Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion 10/18-10/22
Topic Started: Oct 16 2010, 09:26 PM (15,458 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Days of Our Lives
Weekly Discussion
Week of October 18
Picture
Posted Image
Clip

Discuss! :smile:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I miss those two so much! :'(

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm currently a puddle on the floor.

I wanted to do a clip of Zack this week, but for some reason it seemed strange to use his death like that. I'm not sure why, but it just felt wrong, lol.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I think the hardest I've ever cried watching this show was during John's funeral in 2007. Big, huge, hiccuping sobs. I remember being so glad I was home alone watching it.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

SocRMum1
Oct 16 2010, 09:47 PM
I think the hardest I've ever cried watching this show was during John's funeral in 2007. Big, huge, hiccuping sobs. I remember being so glad I was home alone watching it.
I cried immensely for both John & Zack's funeral. The writing was there, and the actors did their best. Kristian Alfonso was robbed of that Emmy in 2006.

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
I watched some of it on my lunch break, and then went back to work. Dumbest thing I've ever done.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

CaseyLovesDays
Oct 16 2010, 09:48 PM
SocRMum1
I cried immensely for both John & Zack's funeral. The writing was there, and the actors did their best. Kristian Alfonso was robbed of that Emmy in 2006.
i totally agree! Kristian was robbed of that Emmy! even now, watching the scenes from Zack's death & funeral make me tear up!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I haven't cried as hard as I did when John's dying scenes originally aired. I was a freakin mess and frankly I didn't cry that hard when Alice died recently. Tells you that for all we critized HS, his writing was far better than the mess that Days does now.

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Oct 17 2010, 06:57 AM
I haven't cried as hard as I did when John's dying scenes originally aired. I was a freakin mess and frankly I didn't cry that hard when Alice died recently. Tells you that for all we critized HS, his writing was far better than the mess that Days does now.
Do you think Arianna's death will measure up?
:lol:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

There's a difference between John's death, which came as a result of a sudden, horrifying accident, and Alice's which occurred offscreen, after a few years of not seeing the character at all and knowing full well that she was a very old lady who, when her time came, was not exactly being cut down in the prime of her life. You might have cried a lot more--yes, even with Dena's writing--had Alice died but Frances was still living and had just taped bedside scenes. Frances's unavailability took a lot of the steam out of the typical soap death, so that we were left with a memorial and flashbacks. I don't think they're really comparable in that sense. We were at the hospital with John, learned of the severity of his injuries, watched Marlena and his family suffering--to me it's just very different.

As for Arianna, oh well. I can't stand LH's version of the character and she's been unbearable ever since she entered her "EJ is love" phase, but since I know she will no longer be polluting my screen after next week I can be generous and say I hope the monkeys let her go with some dignity.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

LuvingLumi
I cried during all three deaths. :'(

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
Oct 17 2010, 09:06 AM
LuvingLumi
Do you think Arianna's death will measure up?
:lol:
lol...I was wondering what's taken her so long to get run over by the car. I would have placed her in front of it if I could.... :laugh:

Alligato
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
OMgosh! Me too! It was an entire week of John's funeral and the entire week, I felt so depressed. Deidre and Martha just killed me, not to mention that I floved John. Sometimes I think I still find tissues under my sofa from 2007. :D

That scene kills me too...but that is all Marlena. :'( John Black was Days for me! I haven't felt the same about the show since he and Marlena left. Haven't admitted that before. :'(
Edited by Alligato, Oct 17 2010, 09:25 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 17 2010, 09:24 PM
SocRMum1
OMgosh! Me too! It was an entire week of John's funeral and the entire week, I felt so depressed. Deidre and Martha just killed me, not to mention that I floved John. Sometimes I think I still find tissues under my sofa from 2007. :D

John Black was Days for me! I haven't felt the same about the show since he and Marlena left. Haven't admitted that before. :'(
Admitting it is the first step.

Bitterness is the next.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I always do things bassackwards. I have been bitter since they ran him over then made him paralysed from waist down.

Now, I am feeling all sorts of angry right now for the disrespect those two got upon departure. Trying to swallow it. I mean, Ari-flipping-anna is getting the same kind of death that John Black did the first time!!! WTH!

lysie
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 17 2010, 09:30 PM
I always do things bassackwards. I have been bitter since they ran him over then made him paralysed from waist down.

Now, I am feeling all sorts of angry right now for the disrespect those two got upon departure. Trying to swallow it. I mean, Ari-flipping-anna is getting the same kind of death that John Black did the first time!!! WTH!
Most of the time, I'm over it. But then there are days when I get pissed. Generally, though, if I feel anything about it, it's sadness. Then I get pissed that the stupid show made me sad.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

It was a shit-ass way to send them off.
John's funeral was awesome. In a sense, it was almost anti-climatic to bring him back, although I thought Jawn was pretty cool. Gives me mixed feelings. But a beautiful funeral like that should have just been IT. I, too, thought Kristian was robbed of an Emmy after the Zach storyline. GAW, for both of those I bawled. For John's, Martha clinched it for me and made me go from a Belle disliker to a Belle fan. (Well, her love scenes with Philip, aka JKJ, didn't hurt!)

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

A new addition to the 80s soundtrack youtube channel -- complete with the actual montage it was used in on the show!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Bad editing today...everyone was all over the place.

EJ is wearing his raggedly Sears pink shirt and can't stop fumbling with his head. Are we sure EJ doesn't have an evil twin because he is such a prick. Really laying on the mean guy routine pretty thick.
His entrance to see Sydney kind of scared me. I miss oldSyd. NuSyd reminds me of Nicole. ;)

Did I ever mention how much I hate child custody "get your hands off mah kids" scenes between Sami and EJ. They suck at it and its just a sad story. It's not so much about child safety, but about getting back at each other and that pretty sick.
Can we go a day without watching Sami blow EJ's brains out?
And did I hear right, but was there a semi-Marlena mention today? :wub:

Arianna is stuttering. I think that is all she did for the first half of the show!
I did enjoy Rafe telling Ari like it is about EJ, and loved when he told her to "get out". GG does pissed off really well.
So impressed with the Safe house with its various doors and views, etc. Great job, set team!

Did Ciara of the Corn SORAS herself because she looks so much older than usual. Then Hope commented on it. Hmm...

They talked about the organ donating today. I think I like where this might go. It's different and involves many people. Kind of excited about a prospect of a new storyline!!!!

lysie
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 18 2010, 01:53 PM
Did I ever mention how much I hate child custody "get your hands off mah kids" scenes between Sami and EJ. They suck at it and its just a sad story. It's not so much about child safety, but about getting back at each other and that pretty sick.

And did I hear right, but was there a semi-Marlena mention today? :wub:

Did Ciara of the Corn SORAS herself because she looks so much older than usual. Then Hope commented on it. Hmm...

I hate them, too. With any character. I find custody stories upsetting. I was so stressed out during the PHELLE/SHELLE mess, and I didn't like any of them either.

I had heard a rumor of a semi-Marlena mention. Shocking.

A few months ago, Ciara suddenly looked taller. She must be taking a SORASing pill.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply