Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EastEnders Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (61,498 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar

I hope they recast Peter when Ben Hardy leaves next year.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar

Aleks and his wife, is this what El Dorado felt like?

Drew
Member Avatar

I love how Aunt Babe setup Tosh to beat Tina to break them up.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

No Peter recast please. I hate instant recasts for any reason. Let him go for a handful of years first.

Aleks was a great new character when he first got with Roxy and had that brief living arrangement with the lesbians and Jake. It all went to hell real fast and now him and Roxy are completely irrelevant again.

Aunt Babe is one sick puppy, but fascinating to watch.

I'm surprised you haven't caused a fit about where the hell Lola has been. Hopefully when the Lucy story is finished, she'll get a story again.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Dec 31 2014, 11:39 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar

I'd normally agree but I think Peter's too important to not be around, we need Beales!

Hopefully we'll see more of Lola, the who killed Lucy story has been a joke.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Drew
Dec 31 2014, 03:41 PM
I'd normally agree but I think Peter's too important to not be around, we need Beales!

Hopefully we'll see more of Lola, the who killed Lucy story has been a joke.
It's been one of the few missteps of late. I hated the idea when I read it and I've hated the hodgepodge of "suspects". If the actress wanted to leave then she could have moved away again. Lucy was too valuable as a legacy character. I would like them to bring Steven Beale back for awhile.

Drew
Member Avatar

I liked the idea of the murder storyline, I'd always wondered how a cold-case kind of mystery (like something from an A&E/ID show) would work in a soap format. But the execution's been a mess.

If it felt like there had been planning it could have worked. Like a year-long The Killing or Broadchurch. But the weird focus on "this week X is the suspect" has been off putting. I'm only on the 15th of December but why suddently is Lauren a suspect?! She's been the only one trying to solve the thing. Developments like this just come out of nowhere and make no sense.

Whitney hated her, where's she been? What about Lee's alibi? But suddenly the girl chasing down mystery cab drivers is the prime suspect, for now? It doesn't work.

Drew
Member Avatar

And yeah, lots of Stephen talk lately out of the blue. The last time we saw him, not too long ago, he was kidnapping Lucy and coming on to Christian with Ian denouncing him. Is that all forgiven now?

Drew
Member Avatar

Ben Hardy's not exactly impressed anyone with his acting. (Not bad but just mainly background material) He could easily be swapped for another blonde kid with a gym membership and no one would really notice.

Drew
Member Avatar

I'm caught up! :D

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

I don't know what made me think of this but I really enjoy Ronnie with the Cottons. If Nick ever does leave the square I hope Yvonne sticks around. She's a miserable,two faced cow and I love it!

Drew
Member Avatar

Great episode tonight!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

What a roller coaster ride that was!! Terrific!

Drew
Member Avatar

So, these suspects.

I think that's part of what's bugging me about this story is just how random they all are. Like, the Cokers?! Did they even interact with the girl once? Clearly they're setting the stage for their grandson to move to the square and visit their past euthanasia of their son, why bother treating the audience like we're dumb?

I'm probably most excited for this elder abuse story with Patrick and Denise.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Yeah, this episode had me chomping at the bit. Only a month and a half now ...

Since Ronnie is my girl, I am relieved as fuck. If the baby would have died, I would have lost my shit. Always comparing UK soap characters to DAYS, Ronnie is totally what Nicole should be, as Janine is what Sami should be, as Michael Moon is what E.J. should have been, etc.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Jan 2 2015, 12:24 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar

I was thinking about EJ a while ago, except I was lining him up with Brendon from Hollyoaks and how that should have been his Days' exit.

Drew
Member Avatar

I guess we have to wait till tomorrow to confirm it with Emma, but did we just get jipped out of the promised new years day death? "This dumb bitch" was yelled at my TV multiple times tonight.

The one good thing about this Lucy story is getting to see Hazel Bailey throw her weight around the square. When it was initially just Malachy from HO I was seriously disappointed we weren't getting DCI Marsden but I've been loving Alison Newman here.
Edited by Drew, Jan 2 2015, 01:01 AM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I wish I could be certain that, after last night, Nick definitely wasn't the killer, but considering Emma's skill-set, I can't blindly believe she actually figured out who the killer was. I also read a good theory on DS that the person she was talking to was only the killer's helper, which means anyone could still be the culprit.

EastEnders announced on Twitter yesterday that the killer will be revealed on February 19. Mentioning that, who are your top three choices?

1. Nick Cotton
2. Abi Branning
3. Peter Beale

Hedge your bets, people!

Manny
Member Avatar

I read that Abi is the main suspect for most people.

Drew
Member Avatar

Abby
Whitney
Ben

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply