Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Jordan's" identity revealed...
Topic Started: Oct 15 2010, 01:34 AM (5,850 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

She's pretty and has the look, but I think she needs some work first if she's going to play Abby.

Also, there are probably more people up for the roll so we'll have to see, but I never doubted this was Abby.
Edited by Casey, Oct 15 2010, 09:16 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

Well, if this casting script anyway suggest what Jenniferīs return will be about itīs even worse than I imagined. The Jack bias is even worse than during JER and I didnīt think thatīs possible. And the writing for Abby is beyond horrible too.

Itīs also very predictable. Jack will be described as totall ass and averybody will be encouraging her to get divorce. She will refuse, but still have her patended boring nondates with Dr. Ben, who is undoubt on DiMera payroll (because if he was good he would be another Daniel). She will finally agree to divorce or Jack will send her the divorce papers. She and Dr. Ben will get together. The rest is the exact replica of 1994 except Jack having ONS with Jenniferīs mum prior his return to Salem.

I hope atleast Abby is an interesting character, because she is probably the only reason why I even look forward to Jenniferīs return. I would love if DAYS finally had a successfull teen scene.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

jane1978
Oct 15 2010, 09:32 AM
I hope atleast Abby is an interesting character, because she is probably the only reason why I even look forward to Jenniferīs return. I would love if DAYS finally had a successfull teen scene.
They probably could if they had good solid actors, and family ties. From 2009-2010 the teen scene was basically all new characters besides Will who had no family ties to the canvas. At least in 2000-2003 they had Belle, Shawn, Philip, Brady, and they gave Chloe & Mimi parents in Salem.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I can't say I'm surprised this is how Days is choosing to represent Jack. It's the same old, same old. I was a huge J&J fan in the early 90's but ever since Days fired Ashford the first time the show has really botched the writing for Jack.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

Ugh. She comes off as a total snot.

I miss Ashley too, especially after seeing this lol.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Well, I have to say I didn't think she was awful in a general sense, just that I wouldn't cast her as Abby. This reminds me of when Shelley Hennig's Stephanie debuted and a lot of people loathed her for being sex-obsessed with Jeremy. I initially hated Jeremy though I grew to like him a lot, but I never did get the complaint that Stephanie was too sex-crazy because from what we were told Jeremy was her first sexual relationship or at least her first real boyfriend who she was in love with, and it's not uncommon for young people to think they invented sex and to feel pity for people who aren't having as much of it or as exciting a variety of it (they think) as they are. Anyway, I kind of get the same vibe from this Abby, only ten times worse, because it just seems bizarre to have her all, well, Daddy's doing something stupid so you need to start dating! I have no emotional attachment to Jack and Jennifer and even I find that strange.

Also, is this really how they do auditions? At your (or someone's) house? I also was mystified by her outfit, which looks like something I might have worn circa 1990, though not with heels. That isn't the outfit I would have picked knowing the camera has to show me full length and from the side; I would have gone with something a lot more streamlined.

jane1978

I quess this is the writers revenge for me being one of the few here who still defends them and even enjoys the show (mostly), but I really have to wonder why they even bring Jennifer back when she will just replay the same story we already saw two times. This whole scene is like a totall ripoff both from 1994 AND 2001 (if Abby was teen then). You donīt have to change even a line. Is there anyone who is interested to see it for third time?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

jane1978
Oct 15 2010, 10:33 AM
Is there anyone who is interested to see it for third time?

Corday.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

jane1978
I quess this is the writers revenge for me being one of the few here who still defends them and even enjoys the show (mostly), but I really have to wonder why they even bring Jennifer back when she will just replay the same story we already saw two times. This whole scene is like a totall ripoff both from 1994 AND 2001 (if Abby was teen then). You donīt have to change even a line. Is there anyone who is interested to see it for third time?

It depends. I am a huge Jack & Jennifer fan, but if this is Jennifer's story I'm fine with it as long as Jack eventually does come back.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 15 2010, 10:15 AM
Also, is this really how they do auditions? At your (or someone's) house? I also was mystified by her outfit, which looks like something I might have worn circa 1990, though not with heels. That isn't the outfit I would have picked knowing the camera has to show me full length and from the side; I would have gone with something a lot more streamlined.
I found that interesting too. I have no idea how the audition process works. I'm wondering if actresses submit their personal video tapes first. Then the show weeds through them and decides from those tapes who to bring in for auditions with the actors such as Missy Reeves.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

That girl is pretty but not very good. Hopefully she did not get the part. She also comes off too bitchy. Which could be good for the role of ABby but she should also be a little sweet to make up for it.

jane1978

jane1978

CaseyLovesDays

It depends. I am a huge Jack & Jennifer fan, but if this is Jennifer's story I'm fine with it as long as Jack eventually does come back.

Why? To try to win her back for another two years, only for her to finally magnaminously take him back just before the show is canceled? There is no point. Why he would even want her back? How many guys she tried to replace him just in the last 10 years? In 00īs it was atleast new in the sense MA was now finally playing the part he should during the JER era. With him on and the chemistry between Missy and him still there they had atleast somewhat aknowledge J/Jīs supercouple past. But this time, even when MA comes back, itīs totall and direct replay of Langan. The last thing I want to watch is another version of "you are a deadbeat, Jack, I moved on; please Jennifer, take me back; I love this woman but I have first fulfill all these evil DiMera orders she can never know about."

Itīs downright pointless. They are apparently even destroying the close relationship between Jack and Abby, one of the few things I could still look forward.
Edited by jane1978, Oct 15 2010, 11:31 AM.

Mason

Yawn. Fifth verse same as the first. These writers suck.
Edited by Mason, Oct 15 2010, 12:53 PM.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Speaking as a Jack and Jennifer fan, I guess I'm glad I don't share everyone's alarm!

Jack's my favorite character from Days but... the truth is, he's kind of an asshole. He's been an asshole from day one. Pulling these kinds of stuff is 100% in character for Jack, and that's why I'm not worried about it. Yes, it's troubling that Abby's condemning him when she's usually been his greatest supporter but... she's also older and wiser now. I love Jack, I love him with Jennifer and I love when he comes out on top, but what has always been the most appealing aspect of the character to me is how flawed he is. Since his redemption the show has wavered on whether they want to write Jack as an anti-hero or a straight-up hero, and the times when he's a regular hero have always been the least interesting to me.

So, if everyone else in town is hating on him, that's not a big deal to me. Hell, everyone in town hates on Nicole and E.J. too, and they're two of the main characters. I like when Jack's an underdog and I like when everything seems to be against him and then he eventually gets everything he wants back. It's more fun this way. I didn't want Jack and Jennifer to just come back to town blissfully happy and sit on the sidelines pouring tea for other people to give them advice on their problems. I want them to have an actual story and have to struggle and fight to be together. And the way this story is being written seems to leave the door for Jack's return wide open, much more than if neither Jennifer or Abby still had some lingering conflicts and issues with Jack.

I remain tentatively optimistic, though I don't blame those who are otherwise. At least the first scene isn't Jennifer plunging a knife into his chest like a certain other couple.
Edited by SlyestFox, Oct 15 2010, 01:05 PM.

Mason

SlyestFox
Oct 15 2010, 01:01 PM
I didn't want Jack and Jennifer to just come back to town blissfully happy and sit on the sidelines pouring tea for other people to give them advice on their problems.
Jennifer will probably be doing enough of that for both of them, anyway.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 15 2010, 01:03 PM
SlyestFox
I didn't want Jack and Jennifer to just come back to town blissfully happy and sit on the sidelines pouring tea for other people to give them advice on their problems.
Jennifer will probably be doing enough of that for both of them, anyway.
Maybe at first during the Bo/Hope stuff. But this scene suggests to me an actual storyline for Jennifer. I don't believe they'd have brought her back on contract solely to be Maggie Jr.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

What an absolute slap in the face to Jack and Jennifer fans.....what else is new though, they totally obliterated the Jarlena fanbase and not to mention what they have done to the Bo & Hope fans, why should I expect any different for J&J.

These writers can go fuck themselves.

Are they SERIOUSLY breaking up J&J again, painting Jack as a totally irresponsible clown who has once again left Jennifer and his family behind to pursue a story....and WTF Abby convincing her mother to go after Dr. Random (didn't this story happen already, only insert Colin/Brandon/Frankie) again (Ty Treadway's character) GMA *HUGE* FB!!

I am so sick of this bullshit...round and round we go with this crap....the characters of Jack and Jennifer deserve better than this....and what a way to totally taint their last exit, which IMO was very well written and acted.

I would rather see Jennifer KILLED OFF than go through this kind of shit story again....Reeves should have stayed away, this story is a total disservice to her legions of dedicated fans, she should have enquired about the story before deciding to blindly return....not impressed!

What is it going to take for DAYS writers to get it through their head that Jack and Jennifer BELONG together....this Jennifer and new random doctor romance bull shit has Dena FUCKING Higley's hands all over it...she HATES Jack and Jennifer and that was so obvious the last time she was HW and sent them to backburner hell.

This bitch is a toxic pile of pure shit!

And then having Abby "turn" on her dad like this and encourage her mother to move on with some random...what a cunt!....she was J&J biggest cheerleader...NOT INTERESTED and CERTAINLY not interested in whatever that was that was trying to audition for the role.

Ugh this show is such crap...such BULLSHIT!

OMG soo PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!!!

Sorry I gotta say it, but DAYS deserves to be cancelled for shit like this, they deserve these TERRIBLE ratings they are getting...the actors deserve better than this. What an embarassment and all this happening during their 45th anniversary...wow... :puke: :puke: :drunk:

Edited by Mitchapalooza, Oct 15 2010, 02:24 PM.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Well, on the bright side, they don't usually take the YouTube auditions! I did a quick search for Days auditions and these are for the role of "Matt", who turned out to be Chad. I'm not a big fan of Casey Diedrick, but these make me appreciate him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsb6DnTUod8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nytSzwu1xI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM3kKdMD--g&feature=related

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

SlyestFox
Speaking as a Jack and Jennifer fan, I guess I'm glad I don't share everyone's alarm!

Jack's my favorite character from Days but... the truth is, he's kind of an asshole. He's been an asshole from day one. Pulling these kinds of stuff is 100% in character for Jack, and that's why I'm not worried about it. Yes, it's troubling that Abby's condemning him when she's usually been his greatest supporter but... she's also older and wiser now. I love Jack, I love him with Jennifer and I love when he comes out on top, but what has always been the most appealing aspect of the character to me is how flawed he is. Since his redemption the show has wavered on whether they want to write Jack as an anti-hero or a straight-up hero, and the times when he's a regular hero have always been the least interesting to me.

So, if everyone else in town is hating on him, that's not a big deal to me. Hell, everyone in town hates on Nicole and E.J. too, and they're two of the main characters. I like when Jack's an underdog and I like when everything seems to be against him and then he eventually gets everything he wants back. It's more fun this way. I didn't want Jack and Jennifer to just come back to town blissfully happy and sit on the sidelines pouring tea for other people to give them advice on their problems. I want them to have an actual story and have to struggle and fight to be together. And the way this story is being written seems to leave the door for Jack's return wide open, much more than if neither Jennifer or Abby still had some lingering conflicts and issues with Jack.

I remain tentatively optimistic, though I don't blame those who are otherwise. At least the first scene isn't Jennifer plunging a knife into his chest like a certain other couple.
I agree, I remember when Jack made a cameo appearance when Abby was dating Max... This age Abby dating Max...does not compute... But anyway, I hated that version of Jack. Jack is a good man. Jack is unafraid of the Dimeras. Jack is an ass, he's complicated, I love him so.

Taelyn

OhMyMadeleine
Oct 15 2010, 01:54 AM
Well, we also know why Jack isn't with Jennifer in Salem! This video makes me miss Ashley Benson...from what she's done on PLL she would have knocked this girl out of the water.
I LOVED Ashley B.

But I will say that I am thrilled they are bringing Abby home... Even if this actress is not all that great.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply