Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW:Arianna's Accident
Topic Started: Oct 14 2010, 04:26 PM (4,411 Views)
JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I wonder how long would the writers drag this storyline out, yea 2013 seems about right :shame:

As far as the article goes, it is about darn time that we hear more about Rafe life. I was interested, but I`m sure the writers would drop that, because a guy without a past is so much interesting :sarcasm:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

daisy132
Oct 14 2010, 06:46 PM
Angie79
Oct 14 2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:

They ran the whole gamut of emotions (that’s must’ve been hard for GG).

:roflol:

Rafe pleads :huh1:

he begs :huh1: ,

he yells. :huh1:

Can't wait! :sarcasm:
I was thinking the same thing, poor guy

:iloveyou:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I'm not sure the writers are going to give us more about Rafe's past - or if that was GG just sharing the way he's fleshed things out in his head as he plays the character. I haven't seen any indication on screen that we'll hear any more about it. It definitely hasn't been beat over our heads like Daniel's dead ex Rebecca.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar

I really want to hear more about Daniel ex wife, she may not be dead.

Deleted User
Deleted User

daisy132
Angie79

Quote:

You do realize EJ has a limited set of facial expressions, lol.

downturned mouth - I'm not pleased with this.
downturned mouth with blinking while speaking - I'm angrier
downturned mouth, pursed lips, hand to hip, other hand flailing, extremem blinking - I'm really angry.

And with each progression of anger, the blinking gets more intense. It's like his eyelids are a meter of whatever emotion he is trying to convey.

so while he's not a terrible actor, he's actually ridiculous a lot of the time.

But he is much better when he's villainous. Romantic lead just isn't his thing. He was really quite flat during the "romancing" of Sami this summer. Ali was good, James wasn't.

that's my truth on it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

SocRMum1
Oct 14 2010, 09:43 PM
I'm not sure the writers are going to give us more about Rafe's past - or if that was GG just sharing the way he's fleshed things out in his head as he plays the character. I haven't seen any indication on screen that we'll hear any more about it. It definitely hasn't been beat over our heads like Daniel's dead ex Rebecca.
I think they are, and I think his relationship with Sami has a lot to do with Emily.
Quote Post Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
I think it maybe a mourning comparison issue, not to mention a lot of people have been asking for more of a backstory. The "LOL" thing is, it answers the question whether Rafe killed Emily. Sounds like Rafe wasn't even there...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

HASdays
Oct 15 2010, 12:41 AM
daisy132
Angie79

Quote:

downturned mouth, pursed lips, hand to hip, other hand flailing, extremem blinking - I'm really angry.

And with each progression of anger, the blinking gets more intense. It's like his eyelids are a meter of whatever emotion he is trying to convey.

But he is much better when he's villainous. Romantic lead just isn't his thing. He was really quite flat during the "romancing" of Sami this summer. Ali was good, James wasn't.

that's my truth on it.
I once got bored so I decided to decipher the eye blinking morse code of EJ. Turns out Timmy is in the well. And EJ has the hots for Rafe, just kidding...

ejamily4ever

Quote:

GG and Lindsay Hartley (Ari) attacked the scenes with a vengeance. GG says that they’ve had this brother/sister relationship that spans over a decade, so we’re pretty comfortable with it, says GG. When we were on Passions, we had alot of stuff that was pretty charged, and so were these scenes. They ran the whole gamut of emotions. Rafe pleads, he begs, he yells.

This should be good for something. I'll keep to myself what I think it's going to be good for.

Can't believe Rafe tries to make Arianna an accessory to attempted murder. What a guy.

I actually think there is a good chance we are about to find out what happened to Emily. TPTB have addressed so many of the other Rafe complaints that were being voiced, in an effort to make us like him, and this was a biggy

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

crookedhalo
Oct 15 2010, 02:57 AM
SocRMum1
I think it maybe a mourning comparison issue, not to mention a lot of people have been asking for more of a backstory. The "LOL" thing is, it answers the question whether Rafe killed Emily. Sounds like Rafe wasn't even there...
I'm not sure if it's intentional or not but the fact that GG mentions Emily and I think he did previously too in another recent interview and they have Dr. Dan remembering Rebecca makes me think that one or both of these dead women will turn up alive. I always thought that Emily wasn't really dead, that somehow he had to make a sacrifice and send her to WP to save her life for drug/gang thugs that that were threatening to kill her because Arianna's brother nailed them or tried to nail them. That explains why Ari and Rafe didn't speak for years.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

HASdays
daisy132
Angie79

Quote:

that's my truth on it.
He didn't use to have that one set, but in the past year, definitely.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

HASdays
daisy132
Angie79

Quote:

that's my truth on it.
:laugh: I agree. JS has the scowl down to perfection. I've never seen someone be able to downturn their mouths to the extent JS does. Practice makes perfect it seems. Someone needs to remind JS of the old saying... stop making that face or it will get stuck that way. Although it might be too late for him. :tounge:

mesagirl
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Oct 15 2010, 03:00 AM
HASdays
daisy132

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

that's my truth on it.
I once got bored so I decided to decipher the eye blinking morse code of EJ. Turns out Timmy is in the well. And EJ has the hots for Rafe, just kidding...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

michelle
Member Avatar

The villains are supposed to scowl. Would it make more sense if he walked around smiling all day?

annie
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Oct 15 2010, 03:00 AM
HASdays
daisy132

that's my truth on it.
after I read this I had to go back and see who the poster was. ok.

his mouth looks wonderful anytime, anyway, anyhow.

Taelyn

ejamily4ever
Oct 15 2010, 05:15 AM
Quote:

GG and Lindsay Hartley (Ari) attacked the scenes with a vengeance. GG says that they’ve had this brother/sister relationship that spans over a decade, so we’re pretty comfortable with it, says GG. When we were on Passions, we had alot of stuff that was pretty charged, and so were these scenes. They ran the whole gamut of emotions. Rafe pleads, he begs, he yells.

This should be good for something. I'll keep to myself what I think it's going to be good for.

Can't believe Rafe tries to make Arianna an accessory to attempted murder. What a guy.

I actually think there is a good chance we are about to find out what happened to Emily. TPTB have addressed so many of the other Rafe complaints that were being voiced, in an effort to make us like him, and this was a biggy
Well I know what they hinted at when Arianna first came t town.
Rafe wouldnt speak about Emily, and it all had something to do with Ari.. Maybe Arianna was actually resposnible in some mundane way for Emily's death. (Driving Ari to the drug house etc) And I think that Rafe felt responsible becuz Ari is his sister... Maybe the fight he spoke about was about him telling Emily to stay away from his sister because she is bad news .... Dunno, Remember he had not seen Arianna in years and they didnt seem that close. Whatever happened to Emily I think it has more to do with Arianna than Rafe.
Maybe that explains why he would side with the woman he loves over his sister.
Maybe he finally forgives her for all of that and tells her how much he lovs her on her death bed.

Regardless I dont see the story ever pointing to rafe as a bad guy .. I know some want that , which I really dont get becuz even if he did something bad, or illegal .. NOTHING would compare to all the wrong that EJ has done.

ejamily4ever

Taelyn
Oct 15 2010, 04:18 PM
ejamily4ever
Quote:

Rafe wouldnt speak about Emily, and it all had something to do with Ari.. Maybe Arianna was actually resposnible in some mundane way for Emily's death. (Driving Ari to the drug house etc) And I think that Rafe felt responsible becuz Ari is his sister... Maybe the fight he spoke about was about him telling Emily to stay away from his sister because she is bad news .... Dunno, Remember he had not seen Arianna in years and they didnt seem that close. Whatever happened to Emily I think it has more to do with Arianna than Rafe.
Maybe he finally forgives her for all of that and tells her how much he lovs her on her death bed.

Regardless I dont see the story ever pointing to rafe as a bad guy .. I know some want that , which I really dont get becuz even if he did something bad, or illegal .. NOTHING would compare to all the wrong that EJ has done.
I wasn't implying it would point to Rafe in fact I am almost sure at this point that it won't and your guess is probably pretty accurate.

My point was more that they are addressing all the complaints made about Rafe probably in the hopes of making him more likable. Not working for me yet. The Emily situation was definately one of the big complaints. And with Ari dying and Safe engaged my guess is we are about to finally find out what happened.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

ejamily4ever
Oct 15 2010, 07:40 PM
Taelyn
ejamily4ever

I wasn't implying it would point to Rafe in fact I am almost sure at this point that it won't and your guess is probably pretty accurate.

My point was more that they are addressing all the complaints made about Rafe probably in the hopes of making him more likable. Not working for me yet. The Emily situation was definately one of the big complaints. And with Ari dying and Safe engaged my guess is we are about to finally find out what happened.
Well, all the complaints that people had about Rafe have been, for the most part, settled, taken care of ,etc.

He isn't mooching from Sami or anyone else
He isn't leaving Sami when something negative happens
He isn't the one who killed Emily-- GG said in his interview that Rafe wasn't even there.
Rafe isn't trying to take EJ's kids from him-- he told Sami today that he wasn't so sure it was the right thing to do to take EJ's kids away.

THose were all complains that some said made it impossible to like the character. Now that they have been handled, and the writers have made a huge point of handling them, what else is wrong with the character?

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Taelyn
ejamily4ever
Quote:

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
Oct 15 2010, 08:42 PM
ejamily4ever
Oct 15 2010, 07:40 PM
Taelyn

Well, all the complaints that people had about Rafe have been, for the most part, settled, taken care of ,etc.

He isn't mooching from Sami or anyone else
He isn't leaving Sami when something negative happens
He isn't the one who killed Emily-- GG said in his interview that Rafe wasn't even there.
Rafe isn't trying to take EJ's kids from him-- he told Sami today that he wasn't so sure it was the right thing to do to take EJ's kids away.

THose were all complains that some said made it impossible to like the character. Now that they have been handled, and the writers have made a huge point of handling them, what else is wrong with the character?
Rafe is unemployed. Again. Apparently he's decided to join Sami in whomever she's mooching from.

As to your last question...I am so patting myself on the back right now for refraining... :shutup:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply