Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW:Arianna's Accident
Topic Started: Oct 14 2010, 04:26 PM (4,519 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Oct 14 2010, 04:54 PM
Why aren't any of these interviews with Lindsay Hartley?
I think just b/c she's not on the show anymore. Besides, I bet DOOL's prob keeping her away from talking to the press, lol. She's prob got a lot to say about them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 15 2010, 09:56 PM
magicsteacher
Oct 15 2010, 08:42 PM
ejamily4ever
Oct 15 2010, 07:40 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Well, all the complaints that people had about Rafe have been, for the most part, settled, taken care of ,etc.

He isn't mooching from Sami or anyone else
He isn't leaving Sami when something negative happens
He isn't the one who killed Emily-- GG said in his interview that Rafe wasn't even there.
Rafe isn't trying to take EJ's kids from him-- he told Sami today that he wasn't so sure it was the right thing to do to take EJ's kids away.

THose were all complains that some said made it impossible to like the character. Now that they have been handled, and the writers have made a huge point of handling them, what else is wrong with the character?
Rafe is unemployed. Again. Apparently he's decided to join Sami in whomever she's mooching from.

As to your last question...I am so patting myself on the back right now for refraining... :shutup:
Again-- we don't know what Rafe's financial situation is, so we can't say that he has no funds, but we've been round and round about that one. It's not Rafe's job to support Sami's kids-- it's their fathers' jobs and I am sure they do support them. The only thing Rafe and Sami are responsible for are themselves. Rafe got the apartment and fixed it up, so if anyone is mooching here, it would be Sami, not Rafe, especially since Sami didn't know about it-- I doubt her name would be on the lease.

I was addressing the main issues that have been brought up over and over and over again about Rafe-- the fact that he lives off Sami, he leaves her everytime things go wrong, he wants to take EJ's kids from him, he is a bad guy who killed Emily. I am sure people have personal opinions about the character-- not what I was going for. I also think the writers are making a big point of clearing up all those issues once and for all. I am betting that we find out more about his past, also, which will clear up another issue about the character that has been a sticking point.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Kenny
Oct 14 2010, 04:38 PM
Angie79
Oct 14 2010, 04:26 PM
Ari awakens just as EJ slips in, and she prepares to finger Sami...
Bow chicka wow wowwww.
LMAO! Oh my god! :lol:

blueskies
Member Avatar

BricoleIsLove
Oct 16 2010, 12:43 PM
Kenny
Oct 14 2010, 04:38 PM
Angie79
Oct 14 2010, 04:26 PM
Ari awakens just as EJ slips in, and she prepares to finger Sami...
Bow chicka wow wowwww.
LMAO! Oh my god! :lol:
:roflol: I didn't read it like that till right now, :lol:

Taelyn

magicsteacher
ejamily4ever
Taelyn
Oct 15 2010, 04:18 PM

I wasn't implying it would point to Rafe in fact I am almost sure at this point that it won't and your guess is probably pretty accurate.

My point was more that they are addressing all the complaints made about Rafe probably in the hopes of making him more likable. Not working for me yet. The Emily situation was definately one of the big complaints. And with Ari dying and Safe engaged my guess is we are about to finally find out what happened.
Well, all the complaints that people had about Rafe have been, for the most part, settled, taken care of ,etc.

He isn't the one who killed Emily-- GG said in his interview that Rafe wasn't even there.
Rafe isn't trying to take EJ's kids from him-- he told Sami today that he wasn't so sure it was the right thing to do to take EJ's kids away.

THose were all complains that some said made it impossible to like the character. Now that they have been handled, and the writers have made a huge point of handling them, what else is wrong with the character?
The only thing wrong with Rafe. Is what has always been the issue.

1. He is not the Adonis that is EJ :sarcasm:
2. Sami actually loves Rafe instead of ^^^^^^ :toetap:
3. He does not posess a british accent.

These are his worst crimes. His haters will embelish ofcourse but .. for the most part.. He has what EJ wants and thats all the reason anyone needs.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Oct 16 2010, 04:04 PM
magicsteacher
ejamily4ever

These are his worst crimes. His haters will embelish ofcourse but .. for the most part.. He has what EJ wants and thats all the reason anyone needs.
Actually, for me, the only thing wrong with Rafe is that I don't like the way the writer's have ever depicted his character. It has nothing to do with the rest of that crap, thank you very much.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Taelyn
magicsteacher
ejamily4ever

:hail: :hail:
:rockon: :rockon:
:D :D

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I rather see Ej making expressions than Rafe anyday, it is just a matter of opinion, it is not like anyone is going to change their mind anyway.

CapeSafe

Taelyn
magicsteacher
ejamily4ever

Agree with you on all points......

Also, the week of 10/25 don't we get a "fight" between Ej and Rafe :applause: ...Let's hope it isn't some lame shoving match :laugh:

lysie
Member Avatar

I'll just copy and paste...

Can we please stop making assumptions and insinuations about other fans? If you like a character, then like the character. Don't try to insinuate something negative about other people just because they don't think the same as you.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Gotta love the generalized post that explains why people don't fucking like Rafe, I mean far be it for anybody to just not like Rafe for who he is and how he is being written by this moronic and fucking terrible writers. Some people think stereotypes are bad, this crap just feeds into the whole point of how you can't hate or dislike someone without someone telling you why you do or don't. :eyeroll:
Edited by Dakota, Oct 18 2010, 02:47 PM.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

lysie
Oct 18 2010, 01:34 PM

Can we please stop making assumptions and insinuations about other fans? If you like a character, then like the character. Don't try to insinuate something negative about other people just because they don't think the same as you.
Thank you Lysie. :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Logan2010

I'm stoked to see Arianna die after she gets run over in case anyone else here is excited.

lysie
Member Avatar

Logan2010
Oct 18 2010, 03:42 PM
I'm stoked to see Arianna die after she gets run over in case anyone else here is excited.
I plan to throw a party. With balloons and stuff.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Oct 16 2010, 06:05 PM
Taelyn
magicsteacher

Actually, for me, the only thing wrong with Rafe is that I don't like the way the writer's have ever depicted his character. It has nothing to do with the rest of that crap, thank you very much.
Yep Rafe is always trying to do what he can and for the right reasons. Trying to support and help the underdog, no matter what it takes and EJ is...well

letilady

Dakota
Oct 18 2010, 02:44 PM
lysie
Oct 18 2010, 01:34 PM

Thank you Lysie. :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:
cheer thank you! :D myself like EJ better than Rafe. I hope EJ able to help Arianna.

shar_d
Member Avatar

Taelyn
magicsteacher
ejamily4ever

I could care less about Rafe or EJ's looks. I think Rafe is a very attractive man to be quite honest. The reason I don't like him is that he picks and chooses who he feels does/doesnt deserve "justice". He's hypocritical. He only hears Scami's side of the story of her and EJ, but he refuses to acknowledge the wrong doing Scami did. It takes 2 to fight, Scami has made her own fair mistakes in her relationship with EJ and the way she handled everything. Is EJ bad? Yes, but he was honestly trying to change and move on with Nicole, and Scami had to ruin everything by lying about being pregnant. That's what started this whole mess. She should've just told him the truth and let the chips fall as they may. As Sydney's father he had a RIGHT to know she existed. If she thought he was too bad to know, she shouldn't have spread her legs for him and not used protection, and then try to hide the prengancy afterwards. The writers completely ruined a potentially good storyline..as per usual. I could care less about EJ's looks, accent etc. I like his character, he's supposed to be bad, manipulative, sarcastic, charming...what would a soap be without villians?? I just find it hard to believe that Rafe is this wonderful hero. A true hero like John Black, Bo Brady, Roman Brady, Steve Johnson, Shane Donovan, hey even Shawn-D were more heros that Rafe will ever be. The only person he's attempted to be heroic to is Scami. Where was he when his sister was wrongfully accused of the muggings??? Oh yeah..he was off fighting Scami's battles for her, completely forgetting that he had a family of his own. And yet when EJ bailed her out, he didn't even thank him! If he hates so much that EJ helped his sister, why doesn't he pay him back the $300,000 that he used to bail Ari out?? Oh yeah..he can't because the idiot quit his job, knowing that he has a few fiance and 4 kids to fend for..these are the reasons I don't like Rafe. If the writers pair him up with anyone else or write a different storyline for him that doesn't involve Scami, I think he could grow on me more. I used to love him on Passions..I hate him on Days. JMO.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Poor Arianna. Can't even get her own thread about her own death without the looming presence of Sami's Dicks.

Mason
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Oct 18 2010, 05:49 PM
Poor Arianna. Can't even get her own thread about her own death without the looming presence of Sami's Dicks.
Why would she when characters like Bo and Hope can't even achieve that?

mesagirl
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 18 2010, 03:54 PM
Logan2010
Oct 18 2010, 03:42 PM
I plan to throw a party. With balloons and stuff.
LOL I'll bring the cheese dip and some bread.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply