Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Jordan's" identity revealed...
Topic Started: Oct 15 2010, 01:34 AM (5,776 Views)
Days4Life

CaseyLovesDays
Oct 15 2010, 05:10 PM
darraholic
Oct 15 2010, 05:08 PM
I always wanted Jack & Billie together. Matthew Ashford & Julie Pinson had such great chemistry. And I always loved Jennifer with Peter but we know that will never happen again LoL.
That's why I was so annoyed when I heard Frankie was supposedly coming back. I was like we've been there, and done that. It would make for a much more interesting story if Billie was brought back as the interloper this time. Plus Julie Pinson is available..
I thought there was a lot of chemistry between Jack and Billie--both the Lisa Rinna version and Julie Pinson's--and would have liked to see that relationship explored. It would have been a nice change up in the storyline as it's always been Jennifer who took up with someone else. I am a long time Jack/Jennifer fan and do love them together, but most of all I want a good story for them, whether together or separate. It does make sense for Jack to wander off on some adventure, explaining why Jennifer is coming back to Salem by herself. That's Jack...he's not a responsible, steady, laid back guy who works 9 to 5 and then sits by the fireplace...he's a wanderer, a dreamer and a schemer, always chasing the next big story. While I really hope MA is back sometime in the future, right now that's not happening so they have to explain his absence somehow.

I'm not going to get too worked up about the audition scene. We may never even see that play out; it could just be used for the audition process. I do hope Abby isn't quite as much of a perfect good girl as she was during her last couple years on the show. She needs to show some of her dad's personality and not just Jennifer's wholesomeness.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

SlyestFox
Oct 15 2010, 05:04 PM
Mitchapalooza
Oct 15 2010, 04:44 PM
The problem I have with Jack and Jennifer and the current regime is that Jack is ALWAYS the one fucking up, he is always the one running out on his family and Jennifer is always being tested and tailored for a new guy, someone who is the anti-Jack.

Its VERY unoriginal and totally ridiculous. Jennifer will only ever love Jack, to try and imply that she will move on with someone knew is just ridiculous...i think I am more annoyed that the show is trying to create this new magical relationship between Jennifer and any random guy, hoping it will stick and become popular enough so that they never have to bring Jack or MA back to the show.

I feel like the show is almost resentful that Jack worked so well for Jennifer, and do not like the idea of a central and core Horton character is sorta tied to Jack forever.

And THAT is what pisses me off, no respect for MA or the character of Jack or J&J as a couple.
I don't agree with all of this. Honestly, and again I say this as a die-hard Jack fan, it's not just under this current regime that Jack is the one always fucking up. It's under every regime that's ever written for the character. Jack has never not been the one screwing things up. Jack is irresponsible and untrustworthy. Those are core traits of his. He's also arrogant and manipulative. He really is a total jerk, even Matt Ashford's admitted that. But these assholish qualities are tempered by him also being passionate and adventurous and clever and charming, which thus makes him a likable character, but he's always been untrustworthy, always shied away from commitment and stability. It's who he is.

So, honestly, to make him suddenly this stable responsible guy would be completely out of character. And since Jennifer is a stable and responsible person, that is always a conflict, and so it makes sense, if she's going to be with someone else, that she be with an Anti-Jack. But ultimately these guys will either turn out to be evil (Peter, Colin) or she'll get bored with them (Frankie, Brandon) and she'll realize Jack is ultimately the one she belongs with and is the one that makes her feel alive. Usually these other pairings aren't paired as that magical for all that long. Colin and Peter were both turned evil almost immediately, Brandon was never treated as a serious possibility for Jennifer and Jennifer was only interested in Frankie the second time around because Jack asked her to be.

And I don't think they're resentful that Jack works so well with Jennifer. I think JER's regime was resentful of that... in fact that was clear. Other regimes have not. Even Langan, for all the faults there, ultimately wrote Jack as a sympathetic character that the audience rooted for. We forget that for all the silliness, there was some really good moments in there for them. The show is well aware that Jack and Jennifer are a supercouple, and I think they're fine with that, although Jennifer is definitely the part of the equation that's most important to them (which is nothing new - Marlena was more important to Days than John and Bo seems more important to Days than Hope, they choose favorites). But supercouples can't just always be together. They've broken up Bo and Hope and John and Marlena just as often as Jack and Jennifer. These couples need to have drama in order for there to be any story.
You said it all. I agree completely.

I mean, people are always wanting character driven stories and complaining when people act out of character. Well, in this case, both J&J would be in character and yet people are still complaining? No wonder the show ignores what the fans want. :eyeroll:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Days4Life
Oct 15 2010, 05:31 PM
CaseyLovesDays
Oct 15 2010, 05:10 PM
darraholic
Oct 15 2010, 05:08 PM
I always wanted Jack & Billie together. Matthew Ashford & Julie Pinson had such great chemistry. And I always loved Jennifer with Peter but we know that will never happen again LoL.
That's why I was so annoyed when I heard Frankie was supposedly coming back. I was like we've been there, and done that. It would make for a much more interesting story if Billie was brought back as the interloper this time. Plus Julie Pinson is available..
I thought there was a lot of chemistry between Jack and Billie--both the Lisa Rinna version and Julie Pinson's--and would have liked to see that relationship explored. It would have been a nice change up in the storyline as it's always been Jennifer who took up with someone else. I am a long time Jack/Jennifer fan and do love them together, but most of all I want a good story for them, whether together or separate. It does make sense for Jack to wander off on some adventure, explaining why Jennifer is coming back to Salem by herself. That's Jack...he's not a responsible, steady, laid back guy who works 9 to 5 and then sits by the fireplace...he's a wanderer, a dreamer and a schemer, always chasing the next big story. While I really hope MA is back sometime in the future, right now that's not happening so they have to explain his absence somehow.

I'm not going to get too worked up about the audition scene. We may never even see that play out; it could just be used for the audition process. I do hope Abby isn't quite as much of a perfect good girl as she was during her last couple years on the show. She needs to show some of her dad's personality and not just Jennifer's wholesomeness.
I liked Jack and Billie too. Hell, I liked Jack and Greta as well.

Both Jack and Jennifer could stand to be a part for awhile. As long as he's not dying every month and as long as he's not a buffoon and Jennifer is not toying with three men and acting like a shrew, I'm good.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 15 2010, 05:59 PM
I mean, people are always wanting character driven stories and complaining when people act out of character. Well, in this case, both J&J would be in character and yet people are still complaining? No wonder the show ignores what the fans want. :eyeroll:
What the fans want is material that isn't recycled. Why is it so impossible to give us a story in which Jack and Jennifer both behave in character and the story isn't one we've already seen five times in the past?

The fact that Jack has once again ditched Jennifer to roam the globe for God only knows what reason shows a complete lack of creativity from the writers. I mean seriously. This is the best that Dena & Co. could come up with when Missy Reeves was invited back to the show? Another "Jack fucks up/runs away and Jennifer falls for another man" story? It's been done to death. Why can't the writers think outside the box and give us a fresh story for once?

supermanfan85
Member Avatar

Interesting... so the question is... who is "Amber"??? or did "Amber" get turned into "Jordan"

Kenny
Member Avatar

Also, allow me to clarify that I don't mind Jennifer being paired with Ty Treadway's character. I actually think they could be cute together. However, the reason for Jack and Jennifer being apart is tired. He's always either traveling the globe on some hare-brained scheme leaving his family in the dust or he's "dead." Give us something new please.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

supermanfan85
Oct 15 2010, 06:16 PM
Interesting... so the question is... who is "Amber"??? or did "Amber" get turned into "Jordan"
Nope, "Jordan" came out in July around the time we heard Missy was coming back. "Amber" we just heard about a little while ago. Plus, they have huge age differences.

jane1978

This is a big misunderstanding. Iīm all for J/J having a conflict. Iīm all for them separate, even move on with other people. But OMG do it with a respect to what they are and not try to constantly put down one half just because you want viewers to give a better chance to the newest interloper. Bo and Hope still love each other. They still have an utmost respect for each other. Yes, their marriage has failed and Bo is even in love with another woman, but he is not portrayed as the deadbeat husband and daddy who naive and stupid Jennifer is still in love with even when she would be much better with pretty much any man who comes along. Thatīs what makes me so angry. This is not different from Langan, itīs exactly the same. Heck, we could just copy and paste the scene where Julie encourages Jennifer to move on and it would fit in perfectly. No change needed.

And letīs not even start with Abby, the same Abby who was beyond upset with her mum when she moved on with Frankie even when she thought daddy is dead. Now she encourages her to have an affair? Not even a line from this scene anyway fits with who Abby is and how we get to know her on screen. And Iīm not talking about some old memory from J/Jīs gold days, Iīm talking about just 4 years ago.

As for Jennifer trying to defend Jack, she basically says she always knew he is a deadbeat but still married him and for some unknown reason she loves him. I donīt think thatīs the best way you sumarize arguably third or fourth most popular romance story of the showīs 45 yearīs history. Itīs right from Langanīs women will understand theory where he thought the more bad and unappealingly he writes Jack the more will people sympathize with Jennifer and her new romance. Itīs forced, it contradicts everything the viewers saw and it will make Jennifer look really stupid becase she married this unreliable and incompetent man not once, not two, but three times. And if/when he finally returns she will eventually take him back once again.
Edited by jane1978, Oct 15 2010, 07:06 PM.

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

Not feeling that girl to play Abby.

jane1978

SlyestFox
Mitchapalooza
The problem I have with Jack and Jennifer and the current regime is that Jack is ALWAYS the one fucking up, he is always the one running out on his family and Jennifer is always being tested and tailored for a new guy, someone who is the anti-Jack.

Its VERY unoriginal and totally ridiculous. Jennifer will only ever love Jack, to try and imply that she will move on with someone knew is just ridiculous...i think I am more annoyed that the show is trying to create this new magical relationship between Jennifer and any random guy, hoping it will stick and become popular enough so that they never have to bring Jack or MA back to the show.

I feel like the show is almost resentful that Jack worked so well for Jennifer, and do not like the idea of a central and core Horton character is sorta tied to Jack forever.

And THAT is what pisses me off, no respect for MA or the character of Jack or J&J as a couple.
I don't agree with all of this. Honestly, and again I say this as a die-hard Jack fan, it's not just under this current regime that Jack is the one always fucking up. It's under every regime that's ever written for the character. Jack has never not been the one screwing things up. Jack is irresponsible and untrustworthy. Those are core traits of his. He's also arrogant and manipulative. He really is a total jerk, even Matt Ashford's admitted that. But these assholish qualities are tempered by him also being passionate and adventurous and clever and charming, which thus makes him a likable character, but he's always been untrustworthy, always shied away from commitment and stability. It's who he is.

So, honestly, to make him suddenly this stable responsible guy would be completely out of character. And since Jennifer is a stable and responsible person, that is always a conflict, and so it makes sense, if she's going to be with someone else, that she be with an Anti-Jack. But ultimately these guys will either turn out to be evil (Peter, Colin) or she'll get bored with them (Frankie, Brandon) and she'll realize Jack is ultimately the one she belongs with and is the one that makes her feel alive. Usually these other pairings aren't paired as that magical for all that long. Colin and Peter were both turned evil almost immediately, Brandon was never treated as a serious possibility for Jennifer and Jennifer was only interested in Frankie the second time around because Jack asked her to be.

And I don't think they're resentful that Jack works so well with Jennifer. I think JER's regime was resentful of that... in fact that was clear. Other regimes have not. Even Langan, for all the faults there, ultimately wrote Jack as a sympathetic character that the audience rooted for. We forget that for all the silliness, there was some really good moments in there for them. The show is well aware that Jack and Jennifer are a supercouple, and I think they're fine with that, although Jennifer is definitely the part of the equation that's most important to them (which is nothing new - Marlena was more important to Days than John and Bo seems more important to Days than Hope, they choose favorites). But supercouples can't just always be together. They've broken up Bo and Hope and John and Marlena just as often as Jack and Jennifer. These couples need to have drama in order for there to be any story.
I agree with the way you described Jack. But he was also very caring and Jennifer was on the top of his word. And most importantly, in some weird way Jennifer fit and even wanted to be a part of that world. Thatīs what made them so popular. She loved him for who he is, not for what she wants him to be. Honestly, Iīm not even sure why I still want J/J together because this Jennifer is like from some bizaro world and no way would Jack ever fall in love with her. She is boring, undecisive, whinning, fickle, jaded and self-righteous. I hate that Jack is always her second choice. Not even once she returned to him because she realized he is her true love, it was always because her latest Mr. Perfect turned either boring or evil (or both).

Besides, even when J/J are portrayed this way for almost 15 years now it doesnīt mean the show should do it once again. It wasnīt very popular during first JER era, it was downright hated during Langanīs era and it made people mostly totally disinterest in them during JERīs second era. So why continue? Even when Jack is not really there, people would love to see Jennifer be that sweet, optimistic and active person who wouldnīt just sit home complaining about how Jack is awfull, but tried actively discover whatīs going on, didnīt believe he would just leave her and Abby without a serious reason and even decided to follow him to whatever he is so they can deal with the things together.

Thatīs the Jennifer I started to watch the show for. Thatīs the woman I would love to see on the screen once again. This is something the writers are apparently not realizing. Many people donīt just love Missy, they love Jennifer. That character was uniq, her values were uniq and the way Missy portrayed her just fit perfectly. If she is once again forced to play some character named Jennifer who is noway similar to that REAL Jennifer people fell in love with this return will quickly turn into another dud and soon she will be as much unpopular as Carly is now no matter if Jack is back or not.
Edited by jane1978, Oct 15 2010, 07:46 PM.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

jane1978
Oct 15 2010, 06:59 PM
This is a big misunderstanding. Iīm all for J/J having a conflict. Iīm all for them separate, even move on with other people. But OMG do it with a respect to what they are and not try to constantly put down one half just because you want viewers to give a better chance to the newest interloper. Bo and Hope still love each other. They still have an utmost respect for each other. Yes, their marriage has failed and Bo is even in love with another woman, but he is not portrayed as the deadbeat husband and daddy who naive and stupid Jennifer is still in love with even when she would be much better with pretty much any man who comes along. Thatīs what makes me so angry. This is not different from Langan, itīs exactly the same. Heck, we could just copy and paste the scene where Julie encourages Jennifer to move on and it would fit in perfectly. No change needed.

And letīs not even start with Abby, the same Abby who was beyond upset with her mum when she moved on with Frankie even when she thought daddy is dead. Now she encourages her to have an affair? Not even a line from this scene anyway fits with who Abby is and how we get to know her on screen. And Iīm not talking about some old memory from J/Jīs gold days, Iīm talking about just 4 years ago.

As for Jennifer trying to defend Jack, she basically says she always knew he is a deadbeat but still married him and for some unknown reason she loves him. I donīt think thatīs the best way you sumarize arguably third or fourth most popular romance story of the showīs 45 yearīs history. Itīs right from Langanīs women will understand theory where he thought the more bad and unappealingly he writes Jack the more will people sympathize with Jennifer and her new romance. Itīs forced, it contradicts everything the viewers saw and it will make Jennifer look really stupid becase she married this unreliable and incompetent man not once, not two, but three times. And if/when he finally returns she will eventually take him back once again.
The problem is that Jack really is unreliable. That's not new. And Langan didn't make up that aspect of Jack's personality, it's always been there. I wouldn't call him incompetent since all characterizations of Jack have included that he's a gifted reporter and writer, but he can be a bit of a screw-up because he tends to scheme and dream rather than actually work hard in conventional ways. And that ties back to the fact that Jack comes from wealth and the upper-class and so he was used to just always having money. Thus even in the first run we saw him scheming to get his millions back rather than just buckle down and get a regular job like everybody else.

Bo and Hope's situation is different because their personalities are different. None of them have the shady persona that Jack has. So, yes, we're going to get scenes with people like Julie encouraging Jennifer to move on from Jack. And, objectively, one can understand where she's coming from. Seriously, Jack's a dick. He loves Jennifer and the kids with all his heart, but he's not a very good husband and he's only a slightly better father. Frankly, I'd like the character of Jack less if people didn't lob these justifiable complaints Jack's way because otherwise he'd be this annoying Mary Sue character who does these rotten things and never ever gets called on it.

And I wouldn't worry about the situation making Jennifer look bad. I frequented soap message boards during J&J's second run and... they were extremely popular. Even among people who didn't see the first run. Jack was a fun, entertaining character in that era. The very definition of the Lovable Rogue. And everyone loves that guy. So, worry not, no matter how bad they make Jack look (if they even do, I suspect it won't be as egregious as you're fearing) he's still going to be popular and rooted for by the audience. He always is.
Edited by SlyestFox, Oct 15 2010, 08:00 PM.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

jane1978
Oct 15 2010, 07:41 PM
SlyestFox
Mitchapalooza

I agree with the way you described Jack. But he was also very caring and Jennifer was on the top of his word. And most importantly, in some weird way Jennifer fit and even wanted to be a part of that world. Thatīs what made them so popular. She loved him for who he is, not for what she wants him to be. Honestly, Iīm not even sure why I still want J/J together because this Jennifer is like from some bizaro world and no way would Jack ever fall in love with her. She is boring, undecisive, whinning, fickle, jaded and self-righteous. I hate that Jack is always her second choice. Not even once she returned to him because she realized he is her true love, it was always because her latest Mr. Perfect turned either boring or evil (or both).

Besides, even when J/J are portrayed this way for almost 15 years now it doesnīt mean the show should do it once again. It wasnīt very popular during first JER era, it was downright hated during Langanīs era and it made people mostly totally disinterest in them during JERīs second era. So why continue? Even when Jack is not really there, people would love to see Jennifer be that sweet, optimistic and active person who wouldnīt just sit home complaining about how Jack is awfull, but tried actively discover whatīs going on, didnīt believe he would just leave her and Abby without a serious reason and even decided to follow him to whatever he is so they can deal with the things together.

Thatīs the Jennifer I started to watch the show for. Thatīs the woman I would love to see on the screen once again. This is something the writers are apparently not realizing. Many people donīt just love Missy, they love Jennifer. That character was uniq, her values were uniq and the way Missy portrayed her just fit perfectly. If she is once again forced to play some character named Jennifer who is noway similar to that REAL Jennifer people fell in love with this return will quickly turn into another dud and soon she will be as much unpopular as Carly is now no matter if Jack is back or not.
The way I see it, Jack and Jennifer have an eternal issue that's always going to cause drama for them: Jennifer likes stability. Jack does not. Ultimately that's what it always comes down to. So while it may seem repetitive that they keep coming back to this issue, it's because it's never going to go away. And I think it's fine that this is their core issue that most of their drama stems from. It keeps them as realistic characters with real personalities and problems that are internal rather than external, authentic rather than artificial. This is why I've always found them more interesting than, say, John and Marlena, because John and Marlena have always been presented as if they're perfectly happy together with no issues whatsoever. Because of this, in order to give them drama, they always needed to resort to kidnapping one, or brainwashing one, or giving one amnesia, or faking one's death, or constant DiMera involvement... because otherwise they'd be perfectly happy. That's boring. I prefer a couple that has actual issues and don't need plot-created silliness to cause them for them.

So, for me, it's okay that they're dealing with the same issues they dealt with 15 years ago. Frankly, in real life couples deal with the same issues they dealt with 15 years ago too. Something so intrinsic to their personalities isn't going to go away with the drop of a hat. As for Jennifer's change of personality from the first run to the second, I attribute that to actual character development. In the first run she was like 20 years old, wide-eyed and optimistic and hopelessly in love with Jack. In the second run, she was now 30, a divorced single mom. She'd grown up, and suddenly Jack's schtick probably didn't seem so cute anymore when she had a little girl missing her father. So of course she was now colder and less inclined to give in to Jack, even the show really didn't make much secret of Jennifer having feelings for him - though she rarely admitted it to Jack, they'd wind up making out/almost having sex approximately once a month, and Jennifer was often confessing to Hope or just to herself when she was alone that she did love Jack but she couldn't trust him and couldn't let herself fall for his act again.

I think that's a perfectly reasonable shift in personality. It's ten years later again, Jennifer's now 40, who knows what she'll be like now? In the scenes with Abby she seemed much more tolerant and forgiving of Jack than she did ten years ago, after all. But there's no reason in the world that she'd be acting exactly like she did twenty years ago. She's grown up.

And I don't agree that Jack is ever her second choice. She cheated on Brandon with Jack on more than one occasion, I don't think that was indicative of him being a runner-up. She ultimately fell back in love with Jack before she even knew Colin was evil. In the case of Frankie, there's simply no way that could be spun where Jennifer chose him over Jack. She wasn't even giving him a second thought until Jack "died" and she discovered he wanted her to marry Frankie. Then when Jack came back, there was like ten seconds of her being torn and she immediately went back to Jack. Only with Peter can you make that argument fairly, and that was Stephanie Cameron and Mark Valley at that point so who cares?
Edited by SlyestFox, Oct 15 2010, 08:20 PM.

jane1978

SlyestFox
Oct 15 2010, 07:59 PM
jane1978

The problem is that Jack really is unreliable. That's not new. And Langan didn't make up that aspect of Jack's personality, it's always been there. I wouldn't call him incompetent since all characterizations of Jack have included that he's a gifted reporter and writer, but he can be a bit of a screw-up because he tends to scheme and dream rather than actually work hard in conventional ways. And that ties back to the fact that Jack comes from wealth and the upper-class and so he was used to just always having money. Thus even in the first run we saw him scheming to get his millions back rather than just buckle down and get a regular job like everybody else.

Bo and Hope's situation is different because their personalities are different. None of them have the shady persona that Jack has. So, yes, we're going to get scenes with people like Julie encouraging Jennifer to move on from Jack. And, objectively, one can understand where she's coming from. Seriously, Jack's a dick. He loves Jennifer and the kids with all his heart, but he's not a very good husband and he's only a slightly better father. Frankly, I'd like the character of Jack less if people didn't lob these justifiable complaints Jack's way because otherwise he'd be this annoying Mary Sue character who does these rotten things and never ever gets called on it.

And I wouldn't worry about the situation making Jennifer look bad. I frequented soap message boards during J&J's second run and... they were extremely popular. Even among people who didn't see the first run. Jack was a fun, entertaining character in that era. The very definition of the Lovable Rogue. And everyone loves that guy. So, worry not, no matter how bad they make Jack look (if they even do, I suspect it won't be as egregious as you're fearing) he's still going to be popular and rooted for by the audience. He always is.
I donīt have problem with Jack. Honestly, I donīt even know if he will be back so I really donīt care how/if people will accept him. I have problem with Jennifer, who I know will be back and who I know will once again hate. I donīt want to hate her. She is the character I started to watch the show for. I hate she will once again have these boring non dates with latest Mr. Perfect, I hate she will once again turn her virgin persona on and pretend she is not physically attracted to Mr. Perfect because she still loves Jack (whatīs the point when Jack is not even part of the show and we know she will eventually move on), and I hate I will have once again endure all the Jack and Jack/Jennifer bashing and downgrading which goes against everything I watched on my own eyes.

I survived this period during Langan/Brash-Cwikly and all I got was not even 10 minute long scene where Jennifer basically said "Brandon was boring and Colin is evil, I quess you arenīt so bad after all, Jack." Thatīs not much for a two year torture. And Jennifer suddenly choosing and even sleeping with Jack just because they had to hide in some cave which reminded them COD didnīt make even sense. Just two weeks ago she wanted to sleep with Frankie.

Al this just makes me dislike her and actually dread her return, even when I love Missy. There is nothing to look forward, even when Jack does eventually return. (which could very likely be just for few last weeks before the show is canceled as the ratings are getting beyond awfull)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

SlyestFox
Oct 15 2010, 07:59 PM
jane1978

I agree witth both of your posts.

And, to touch on Kenny's point about coming up with a new and fresh way to break them up, not sure what you can do there short of making them act out of character. People may not like what the show is going to do but at least it's in character. Just watch these two in the early 90's. It's consistent. It may be a case of been there, done that but, if it works for the characters, that is the most important thing.

jane1978

^ ^ But isnīt the point of the show to make people watch? What is the exact reason they bring Missy back? To make her once again play a story most people hate and are tired with just because itīs in character? (which I donīt even think is true as I donīt think I would find many J/J fans who would agree with they SlyestFox sees their relationship or Jenniferīs constant fickleness with other men) If I want to watch young inspirational people grow up and turn into jaded, undecissive shrews, or good looking charming men into a deadbeat husbands, I can just watch people around me. Why I should watch it each day on TV.
Edited by jane1978, Oct 15 2010, 09:44 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Well, yes, Jacks a flake but I want him to be a flake ON SCREEN not someone telling me that Jack's a flake off!

That's the same repetitive pattern that this regime has gotten into. It's just plain LAZY!

Why not have Jack stay where he is because of something else? Maybe he's back to the paper and this time its international so thats why he keeps leaving? AT first, Jennifer understood it, but now she tired of it and decides she needs to go help her cousin and doesnt deal with Jack.

Maybe they could have had Jennifer do something bad- i.e. kiss a guy, she gets the investigator's bug and leaves Jack?

As for this Abby- why are they looking for blow up Barbie dolls that you find here on the street? I mean, come on, maybe this is just one actress, but I dont give DAYS any benefits of my doubts and will presume that they'll cast someone who's has that "deer in headlights" look and HEADLIGHTS!

Oh, DAYS....where have you gone?

Mason

Liz<3Days
Oct 15 2010, 09:43 PM
Check under the toilet seat.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Mason
Oct 15 2010, 10:06 PM
Liz<3Days
Judging by the latest ratings, you're going to need to check all the way down the sewer.

Dead last in HH and total viewers--way to go, Days! :cheer:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Mason
Liz<3Days
:laugh: :rockon:

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Paxton
Oct 15 2010, 10:07 PM
Mason
Liz<3Days
Judging by the latest ratings, you're going to need to check all the way down the sewer.

Dead last in HH and total viewers--way to go, Days! :cheer:
Just posted in the Breaking News forum. Yikes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply