Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TVGC Suds Report Oct. 15, 2010
Topic Started: Oct 15 2010, 03:47 PM (3,030 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

http://tvguide.ca/Soaps/Suds/Articles/101015_suds_report_NB.htm
Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Quote:

• Soap Opera Digest is hearing that the role of “Paul” is actually not a new character. Hmmm … I hope it’s Peter Blake (I used to love me some Jason Brooks back in the day … whatever happened to him?) but it’s probably Austin. I do think Susan needs to be back to help out her son, EJ. Emmy winner Martha Byrne could play her since she has experience playing a trashy soap twin since Eileen Davidson is busy with Patch on Y&R.

Good. Maybe it's Eric Brady.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Branco thinks it's Austin? Is he smoking something? I can't see them bringing Austin back, and if they did you'd think they'd reach out to Austin Peck who is unemployed at the moment. It appears that male established actors have a much tougher time than female ones getting work. Look at Terry Columbino and Lindsay Hartley they jumped from one to the other pretty fast. Paul is probably Eric....we all speculated it was a tweak on the Seimus casting call anyway sounds too much like Eric to not be Eric....lol.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Oct 15 2010, 04:05 PM.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

There was speculation in SOD that Thad Luckinbill might be headed to Salem. Not sure if there's any truth to that, but I could see him as Eric Brady.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

LuvingLumi
Oct 15 2010, 04:02 PM
Branco thinks it's Austin? Is he smoking something? I can't see them bringing Austin back, and if they did you'd think they'd reach out to Austin Peck who is unemployed at the moment. It appears that male established actors have a much tougher time than female ones getting work. Look at Terry Columbino and Lindsay Hartley they jumped from one to the other pretty fast. Paul is probably Eric....we all speculated it was a tweak on the Seimus casting call anyway sounds too much like Eric to not be Eric....lol.
I'd only want Austin back if Carrie was with him.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

^^True and that's why I said that Austin is a stretch, Plus AP is available why even go for a re-cast.

Did anyone see this blind item, think it's Days...the again makes me think it's either them or AMC:

Quote:

SOAP OPERA MYSTERY HOUR — This week’s hottest blind item!
—Which soap is experiencing budget and behind-the-scenes drama once again?

Edited by LuvingLumi, Oct 15 2010, 04:30 PM.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Thanks Guza the Luza, I don't want the character of Lisa to stick around, I couldn't care less how much YOU love the character. I want her gone, gone, gone!!!!!!!!! :frustration: :frustration:

If I can't get rid of her permanently can I please get her the hell out of my favorite couples storyline please. Stick her with Sonny and Jason, they deserve her :laugh:

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Oh god at the thought of Austin returning. They might as well bring back Lucas & Brandon too. Have Sami go from Austin to Lucas to Brandon to EJ to Rafe. They could do a STD epidemic storyline.

AlisonLou

LuvingLumi
Oct 15 2010, 04:11 PM
^^True and that's why I said that Austin is a stretch, Plus AP is available why even go for a re-cast.

Did anyone see this blind item, think it's Days...the again makes me think it's either them or AMC:

Quote:

If it's Days then I saw it coming. They have been hiring too many recurring cast members lately. They also hired Ty Treadway and he's been a bit of a waste of a character.
They also brought on those two women for Hope's prison sl.
They wouldn't have come cheap even if they are recurring.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

LuvingLumi

Quote:

I don't think it's Days, I'm thinking more AMC.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

darraholic
Oct 15 2010, 05:24 PM
Oh god at the thought of Austin returning. They might as well bring back Lucas & Brandon too. Have Sami go from Austin to Lucas to Brandon to EJ to Rafe. They could do a STD epidemic storyline.
:laugh: :lol: :roflol:

dc cubs
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Oct 15 2010, 07:57 PM
LuvingLumi

Quote:

My guess for the blind item is Y&R. There was an article in SOD last week about Luckinbill and Ford being let go from the show. The article also stated the cast knows there needs to be more cuts as the show keeps hiring new actors in Maura West, Jeff Branson, Paul Leyden, etc. Plus Goutman is coming in to direct so that could be part of the behind the scenes drama.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Oh, kids — what am I going to with you kooks! LOL! Okay, someone got my blind item right. Good guess/analysis. Also, I was joking — do you really think Austin or Peter would come back. Whenever I guess I go for the outrageous and —surprise — they usually come true, hence my crazy proven track record with Fearless Predix. AND there are TWO casting calls, as I reported for DAYS, PAUL is 35-45 so it's not Eric. The other casting call is Eric which I reported over a month ago (and I was the first one to call out Thad for the part because I broke Thad being fired). And yes, as luck would have it, Thad is on DAYS's radar. Nel

PS... I interviewed Kala Boof today — Holy DAYS drama. And she's not crazy. There were fake Kola's on the Internet. I have a BS detector and she was sane, calm, succinct, and very fearless. Watch out.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I really needed the laughs this thread has brought my way today.... :whee:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

That YR guy would suck for the part of Eric...not hot AT ALL!

HOLY SHIT....Jason and Carly kiss? Oh man...how I used to love and want these two together back in the day when the real Carly was played by Sarah Joy Brown! Now it feels totally weird!

southernexplosion

dc cubs
Oct 15 2010, 08:09 PM
CaseyLovesDays
Oct 15 2010, 07:57 PM
LuvingLumi

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
My guess for the blind item is Y&R. There was an article in SOD last week about Luckinbill and Ford being let go from the show. The article also stated the cast knows there needs to be more cuts as the show keeps hiring new actors in Maura West, Jeff Branson, Paul Leyden, etc. Plus Goutman is coming in to direct so that could be part of the behind the scenes drama.
I also agree that it is Y&R.
Edited by southernexplosion, Oct 15 2010, 09:27 PM.

titan1978
Member Avatar

Ask Kenny about fake Kola. He is the only one with a true Kola detector. It seems only he can bring it out, like Boof voodoo.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Kola is amazing <3 Did you ask about her thoughts on Alison Sweeney & Kristian Alfonso?

Mason

Kola Boof. I guess that's about as close to irrelevant as you can get.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

My real thoughts on the casting call? Because who could it really be? I HOPE IT'S NOT JACK. They have Kayla and Jenn without love interests... and Paul fits the age range. Also, for you Carrie and Austin fans, they brought back Jenn without Jack and Kayla without Patch, so Austin could easily come back w/o Carrie since Will is acting out and Austin raised him for most of his life. Hey, maybe Will and Austin will fall in love.... if Chad isn't jealous. JOKING!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply