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Great casting news this past week.

First the return of Shirley's son Dino, then the casting of Lee Carter, now Dot's getting a grandson.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

EE has been splendid lately. I am so glad I decided to tune back in after the travesty that was....can't remember her name LMAO, but Dominics predecessor.

Loving the Carter family, Mick is so yummy looking.

When I tuned out Sharon didn't return yet, but I don't ever remember her being this big of a bitch. To announce shes opening a new pub IN THE VIC, very tasteless.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

She's been pretty insufferable post-Dennis Rickman.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

DTC is writing Sharon as the biggest bitch princess ever. That is not who Sharon Watts is. I think it's clear he wants viewers to root for Shirley, the Carters are his major focus. I still like Sharon though

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I don't think it's fair to lay that on DTC. She is just as miserable as she was under Newman. It can't flip like a switch.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I never watched when Sharon was on before, but I kinda like bitchiness.

Still loving the entire Carter clan.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Had a marathon of last week's episodes last night.

The Carter family continues to rock. I hope we get more back story to their family. Lady Di <3333333 I loved them wanting to pimp her out to try and get more money. Linda Henry was amazing last week.

I'm really enjoying Carol's storyline too. David is such a sleeze!

Denise blasting Poppy and telling her to grow the fuck up! <3333

The actor that plays Tamwar is such an awful actor.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

OMG, but the Carter family is seriously MY EVERYTHING right now! I've passively watched EE for almost the entire time I've watched the series, but damn if this family doesn't make me invested in this soap more than I think I have. I almost hate having to wade through the stories about 70% of the other, established, vet characters just to get to the Carters. lol

Also, co-sign about that whiney assed Poppy twit. So glad she's gone.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WilSon
Member Avatar

Looks like the Linda/Johnny drama isnt over with yet: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/spoilers/a546623/david-gets-a-life-changing-offer-from-nikki.html

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Weird! They're bringing back Zsa Zsa, Mercy and Callum?

Shick
Member Avatar

So many Carters. They're lucky I have no use for most of the other characters in the square, but they should probably slow it down with the Carter overload. Now we're apparently getting Deano back and what's this about Zsa Zsa coming back?

I liked Aunt Babe though, Shirley's aunt lol. Johnny is a good character, not feeling the sister Nancy so much. Tina is probably my favourite. Mick is surprisingly useless to me so far

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I like Tina too. I read that "spoiler " about the returning E20 kids including Zsa Zsa this morning but it was taken down so it may have just been a mistake.

Shick
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Feb 3 2014, 09:37 PM
I like Tina too. I read that "spoiler " about the returning E20 kids including Zsa Zsa this morning but it was taken down so it may have just been a mistake.
Yeah I saw on twitter the official Eastenders account asked fans to retweet if they'd like to see Zsa Zsa back on the square... interesting little tease lol. It wouldn't surprise me if they brought her back too considering she is a Carter

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I liked Zsa Zsa they just gave her no story.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply