Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for wk of October 18th
Topic Started: Oct 15 2010, 04:26 PM (4,264 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 15 2010, 10:00 PM
michelle
Oct 15 2010, 09:09 PM
JANALH
Oct 15 2010, 08:55 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I secretly love that cheer. :wub:

I've always been openly confused about it.
lysie, We're Calling the Hogs .........makes perfect sense to me. :cheer:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 15 2010, 09:59 PM
JANALH
Oct 15 2010, 09:57 PM
SocRMum1
Oct 15 2010, 09:52 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepPosted Image
I would if I knew the first thing about it. I seriously just found out that the time in a game goes up instead of down.
Oh Jana, Jana, Jana... Posted Image
I know, pathetic isn't it?? :embarrassed:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Real football is American football. Period. Soccer is the sport that saves MLB from being the most boring game ever.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 15 2010, 10:05 PM
Real football is American football. Period. Soccer is the sport that saves MLB from being the most boring game ever.
You sound just like my hubby.. :P

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Paxton
In real futbol the athletes are all fit. And don't wear 'pads'. Or need to stop to think about it at the end of every play.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Oh, I feel the football/futbol fanbase wars kicking off!! :popcorn: :P

Paxton
Member Avatar

I somehow doubt they take the bonecrunching hits that necessitate the pads and helmets. But then, I wouldn't really know because it's too boring to watch. I always think of a Jim Rome comment one day when he was talking about a soccer game: "as exciting as a scoreless game can be!" Seriously, I have never been able to concentrate for more than ten seconds on any soccer game and I watch a lot of sports. I can even focus on MLB, which I consider more of a game than an actual sport, for entire games when I'm watching live or during the playoffs. I can watch tennis matches between two obscure clay-court players I've never heard of. But soccer? No.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Oct 15 2010, 09:35 PM
Can we just stop it with the Football fanbase wars and get back to the EJ v Rafe ones??
(That was a joke....)
I know nothing about college football (only caring slightly about my own alma mater), and I am finding the football discussion far more entertaining than any of the EJ/Sami/Rafe/James sucks, no, Galen sucks, stuff I normally have to wade through.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 15 2010, 10:12 PM
I somehow doubt they take the bonecrunching hits that necessitate the pads and helmets. But then, I wouldn't really know because it's too boring to watch. I always think of a Jim Rome comment one day when he was talking about a soccer game: "as exciting as a scoreless game can be!" Seriously, I have never been able to concentrate for more than ten seconds on any soccer game and I watch a lot of sports. I can even focus on MLB, which I consider more of a game than an actual sport, for entire games when I'm watching live or during the playoffs. I can watch tennis matches between two obscure clay-court players I've never heard of. But soccer? No.
And I'm just the opposite - I love that the momentum changes in soccer at a moment's notice and there is never 'down' time. I can't stand all the stops and starts in football. I have my local college football game on in the background right now and I don't need to actually watch it - I can just look up now and again and get the status. Or listen in and if anything exciting happens I know I'll see the replay...likely a few times.

And on a completely shallow note...soccer players are usually damn pretty. Football players might be, too - but the view is wrecked by the helmets and padding.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Paxton said Jim Rome :wub:

I used to LISTEN to Jim Rome when he was a lonely radio talk show host on the last shift in a San Diego based station...."Up All Night!" Now....ESPN!

I like both Futbol and Football....but MLS is the joke of Futbol. Gotta watch the premiere leagues and CONCACAF....now there's Futbol skillz!

(Waiting for the Maui Invitational!)

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Oct 15 2010, 10:20 PM
Paxton said Jim Rome :wub:

I used to LISTEN to Jim Rome when he was a lonely radio talk show host on the last shift in a San Diego based station...."Up All Night!" Now....ESPN!

I like both Futbol and Football....but MLS is the joke of Futbol. Gotta watch the premiere leagues and CONCACAF....now there's Futbol skillz!

(Waiting for the Maui Invitational!)
I agree that MLS has a long way to go...but since it's as close as we've got here to go and watch at the stadium we're big Columbus Crew fans. I wouldn't want to watch 'em play a European team, though...that's for sure. :shame: But we have a great time at the games...often times the real sport is in the stands. :lol:

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Remember the promo where EJ was asked who did that to him and he said Samantha. But in actuality, that was done at different times.

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 15 2010, 08:34 PM
lysie
Oct 15 2010, 08:15 PM
I have no idea why I'm trying to give Sami any credit, but I wonder if that cold face isn't after a different phone call.
I wondered that, too. Or if that wasn't taken out of context like a lot of the dialogue is in these promos. I can't imagine her just hanging up on Will like that. I think there was more to the phone call that what we saw.
I think there was some editing and there is more to it than what that clip shows. Sami wouldn't just sit there stone cold like that.

I really hate they killed Ari off and for this mess of a story.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

:hijacked: by talk of Days.......BOO!

Paxton
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 15 2010, 10:17 PM
And on a completely shallow note...soccer players are usually damn pretty. Football players might be, too - but the view is wrecked by the helmets and padding.
The guy in my avatar is unmatched as far as I'm concerned for sports hotness and frankly hotness in general. Too bad Mike Singletary still won't bench Alex Smith.

My primary love is the NBA and those guys are on view the most out of any of the American major leagues--shorts, jerseys, no helmets, no caps. You have some guys who aren't in that good shape because they're backup bigs who are there for size and to clog the lane, but most of the guys are in awesome shape.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 15 2010, 10:28 PM
SocRMum1
The guy in my avatar is unmatched as far as I'm concerned for sports hotness and frankly hotness in general. Too bad Mike Singletary still won't bench Alex Smith.

My primary love is the NBA and those guys are on view the most out of any of the American major leagues--shorts, jerseys, no helmets, no caps. You have some guys who aren't in that good shape because they're backup bigs who are there for size and to clog the lane, but most of the guys are in awesome shape.
P.S. Who is that guy? He looks yummy. :wub:

Paxton
Member Avatar

David Carr. I saw a lot of him when he started for the Texans but sadly, his career has not gone well and now he can't even get off the bench in San Francisco with them being 0-5. But I will continue to hope!

ETA: Here's the link instead of the photos--more included and the comments are hilarious too:

http://ladiesdotdotdot.wordpress.com/2007/09/05/hump-day-hottie-david-carr/

Edited by Paxton, Oct 15 2010, 11:05 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

He is easy on the eyes.....

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 15 2010, 10:28 PM
SocRMum1

No doubt about it - the guy in your avatar is very easy on the eyes. My only problem is that unless he's on the sideline with his helmet off, all that purty is basically hidden from view.

Good point about the basketball players...I don't watch much NBA, primarily because we don't have a team anywhere near me and that usually sparks my interest.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Paxton
:thankyou: Paxton!

IMO, these are the only FUN soccer moments.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by Zoe_Zeppelin, Oct 15 2010, 11:54 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply