Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Jordan's" identity revealed...
Topic Started: Oct 15 2010, 01:34 AM (5,936 Views)
Taelyn

lene
Oct 15 2010, 02:18 AM
Ashley Benson's Abby in 05/06 would never have told Jennifer to divorce Jack. :lol:
THANK YOU !!!

Abby adores her Daddy.. This script is so anti Abby that I cant believe they are going to make me hate her.
I get so angry when writers turn characters we love into creeps we dont recognize.. It happened with Stephanie, Chelsea, Belle, Shawn, and so many others. Why dont they just build on everything that we loved about them and go from there? Writers are so stupid. I will be devastated if I come to hate Abby.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Taelyn

jane1978
Oct 15 2010, 10:33 AM
I quess this is the writers revenge for me being one of the few here who still defends them and even enjoys the show (mostly), but I really have to wonder why they even bring Jennifer back when she will just replay the same story we already saw two times. This whole scene is like a totall ripoff both from 1994 AND 2001 (if Abby was teen then). You donīt have to change even a line. Is there anyone who is interested to see it for third time?

Because Higley does not know how to write anything original, Has she ever presented a story she didnt steal or try to copy, other than the horrible and disasterous Autism story ????.. I just wish that if she insists on repeating stories t hat have been told that she would choose the better ones. .. Sounds to me like simply more unhappy people (as if we dont have enough of those)
Edited by Taelyn, Oct 15 2010, 02:53 PM.

Taelyn

dc cubs
Oct 15 2010, 11:11 AM
Paxton
Oct 15 2010, 10:15 AM
Also, is this really how they do auditions? At your (or someone's) house? I also was mystified by her outfit, which looks like something I might have worn circa 1990, though not with heels. That isn't the outfit I would have picked knowing the camera has to show me full length and from the side; I would have gone with something a lot more streamlined.
I found that interesting too. I have no idea how the audition process works. I'm wondering if actresses submit their personal video tapes first. Then the show weeds through them and decides from those tapes who to bring in for auditions with the actors such as Missy Reeves.
Thats exactly how they do it. They send in a reel, and the Casting people choose who they want to see more of from them.

Taelyn

ElvisDiMera
Oct 15 2010, 11:17 AM
That girl is pretty but not very good. Hopefully she did not get the part. She also comes off too bitchy. Which could be good for the role of ABby but she should also be a little sweet to make up for it.
Abby was always Smart, Sweet, and Tough. Resiliant if you will.
She could be a Bitch if someone deserved it, because she had a gentle confidence and stood up for what she believed in, unafraid to speak her mind.. but she was not *A* bitch.
She was always the kind of girl anyone would be lucky to call friend, more often than not she was soft spoken, and adored her Parents and brother, and all her family.. but she was definately a Daddy's girl.
This silly Pageant walking Valley girl is NOTHING like the Abby that I recall.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

SlyestFox
Oct 15 2010, 01:01 PM
Speaking as a Jack and Jennifer fan, I guess I'm glad I don't share everyone's alarm!

Jack's my favorite character from Days but... the truth is, he's kind of an asshole. He's been an asshole from day one. Pulling these kinds of stuff is 100% in character for Jack, and that's why I'm not worried about it. Yes, it's troubling that Abby's condemning him when she's usually been his greatest supporter but... she's also older and wiser now. I love Jack, I love him with Jennifer and I love when he comes out on top, but what has always been the most appealing aspect of the character to me is how flawed he is. Since his redemption the show has wavered on whether they want to write Jack as an anti-hero or a straight-up hero, and the times when he's a regular hero have always been the least interesting to me.

So, if everyone else in town is hating on him, that's not a big deal to me. Hell, everyone in town hates on Nicole and E.J. too, and they're two of the main characters. I like when Jack's an underdog and I like when everything seems to be against him and then he eventually gets everything he wants back. It's more fun this way. I didn't want Jack and Jennifer to just come back to town blissfully happy and sit on the sidelines pouring tea for other people to give them advice on their problems. I want them to have an actual story and have to struggle and fight to be together. And the way this story is being written seems to leave the door for Jack's return wide open, much more than if neither Jennifer or Abby still had some lingering conflicts and issues with Jack.

I remain tentatively optimistic, though I don't blame those who are otherwise. At least the first scene isn't Jennifer plunging a knife into his chest like a certain other couple.
I absolutely agree. I have no problem with this. What else do people expect? There has to be a conflict or else there is no story. If they bring J&J back happy, what can be done? Sure, you could tell a story using them as reporters but that is hardly something that gives them much airtime beyond a day or so a week. People used to complain when Bo and Hope were nothing but the town cops. If J&J were relegated to just being the town reporters or just being there for Abby, people would still complain.

At least they are writing this true to who Jack is, assuming this script is for a scene we actually get to see. Keep in mind that many times before when clips like this or audition scripts got posted a good deal of the time the scene in the audition was either completely changed or never shown on air. I don't see how they are ruining J&J with this. This IS Jack. He would totally up and leave on some mission or adventure. And, judging from the scene in the clips, Jennifer is still committed to him andf resistant to leaving Jack or moving on. That IS Jennifer and that is certainly not what Langan gave us. Langan gave us Jennifer the shrew, who refused to listen to reason and wouldn't bend an inch. Hell, Langan did more to ruin J&J than even JER did. Jack was nothing but a joke and Jennifer was a shrieking shrew who didn't know what the hell she wanted and was stringing three guys along for the ride. Yet, people bitch about this, acting like this is worse than that? Give me a break. I would think anything would be better then that. This has potential. They could explore Jack always leaving his wife and children. Why is that? Boredom? He doesn't like stability? They could explore why Jennifer stays with him or if it's worth it? And before anyone says this writing team isn't capable of it, they are. They've provided alot of insight into Bope's marriage and, recently, they did the same with Stefano and Kate's. I know many will disagree on that though.

Frankly, anything is an improvement over what Langan did to them and what JER did. This is why I was so happy last year when the show only had one supercouple (Bo and Hope) and had moved on in a new direction. When you start bringing supercouples back or one half of them, this is the response you get because there isn't much they haven't done. And, I actually think whatever they have planned for J&J will work because, like Steve and Kayla, unless your a die-hard fan of the couple or of the show and long for days gone by, no one will care that they've separated. Hell, most of the past 20 years of J&J has had them spending more time apart than together. A bulk of the current audience may even like them more with other people. I could honestly see that happening.

JackN'Jen
Member Avatar

SlyestFox
Speaking as a Jack and Jennifer fan, I guess I'm glad I don't share everyone's alarm!

Jack's my favorite character from Days but... the truth is, he's kind of an asshole. He's been an asshole from day one. Pulling these kinds of stuff is 100% in character for Jack, and that's why I'm not worried about it. Yes, it's troubling that Abby's condemning him when she's usually been his greatest supporter but... she's also older and wiser now. I love Jack, I love him with Jennifer and I love when he comes out on top, but what has always been the most appealing aspect of the character to me is how flawed he is. Since his redemption the show has wavered on whether they want to write Jack as an anti-hero or a straight-up hero, and the times when he's a regular hero have always been the least interesting to me.

So, if everyone else in town is hating on him, that's not a big deal to me. Hell, everyone in town hates on Nicole and E.J. too, and they're two of the main characters. I like when Jack's an underdog and I like when everything seems to be against him and then he eventually gets everything he wants back. It's more fun this way. I didn't want Jack and Jennifer to just come back to town blissfully happy and sit on the sidelines pouring tea for other people to give them advice on their problems. I want them to have an actual story and have to struggle and fight to be together. And the way this story is being written seems to leave the door for Jack's return wide open, much more than if neither Jennifer or Abby still had some lingering conflicts and issues with Jack.

I remain tentatively optimistic, though I don't blame those who are otherwise. At least the first scene isn't Jennifer plunging a knife into his chest like a certain other couple.
I agree, Jack and Jen are a lot more entertaining and a lot more fun when they're not together and fighting their feelings.

The thing that pisses me off is that it's the same SL they've always done and I hate how they always make Jack look like the bad guy. Can't they figure out another way to cause conflict instead of always throwing Jack under the bus, making him look as if he's not good enough for Jen. But what PISSES me off the most is that they're turning Abby against him, the Abby I remember worshiped Jack and even when he screwed up she was always on his side so this is a complete 180! AND I HATE IT!!!

Taelyn

See if they are going to tell a old already done Jack story.. They should put a new twist on it. Jack is chasing a story in Iraq or Afganastan and is taken Hostage, maybe even presumed dead.
They could play out the Journalism part an him risking his life which creates strife at home.... Then lead into the captive angle.This also cretes a story for a little adventure. They dont have to do it quite as big as they used to. But atleast this is Pure Jack and whether they keep Jack or kill him off it stays true to character.
But that story would require a bit of creativity.. Which Higley has none of.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

JackN'Jen
Oct 15 2010, 04:22 PM
SlyestFox

I agree, Jack and Jen are a lot more entertaining and a lot more fun when they're not together and fighting their feelings.

The thing that pisses me off is that it's the same SL they've always done and I hate how they always make Jack look like the bad guy. Can't they figure out another way to cause conflict instead of always throwing Jack under the bus, making him look as if he's not good enough for Jen. But what PISSES me off the most is that they're turning Abby against him, the Abby I remember worshiped Jack and even when he screwed up she was always on his side so this is a complete 180! AND I HATE IT!!!
This is my problem too. I don't mind that Jack and Jenn are apart but come up with a different reason than the last several times. Why not have it be Jennifer's fault they aren't together? Something at least a little more original than what has been already played out so many times.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The problem I have with Jack and Jennifer and the current regime is that Jack is ALWAYS the one fucking up, he is always the one running out on his family and Jennifer is always being tested and tailored for a new guy, someone who is the anti-Jack.

Its VERY unoriginal and totally ridiculous. Jennifer will only ever love Jack, to try and imply that she will move on with someone knew is just ridiculous...i think I am more annoyed that the show is trying to create this new magical relationship between Jennifer and any random guy, hoping it will stick and become popular enough so that they never have to bring Jack or MA back to the show.

I feel like the show is almost resentful that Jack worked so well for Jennifer, and do not like the idea of a central and core Horton character is sorta tied to Jack forever.

And THAT is what pisses me off, no respect for MA or the character of Jack or J&J as a couple.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Oct 15 2010, 04:45 PM.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Oct 15 2010, 04:33 PM
See if they are going to tell a old already done Jack story.. They should put a new twist on it. Jack is chasing a story in Iraq or Afganastan and is taken Hostage, maybe even presumed dead.
They could play out the Journalism part an him risking his life which creates strife at home.... Then lead into the captive angle.This also cretes a story for a little adventure. They dont have to do it quite as big as they used to. But atleast this is Pure Jack and whether they keep Jack or kill him off it stays true to character.
Yeah, Jack being presumed dead. That's such a new twist. They've never ever fake killed him off before. :mellow:

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

SlyestFox
Oct 15 2010, 04:49 PM
Taelyn
Yeah, Jack being presumed dead. That's such a new twist. They've never ever fake killed him off before. :mellow:

I don't think they would do that again though, it's a different reign. Jack was killed off so many times because James Reilly liked to mess with him.

Taelyn

SlyestFox
Oct 15 2010, 04:49 PM
Taelyn

HA..HA.. Yes ...obviously Its not new by any strech of the imagination ..and yes, its been done many times .. I admit it.. But then ALL the stories have, and are simply new twists on OLD stories.
So if thats how they are going they should atleast make it interesting .. They should Cover the fear and anger that Jennifer felt about his assignment, do the phone calls thing and drag it out until he is captured, even let them touch on the Negotiatians angle, they should atleast try to make it interesting and angsty..

This could draw on every emotion from Jennifer and Abby. IF its written well.. Which is a super long shot.
But thy should not just have Jenn return saying Jack is gone, and im sick of it and move on. They need an actual 'STORY' Even if its an old done repeately story.

The problem here is
A. M.A is it seems not available
B. Dena does not know hown to write anything new and original
C. Sadly she does not know how to rewrite stories either
Edited by Taelyn, Oct 15 2010, 05:11 PM.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Taelyn
Oct 15 2010, 04:59 PM
Not correct. Matt is available right now, and has expressed great interest in returning. He just hasn't been approached by the show yet, but since him & Tomlin worked together I think that's a good thing. It could play in his favor.
Edited by Casey, Oct 15 2010, 05:08 PM.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 15 2010, 04:44 PM
The problem I have with Jack and Jennifer and the current regime is that Jack is ALWAYS the one fucking up, he is always the one running out on his family and Jennifer is always being tested and tailored for a new guy, someone who is the anti-Jack.

Its VERY unoriginal and totally ridiculous. Jennifer will only ever love Jack, to try and imply that she will move on with someone knew is just ridiculous...i think I am more annoyed that the show is trying to create this new magical relationship between Jennifer and any random guy, hoping it will stick and become popular enough so that they never have to bring Jack or MA back to the show.

I feel like the show is almost resentful that Jack worked so well for Jennifer, and do not like the idea of a central and core Horton character is sorta tied to Jack forever.

And THAT is what pisses me off, no respect for MA or the character of Jack or J&J as a couple.
I don't agree with all of this. Honestly, and again I say this as a die-hard Jack fan, it's not just under this current regime that Jack is the one always fucking up. It's under every regime that's ever written for the character. Jack has never not been the one screwing things up. Jack is irresponsible and untrustworthy. Those are core traits of his. He's also arrogant and manipulative. He really is a total jerk, even Matt Ashford's admitted that. But these assholish qualities are tempered by him also being passionate and adventurous and clever and charming, which thus makes him a likable character, but he's always been untrustworthy, always shied away from commitment and stability. It's who he is.

So, honestly, to make him suddenly this stable responsible guy would be completely out of character. And since Jennifer is a stable and responsible person, that is always a conflict, and so it makes sense, if she's going to be with someone else, that she be with an Anti-Jack. But ultimately these guys will either turn out to be evil (Peter, Colin) or she'll get bored with them (Frankie, Brandon) and she'll realize Jack is ultimately the one she belongs with and is the one that makes her feel alive. Usually these other pairings aren't paired as that magical for all that long. Colin and Peter were both turned evil almost immediately, Brandon was never treated as a serious possibility for Jennifer and Jennifer was only interested in Frankie the second time around because Jack asked her to be.

And I don't think they're resentful that Jack works so well with Jennifer. I think JER's regime was resentful of that... in fact that was clear. Other regimes have not. Even Langan, for all the faults there, ultimately wrote Jack as a sympathetic character that the audience rooted for. We forget that for all the silliness, there was some really good moments in there for them. The show is well aware that Jack and Jennifer are a supercouple, and I think they're fine with that, although Jennifer is definitely the part of the equation that's most important to them (which is nothing new - Marlena was more important to Days than John and Bo seems more important to Days than Hope, they choose favorites). But supercouples can't just always be together. They've broken up Bo and Hope and John and Marlena just as often as Jack and Jennifer. These couples need to have drama in order for there to be any story.
Edited by SlyestFox, Oct 15 2010, 05:07 PM.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Oct 15 2010, 02:52 PM
jane1978
Oct 15 2010, 10:33 AM
I quess this is the writers revenge for me being one of the few here who still defends them and even enjoys the show (mostly), but I really have to wonder why they even bring Jennifer back when she will just replay the same story we already saw two times. This whole scene is like a totall ripoff both from 1994 AND 2001 (if Abby was teen then). You donīt have to change even a line. Is there anyone who is interested to see it for third time?

Because Higley does not know how to write anything original, Has she ever presented a story she didnt steal or try to copy, other than the horrible and disasterous Autism story ????.. I just wish that if she insists on repeating stories t hat have been told that she would choose the better ones. .. Sounds to me like simply more unhappy people (as if we dont have enough of those)
I wouldn't even call the autism storyline original. It was basically her own life.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

SlyestFox
Oct 15 2010, 05:04 PM
Mitchapalooza
Oct 15 2010, 04:44 PM

I don't agree with all of this. Honestly, and again I say this as a die-hard Jack fan, it's not just under this current regime that Jack is the one always fucking up. It's under every regime that's ever written for the character. Jack has never not been the one screwing things up. Jack is irresponsible and untrustworthy. Those are core traits of his. They're tempered by him also being passionate and adventurous and clever, which thus makes him a likable character, but he's always been untrustworthy, always shied away from commitment and stability. It's who he is.

So, honestly, to make him suddenly this stable responsible guy would be completely out of character. And since Jennifer is a stable and responsible person, that is always a conflict, and so it makes sense, if she's going to be with someone else, that she be with an Anti-Jack. But ultimately these guys will either turn out to be evil (Peter, Colin) or she'll get bored with them (Frankie, Brandon) and she'll realize Jack is ultimately the one she belongs with and is the one that makes her feel alive. Usually these other pairings aren't paired as that magical for all that long. Colin and Peter were both turned evil almost immediately, Brandon was never treated as a serious possibility for Jennifer and Jennifer was only interested in Frankie the second time around because Jack asked her to be.

And I don't think they're resentful that Jack works so well with Jennifer. I think JER's regime was resentful of that... in fact that was clear. Other regimes have not. Even Langan, for all the faults there, ultimately wrote Jack as a sympathetic character that the audience rooted for. We forget that for all the silliness, there was some really good moments in there for them. The show is well aware that Jack and Jennifer are a supercouple, and I think they're fine with that, although Jennifer is definitely the part of the equation that's most important to them (which is nothing new - Marlena was more important to Days than John and Bo seems more important to Days than Hope, they choose favorites). But supercouples can't just always be together. They've broken up Bo and Hope and John and Marlena just as often as Jack and Jennifer. These couples need to have drama in order for there to be any story.
^ Your on a major role today. Keep these awesome posts coming Slyest fox.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I always wanted Jack & Billie together. Matthew Ashford & Julie Pinson had such great chemistry. And I always loved Jennifer with Peter but we know that will never happen again LoL.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

darraholic
Oct 15 2010, 05:08 PM
I always wanted Jack & Billie together. Matthew Ashford & Julie Pinson had such great chemistry. And I always loved Jennifer with Peter but we know that will never happen again LoL.
That's why I was so annoyed when I heard Frankie was supposedly coming back. I was like we've been there, and done that. It would make for a much more interesting story if Billie was brought back as the interloper this time. Plus Julie Pinson is available..

Taelyn

CaseyLovesDays
Taelyn
Not correct. Matt is available right now, and has expressed great interest in returning. He just hasn't been approached by the show yet, but since him & Tomlin worked together I think that's a good thing. It could play in his favor.
Ohh I thought he was doing a project that required him to travel right now But I admit It wouldnt be the first time I was wrong.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Taelyn
Oct 15 2010, 05:13 PM
CaseyLovesDays
Taelyn
Ohh I thought he was doing a project that required him to travel right now But I admit It wouldnt be the first time I was wrong.
We'll he was traveling for Momma Mia for a couple of months, and that's why he couldn't film any episodes for Alice's tribute. He got back in June I think, and now all he's working on is The Bay but they filmed all the episodes in one night so he's not doing anything right now.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply