Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EastEnders Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 01:57 AM (60,806 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Feb 24 2015, 06:34 PM
So happy to see Peter and Lauren happily leave together with baby in the oven and Julia's Theme! Well deserved.
Good ending for now. I'm looking forward to her return.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a632269/eastenders-ellen-thomas-cast-as-new-albert-square-matriarch.html#~p5EaxNkIhBOz0q

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a632251/eastenders-to-have-transgender-storyline-says-executive-producer.html#~p5EbsyCHM9AibF

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

1) That Grace lady (and Mercy, and especially whatever the eff Faith was) were horrible. It seems very odd that they would cast the same actress that played Grace, when she was on so recently. This also worries me that we'll never get Patrick and Cora. :shame:

2) If I read the article right, it says they'll he bringing in a trans actor to help the story. So does that mean a current character is going to be transitioning? Ben or Jay?

Drew
Member Avatar

I don' think it's a given she'll hook up with Patrick just because they both happen to be black. He's not in any condition for a romance at the moment anyway. (I'm not sure why they've crippled him like this when the actor is still viable)

I can barely remember Mercy, let alone her grandmother.

And I read it as a trans-actor as a trans character. Not that they're transitioning an existing one. So it doesn't look like it would even be a transition story.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

This is actually Ellen's 4th role on the show. No other actor has appeared this many times as various characters.

Pearl Chadwick (1990), Estelle Hulton (2002), Grace Olubunmi (2010-2011) and now this.

Drew
Member Avatar

My 1tb drive of Eastenders has failed. So annoying!

1985-1989, 1992-1998, 2000-2005, 2010-2014 and the various specials that have aired over the last 5 years are gone.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I don't know what the first part means at all, but man that must suck. I only got to see 85/86 of EE before those torrents disappeared/stopped working.

Drew
Member Avatar

What? You're in your 20s and don't know what a terabyte or a drive is?

Drew
Member Avatar

Sigh, it looks like the only items I won't be able to redownload are from the era I was slowly making my way through rewatching (2002-2005), and episodes from the last 5 years I've actively been watching. I'm only able to recover a splotchy 2002 and 2003.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Damn! Can Carol ever cut herself some slack and just enjoy herself?

Drew
Member Avatar

No.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

It's better this way, really. Lindsey Coulson is the best actor on the show, so Carol needs to be absolutely miserable to showcase her schooling of the peasants that surround her.

CarlD2
Member Avatar

Dear God, if Pam and Les Coker are not the worst characters ever created for this show, they are very high on the list.

I want someone to backhand them every second they are onscreen.

Drew
Member Avatar

A week and a bit behind.

I love when EE does their overnight character bonding episodes.

Drew
Member Avatar

I love the Cokers. Well mainly Pam.

Drew
Member Avatar

Donna and Fatboy. I'm game. Mainly because I want to see more of her mother.

I can't even look at Bobby now without thinking about Lucy. Great twist writing team.

Drew
Member Avatar

Great episode Friday!

Lots of wonderful old nods. I hope the chair's here to stay.

CarlD2
Member Avatar

I really wish they had just had Linda call the social on Kat flat out, instead of having her call without ever intending to go through it, and then the negative info was only heard by accident. DTC is so hesitant to make his beloved Carters ever look bad (aside from Dean of course), and it cripples them even more than the general lack of chemistry they have with each other and most of the other characters.
Edited by CarlD2, Mar 28 2015, 08:44 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar

I still don't understand this point of view. The Carters are integrating well with the locals and I know I'm not in the minority who's not perceiving this lack of chemistry with the others. Linda and Sharon work well as friends and er interaction with Kim and Kat the night of the shut in was great, Tamwar and Nancy have potential, Tina and Sonia work well together, Stan and Cora are wonderfully cantankerous together, and there were a number of fun interactions for Tina and Nancy with the punters during Donna's birthday.

CarlD2
Member Avatar

I think Sharon and Linda work together, but many of the relationships the Carters have with other characters feel very strained to me. They often seem to come to a halt when you go beyond somewhat awkward romantic relationships (Sonia/Tina, Lee/Whitney, etc.). There's just this odd wall between the family and the rest of Walford. I can't really think of anyone Mick - who is now pushed as the male face of the show - has an interesting relationship with.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply