Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TVGC Suds Report Oct. 15, 2010
Topic Started: Oct 15 2010, 03:47 PM (3,191 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I wouldn't say Kola is irrelevant.... she worked within the daytime industry and has a lot of insights. And had a lot to share. I was skeptical but I fact checked and she's on the money. My piece about her is more about a black woman writing for soaps since Rowell claims no black writer wrote for Sony so it's a news piece. She was a hit at Sony but Tide and other sponsors threaten to pull out of DAYS because she was Obama's mistress. Such is show business. She is a true soap fan, and as are you guys, so no one's opinion who loves this genre is irrelevant. Or u guys wouldn't be posting here. And I do listen to you guys because I care about the fans. Even if some of you are insane — LOL! Listen, she grew up watching Harding Lemay and Agnes Nixon. I got the real story..... went far back. I think it's pretty good. And insightful. She was very candid... and I believe her. She's a little loopy by her own admission, but most artists are, however, she really cares and loves the genre. And confirmed many things I have heard from other sources. She didn't shock me with anything she said but gave a unique perspective. Listen, every human being has a right for their story to be told. I just hope Obama or the US government wasn't taping our convo! LOL!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Kola touched briefly on Sami and Hope — not Ali or Kristian. THAT may be controversial!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

And BTW — yes, Austin is available but right now DAYS is NOT interested. A shame. I reported that eons ago.

darraholic
Member Avatar

You should read the old Farah Fath turned Random thread turned Kola Boof thread. Kola was posting. Best Thread Ever!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Did she say anything about EJ/James Scott? She said she created the character of EJ, didn't she?

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Do you mean Osama not Obama

lysie
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Oct 15 2010, 10:29 PM
I wouldn't say Kola is irrelevant.... she worked within the daytime industry and has a lot of insights. And had a lot to share. I was skeptical but I fact checked and she's on the money. My piece about her is more about a black woman writing for soaps since Rowell claims no black writer wrote for Sony so it's a news piece. She was a hit at Sony but Tide and other sponsors threaten to pull out of DAYS because she was Obama's mistress. Such is show business. She is a true soap fan, and as are you guys, so no one's opinion who loves this genre is irrelevant. Or u guys wouldn't be posting here. And I do listen to you guys because I care about the fans. Even if some of you are insane — LOL! Listen, she grew up watching Harding Lemay and Agnes Nixon. I got the real story..... went far back. I think it's pretty good. And insightful. She was very candid... and I believe her. She's a little loopy by her own admission, but most artists are, however, she really cares and loves the genre. And confirmed many things I have heard from other sources. She didn't shock me with anything she said but gave a unique perspective. Listen, every human being has a right for their story to be told. I just hope Obama or the US government wasn't taping our convo! LOL!
I hope you got more than that, because we already knew all of this.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

But more importantly....what happened to her recipe for mac and cheese? LOL

I would love to read her take on DAYS stuff, especially how shitty it is now!

darraholic
Member Avatar

JANALH
Oct 15 2010, 10:35 PM
Did she say anything about EJ/James Scott? She said she created the character of EJ, didn't she?
She wanted to blow him.

lysie
Member Avatar

darraholic
Oct 15 2010, 10:37 PM
JANALH
Oct 15 2010, 10:35 PM
She wanted to blow him.
I thought she actually did, lol.

Mason
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Oct 15 2010, 10:32 PM
And BTW — yes, Austin is available but right now DAYS is NOT interested. A shame. I reported that eons ago.
That's good. They don't need any more sub-par actors.

Sariah
Member Avatar

darraholic
Oct 15 2010, 05:24 PM
Oh god at the thought of Austin returning. They might as well bring back Lucas & Brandon too. Have Sami go from Austin to Lucas to Brandon to EJ to Rafe. They could do a STD epidemic storyline.
That could never happen - Sami's glittery hoo-ha is immune to STDs of any kind. Which is unfortunate, because I want them all to come down with something and die at this point.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Of course, I did. I was out of the soap biz when she was on, so I didn't remember her exactly. Though I remember the NY Post story. No, it's more about daytime in general. She does talk about EJ a lot. And do you think I'm going to reveal the dish here? Read the story! LOL! I think it's unfair to attack her for her sexuality because she's a woman. No one asked if James E. Reilly blew his male cast!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Austin turned into a good actor on ATWT. Yes, we're at odds, even though we hung out on the soap cruise this year, but I'm still a fan.

Mason
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Oct 15 2010, 10:46 PM
Austin turned into a good actor on ATWT.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Oct 15 2010, 10:45 PM
Of course, I did. I was out of the soap biz when she was on, so I didn't remember her exactly. Though I remember the NY Post story. No, it's more about daytime in general. She does talk about EJ a lot. And do you think I'm going to reveal the dish here? Read the story! LOL! I think it's unfair to attack her for her sexuality because she's a woman. No one asked if James E. Reilly blew his male cast!
I don't think it's necessarily because he's male.........I think it's because it's just EWWW to think about period. Now JS on the other hand............not so much. :P

Thanks for the info...I'll read!

darraholic
Member Avatar

Some of her storyline ideas for DAYS were just odd.

-Lexie being beaten to a pulp.
-Kristen running around town in a cat suit.

And didn't she have an underground Salem in a submarine? LMAO

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Kola was only writing for four months and I asked her what she wrote... and that wasn't it.... except for Lexie... but she told me how Days rewrote that. K' I'm spilling too much. I hate you bitches! LOL! No more DR tonight. Love you guys!

darraholic
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Oct 15 2010, 10:52 PM
Kola was only writing for four months and I asked her what she wrote... and that wasn't it.... except for Lexie... but she told me how Days rewrote that. K' I'm spilling too much. I hate you bitches! LOL! No more DR tonight. Love you guys!
It wasn't from what she wrote. It is what she planned to write.

Because she wanted to have the N word used.
Edited by darraholic, Oct 15 2010, 10:56 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Only 3 pages....97 to go! LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply