Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EastEnders Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (62,085 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Feb 14 2015, 04:06 AM
Stephen was recast multiple times.
The line was referring to the present and that was the last Steven we've seen. It's odd how frequently he's been mentioned recently after he was disowned.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Loved the last episode. Dot and Nick with thunder rumbling outside in that same room where he killed a man 30 years ago and her finally giving up on the blackhearted bastard. When she kissed him and said see you in the morning I got a little misty. Dot has had such an awful life and somehow she keeps ticking. Now I really think that Jane killed Lucy. I think it was accidental. There was something sent out in the very beginning of this about the killer not even knowing they killed her at first. And if Jane didn't do it she knows who did and it would be Cindy she's protecting. I just can't see it being Ian. Even accidentally it would be so cruel for it to be him. I would love to have Steven come back. Every time I see DI Hazel Bailey, I long for the wild and campy soapiness of Footballer's Wives.

CarlD2
Member Avatar

Drew
Feb 14 2015, 08:41 AM
CarlD2
Feb 14 2015, 04:06 AM
Stephen was recast multiple times.
The line was referring to the present and that was the last Steven we've seen. It's odd how frequently he's been mentioned recently after he was disowned.
DTC destroyed the character when he left, in a way where I'd be surprised with a return. The only way I could see it is if he killed Lucy, as he was obsessed with her toward the end.

Drew
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Feb 14 2015, 12:16 PM
Loved the last episode. Dot and Nick with thunder rumbling outside in that same room where he killed a man 30 years ago and her finally giving up on the blackhearted bastard. When she kissed him and said see you in the morning I got a little misty. Dot has had such an awful life and somehow she keeps ticking. Now I really think that Jane killed Lucy. I think it was accidental. There was something sent out in the very beginning of this about the killer not even knowing they killed her at first. And if Jane didn't do it she knows who did and it would be Cindy she's protecting. I just can't see it being Ian. Even accidentally it would be so cruel for it to be him. I would love to have Steven come back. Every time I see DI Hazel Bailey, I long for the wild and campy soapiness of Footballer's Wives.
I feel like no matter how this goes down I'll be disappointed.

The reasons it shouldn't be Cindy, Abby, or Whitney are that they've had zero screen presence for the last 10 months. The reasons it shouldn't be the Cokers is obvious. Clearly it's not Lauren, unless she's developed DID. And if it were Denise why would she have made such a fuss about turning in Lucy's phone?

Most of the suspects haven't been the focus of storylines for the past year, and if you're going to do away with someone for killing Lucy they should at least have a build up.

Drew
Member Avatar

Everyone's prime suspect for example, Abby. They hinted at some breakdowns in her status quo with the delays of going to uni, the dog dying, and the breakup with Jay. But it was all background fodder. If for no other reason than to be a red herring, her entire year should have been the teardown of her up-till-then perfect existence and her struggle to cope.

We've had some hints, her aggressive attitude toward Lauren's problems lately, but there should have been more.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

The Graham Norton trailer for the special episode:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=899590476728038

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

ETA: double post!
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Feb 14 2015, 08:03 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar

Jacqueline Jossa had her baby on Sunday.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Feb 16 2015, 09:58 AM
Jacqueline Jossa had her baby on Sunday.

She's going to be such a trooper getting through the live stuff this week.

Drew
Member Avatar

Assuming she does.

CarlD2
Member Avatar

I thought they said she wasn't going to be in any live stuff.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Feb 16 2015, 07:53 PM
I thought they said she wasn't going to be in any live stuff.
Well, there you go. I hadn't read that.

Manny
Member Avatar

Watched the episode now, it was interesting to see a combination of live and pre-shot episode (even though only the beginning and end were live).

But it was an okay episode, leading into the rest of the week. It was nice seeing all the characters I used to love. I will stick around for the rest of the week to see it unfold and I cannot wait the full live episode. Should be fun! :D

Drew
Member Avatar

Great stuff.

THE FRUITBOWL! And remembering Sonia smashing it.

Stacey Fowler. I'm already on board.

Did Abby kill Lucy? Probably not now, but still a great duff-duff.

Have to say it though, Peggy was the weakest point of the episode. She didn't really have a purpose. The get out of my pub was cute though.

Drew
Member Avatar

New theory:

Bobby killed Lucy, Jane covered it up.

CarlD2
Member Avatar

I enjoyed more of the episode than I thought I would - the only real bad moments for me were all the cuts to Linda's usual misery, Martin taking jabs at Sonia so we could see her doing yet more toothless sourfaces (it made them both look petty), and the Ronnie hospital scenes, which were hugely disappointing - this should have been a happy moment, and instead Charlie was (to me) clearly hoping his wife would die and was upset when she didn't. The idiocy of Roxy and Charlie talking about their tryst over her hospital bed (which I'm pretty sure she overheard) made my head hurt. Why? I just want to see more of Roxy's leather jacket.

Peggy coming back to go and berate Dot was odd, as was her quickly bonding with her and asking her to move to Portugal! I can imagine Grant or Courtney having a few things to say about that. I get that Peggy and Dot are both legends and the show needs these types of characters to share scenes for the anniversary, but it just seemed weird and random as hell.

On the other hand, Peggy meeting Mick worked much better than I'd expected, mostly because of how underplayed it was.

I really appreciated that we got to see so many moments of Ian being contemplative and vulnerable, instead of being a joke. Beyond his thinking of Lucy, I also loved his long talk with Sharon. We so rarely get to see that and it's so important to both characters and to the integrity of the show.

It was difficult to care about the Brannings, as it's been on a loop for days now and the way they write Abi doesn't work for me. I did like the last scene between Peter and Lauren.

Manny
Member Avatar

Today's episode was even better! I loved it!

There more live elements and they jumping from live to pre-taped and back, it was fascinating to watch. I have never watched a soap opera live episode, so I'm impressed. Really well done!

Story-wise, I am really loving it. So it looks like Abi didn't do it, and neither did Peter. So Ian or Jane?! I would hate it if Jane did it.. :( I love Jane!!

I loved Dot's monologue about murder while camera panned over all the suspects.

I loved seeing Tanya again. Kat was being cheap and skanky as usual. Jacqueline Jossa was great! I love her. I like the new Ben also.

I gotta go back to yesterday's episode and agree that Peggy's scenes were really strange and while it was nice seeing her, it was really disjointed and had no meaning (I thought it was just me, who missed some connection because I hadn't watched EE in years, but obviously not, judging by your comments).

I cannot wait for tomorrow!!

PS Jo Joyner messed up?? :lol: I was so confused when she asked Jane "How's Adam?" I thought since I haven't watched in a while that there is someone called Adam.. but now I see that she messed up.. haha But good job when none of them reacted!
Edited by Manny, Feb 18 2015, 04:09 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar

Peggy had been back to the square once before, I forget why, and left a bottle of gin on Pat's door. Then we last saw her in a one-off surprise cameo in Spain with pregnant Ronnie before she returned to the square to try and stop Phil and Sharon's wedding.

But there was no explanation why Peggy was suddenly in the UK. Maybe that will come when Phil's alone with Sharon (Phil's been on remand for the accident that put Ronnie in the hospital which Nick actually caused, he was due to be released last week but lied to Sharon about the time and he was already out when she went to collect him with no idea what he was doing or where he was.)

A better use for Peggy would have been with Sharon.

Edit: I remember now. It was after the Carl White car accident when Phil was in hospital. Peggy visited him in the hospital only but then in a post-credit scene she made a brief stop to the square to leave a tribute bottle on Pat's door.
Edited by Drew, Feb 18 2015, 06:08 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar

Dot's monologue was great.

I too loved the technical complexity of the spicing between live and taped at such a rapid fire pace, and so far without any significant mistakes. A big well done so far to the EastEnders production team.

Loved Tanya. I didn't catch the "Adam" until the internet pointed it out.

Lorna Fitzgerald has been really good. We rarely get to see her do much and she's lead most of the live scenes so far. I wasn't expecting it.

I'm digging in with my prediction. It's Bobby.

CarlD2
Member Avatar

Other than Dean standing outside like an idiot, face plain as day for everyone to see even though he's supposed to be back for evil plans (that story is and always has been a huge bust), I liked this episode a lot. Some great performances, especially from Ben Hardy and Jacqueline Jossa.

Jo Joyner took the flub in great stride.

@dollyjoyner You never answered me @LauriebrettX how is @AdamWoodyatt ?Ö #leastyouknowitslive #gutted
@AdamWoodyatt @dollyjoyner Thanks for asking, Iím fine.
@LauriebrettX @dollyjoyner @AdamWoodyatt should have said- you been drinking Tan?? Love you Jo,youíre the best . And The nation loved it

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply