Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EastEnders Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (54,908 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Bright Eyes
May 20 2014, 11:27 PM
Shick
May 20 2014, 11:22 PM
Y&RWorldTurner
May 19 2014, 11:51 AM
They seem to have no idea what to do with Sharon, which is strange given her history with the show and the community. DTC once said she was his favorite character, but he'll ultimately only focus on Stacey's return, Ronnie's villainous turn, and obviously Shirley.

Should they try to lure Ross Kemp back as Grant to do Sharongate in reverse? Should they bring on some of Sharon's biological siblings? I don't think they know where to go with her, so it feels like she's a dayplayer.

Shirley was the first character DTC created when he was hired by Kate Hardwood as story producer in 2005, so no wonder why he's pushing her and why she seems to be part of every fucking story.
What kills me is that since Shirley is a DTC favourite, you just know she'll win Phil over Sharon in the end. It would be insulting to me if Phil chose Shirley over Sharon given the history (among other things)
That doesn't bother me. Sharon and Phil should never be a long term couple. They had to put them together when she returned because it's a natural beat, but Sharon is too good for him and always was. Him and Shirley deserve each other.
I'd agree with this as well. Phil and Shirley are damaged, that's why they work so well when they're on. Sharon is Phil dating up, but it never lasts. It probably won't last this time. But I'm not sure he'll choose Shirley over her, more Sharon will leave him and he'll default to Shirley.

Phil and Sharon aren't the love story, it will always be Kathy. Everyone else, Shirley included, is filling a seat. If I were to compare it to Days, they're Lucas and Carrie.
Edited by Drew, May 20 2014, 11:43 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

It's really time to bring Kathy out of witness protection.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I hate Sharon. During that entire Ronnie/Sharon row, I was rooting for Ronnie to punch that bitchcow in the face.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
May 20 2014, 11:49 PM
It's really time to bring Kathy out of witness protection.
Seriously. Maybe they'll wait until Phil and Shirley reunite. Anything to make her shit a brick.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Matt
May 20 2014, 11:52 PM
I hate Sharon. During that entire Ronnie/Sharon row, I was rooting for Ronnie to punch that bitchcow in the face.
She's the princess of the square. Show some respect. :D

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Matt
I love the 2000s Sharon. I hate this cow.

I wish they'd fix her pronto.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I also don't understand how Denny could possibly be related to Dennis.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
May 21 2014, 12:01 AM
Matt

Maybe it's just my affection for earlier Sharon and Letitia Dean, but she hasn't been a problem to me since they finally had her stop yelling Denny every minute. That was a nightmare.
Edited by Bright Eyes, May 21 2014, 12:06 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Welp, who didn't call that cliffhanger coming.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
May 21 2014, 12:03 AM
Why? I really don't know much about Dennis except the obvious. Plus, when/if the time comes, he'll just be recast. LoL
Edited by Bright Eyes, May 21 2014, 12:08 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Bright Eyes
May 21 2014, 12:06 AM
Drew
Matt

Maybe it's just my affection for earlier Sharon and Letitia Dean, but she hasn't been a problem to me since they finally had her stop yelling Denny every minute. That was a nightmare.
Sharon was involved in some shady shit in the past, I don't get where she judges Ronnie for defending herself against her would-be rapist. It was just like when she was yelling at Whitney for "hitting" Denny.
Edited by Drew, May 21 2014, 12:10 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Bright Eyes
May 21 2014, 12:07 AM
Drew
Why? I really don't know much about Dennis except the obvious. Plus, when/if the time comes, he'll just be recast. LoL
Because he's a pussy.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
May 21 2014, 12:08 AM
Bright Eyes
Drew
Matt

Sharon was involved in some shady shit in the past, I don't get where she judges Ronnie for defending herself against her would-be rapist.
I love Ronnie, especially for killing Carl, but I just found it fascinating to see those two against each other at all that I just lapped it up. Plus, she was right. Ronnie IS a psychopath.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
May 21 2014, 12:09 AM
Bright Eyes
May 21 2014, 12:07 AM
Drew
Because he's a pussy.
Can you blame him? Sharon still wipes his ass. But they haven't used him in a long time, which I like. I only like children on soaps (and in life :) ) to be used sparingly or not at all!
Edited by Bright Eyes, May 21 2014, 12:13 AM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Speaking of fixing characters though, I really hope Masood will get back to his old self now, after he showed Jane he was over her. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him now.
Edited by Bright Eyes, May 21 2014, 12:18 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Bright Eyes
May 21 2014, 12:11 AM
Drew
Bright Eyes
Drew

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Sharon was involved in some shady shit in the past, I don't get where she judges Ronnie for defending herself against her would-be rapist.
I love Ronnie, especially for killing Carl, but I just found it fascinating to see those two against each other at all that I just lapped it up. Plus, she was right. Ronnie IS a psychopath.
She is, and I'm loving her journey to Archie.

I found the recent Shirley/Sharon scenes around the time of Nick's death far more interesting though.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Bright Eyes
May 21 2014, 12:18 AM
Speaking of fixing characters though, I really hope Masood will get back to his old self now, after he showed Jane he was over her. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him now.
Write them all out?

:poof:
Edited by Drew, May 21 2014, 12:20 AM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Bright Eyes
May 21 2014, 12:11 AM
Drew
Bright Eyes

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
She is, and I'm loving her journey to Archie.

I found the recent Shirley/Sharon scenes around the time of Nick's death far more interesting though.
I hated Shirley acting like she had more right to be with Dot than Sharon, though. She was lucky Sharon didn't slap her.

What scenes are you talking about though? I can't remember.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

They had an introspective conversation on the doorstep.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
May 21 2014, 12:20 AM
Bright Eyes
Write them all out?

:poof:
I only really ever cared about Zainab, but at least Masood hopefully won't be a sad sack anymore. And ever since Darren left, Tamwar has lost all purpose. Plus, Himesh Patel CANNOT act worth a shit. The least charismatic performer of all time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply