Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion 10/18-10/22
Topic Started: Oct 16 2010, 09:26 PM (15,514 Views)
TINA222
Member Avatar

God Sami is the laziest fucking bitch ever. cant get out of bed to see to Sidney. Couldnt want to rip her from her father's arms and pawn her off to grandma. Im sure that is what that phone call was about. Hey Grandma can you watch the kids so I can fuck rafe so some? :puke: :puke:

I am loving the contrast between Neglectful mother who doesnt want to spend any time with them and EJ who misses them soo much. Thanks show. At least you are doing something right! We know who will win in the end. :cheer: :cheer:

The Hope/Ciara scene was sweet. But Ciara's shark eyes creep me out. This is how a real mother is written.

Dr. Walters is creepy. I wouldnt doubt he is killing people to get their organs to sell. Poor Arianna is probably next. Yikes.

Nathan? STFU. You dont even have a personality! You would be lucky to have EJ!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 18 2010, 01:53 PM
Bad editing today...everyone was all over the place.

EJ is wearing his raggedly Sears pink shirt and can't stop fumbling with his head. Are we sure EJ doesn't have an evil twin because he is such a prick. Really laying on the mean guy routine pretty thick.
His entrance to see Sydney kind of scared me. I miss oldSyd. NuSyd reminds me of Nicole. ;)

Did I ever mention how much I hate child custody "get your hands off mah kids" scenes between Sami and EJ. They suck at it and its just a sad story. It's not so much about child safety, but about getting back at each other and that pretty sick.
Can we go a day without watching Sami blow EJ's brains out?
And did I hear right, but was there a semi-Marlena mention today? :wub:

Arianna is stuttering. I think that is all she did for the first half of the show!
I did enjoy Rafe telling Ari like it is about EJ, and loved when he told her to "get out". GG does pissed off really well.
So impressed with the Safe house with its various doors and views, etc. Great job, set team!

Did Ciara of the Corn SORAS herself because she looks so much older than usual. Then Hope commented on it. Hmm...

They talked about the organ donating today. I think I like where this might go. It's different and involves many people. Kind of excited about a prospect of a new storyline!!!!
The scenes with Ciara and Hope really got to me today. They were well played and emotional.

The Sami and Lexie scenes were dumb.

We got to hear more of EJ letting us know that once again, he intends to get back at Sami anyway he can.

Arianna's acting was awful. She looked like a deer in the headlights. Thought her scenes with Rafe were good, tho. GG did a good job today. Glad he told Ari about EJ and what kind of man he is. I guess it's true-- she always go for the bad guys, the criminal types.

I agree, Alligato-- they did a good job with the SAFE house. It looks modern and like they put some thought into the set.

Sami and EJ need to stay away from each other for the sake of the kids.

I think the editing overall is poor. Whoever is doing it either needs lessons or be replaced. Things just don't fit together.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

TINA222
Oct 18 2010, 02:05 PM
God Sami is the laziest fucking bitch ever. cant get out of bed to see to Sidney. Couldnt want to rip her from her father's arms and pawn her off to grandma. Im sure that is what that phone call was about. Hey Grandma can you watch the kids so I can fuck rafe so some? :puke: :puke:

I am loving the contrast between Neglectful mother who doesnt want to spend any time with them and EJ who misses them soo much. Thanks show. At least you are doing something right! We know who will win in the end. :cheer: :cheer:

The Hope/Ciara scene was sweet. But Ciara's shark eyes creep me out. This is how a real mother is written.

Dr. Walters is creepy. I wouldnt doubt he is killing people to get their organs to sell. Poor Arianna is probably next. Yikes.

Nathan? STFU. You dont even have a personality! You would be lucky to have EJ!

I guess I didn't get that impression about Sami today. Rafe let her sleep in and took over the kids. I thought it was a nice gesture on his part, and I didn't see where it made her lazy. It's not like he woke her up and she refused to get up.

Sami has a court order against EJ seeing the kids until they go to Family Court. As much as I hate these battles over kids, EJ knew the order was in place and insisted on snatching Sydney from Lexie anyhow, even tho she warned him. Too bad they didn't take their "you go to hell" shouting match elsewhere, tho, like out of earshot of every doctor, nurse, and patient on the floor.

peaches179

Alligato
Oct 18 2010, 01:53 PM
And did I hear right, but was there a semi-Marlena mention today? :wub:

That was the only part of those scenes I liked. :wub: Sami and EJ have become so tiresome. :sleep:

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I agree with those that think Dr. Walters might be in on an organ donation scheme with the prison. If that's the case than maybe Treadway won't be sticking around long. If the show does have plans to pair him with Jennifer it will be interesting to see what role Dr. Walters will have in this story.

When I first heard about the Sydney recast I thought it was because they wanted Sydney to be more verbal. However, this new child didn't make any kind of noises today. She was just as quiet as the previous actresses. The new Sydney is cute but I do miss the Sinnema twins.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

What's the over/under on weeks until Hope needs an operation of some kind?

dc cubs
Member Avatar

If we are on the right track with an organ donation scheme at the prison, I'm wondering if Carly will get involved in this story. Crystal and Missy have both tweeted how they have been sharing scenes with Peter. Carly could go in undercover as a prison doctor to try and find out what's going on. Lexie couldn't do it because she's the mayor's wife and it would raise too much suspicion. Carly and Hope have a rivalry so the Warden could think that Carly might be out to hurt Hope and not think she's there to dig around for the truth. Why would Carly help out? I'm guessing because Bo and Jennifer ask her to get involved and I don't think she would turn them down.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 17 2010, 09:34 AM
There's a difference between John's death, which came as a result of a sudden, horrifying accident, and Alice's which occurred offscreen, after a few years of not seeing the character at all and knowing full well that she was a very old lady who, when her time came, was not exactly being cut down in the prime of her life. You might have cried a lot more--yes, even with Dena's writing--had Alice died but Frances was still living and had just taped bedside scenes. Frances's unavailability took a lot of the steam out of the typical soap death, so that we were left with a memorial and flashbacks. I don't think they're really comparable in that sense. We were at the hospital with John, learned of the severity of his injuries, watched Marlena and his family suffering--to me it's just very different.

As for Arianna, oh well. I can't stand LH's version of the character and she's been unbearable ever since she entered her "EJ is love" phase, but since I know she will no longer be polluting my screen after next week I can be generous and say I hope the monkeys let her go with some dignity.

:qft:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Remember that November 22 sneak peak that Jason posted? I would guess we are about 4 weeks away from Hope ending up hurt and needed an operation.

Oh and maybe this is the reason why Ty Treadway's character is suppose to be a twin? Maybe the good twin falls for Jennifer while the bad twin has the deal for the organs going and then Jenn ends up somehow in the hospital and the bad doctor tries to kill her for her organs, enter 'good' twin.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Oct 18 2010, 02:58 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Oct 18 2010, 02:53 PM
If we are on the right track with an organ donation scheme at the prison, I'm wondering if Carly will get involved in this story. Crystal and Missy have both tweeted how they have been sharing scenes with Peter. Carly could go in undercover as a prison doctor to try and find out what's going on. Lexie couldn't do it because she's the mayor's wife and it would raise too much suspicion. Carly and Hope have a rivalry so the Warden could think that Carly might be out to hurt Hope and not think she's there to dig around for the truth. Why would Carly help out? I'm guessing because Bo and Jennifer ask her to get involved and I don't think she would turn them down.
Didn't Crystal give an interview not long ago where she said Carly would be helping Bo and Hope? Or am I completely, utterly making that up?

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 18 2010, 03:01 PM
dc cubs
Oct 18 2010, 02:53 PM
Didn't Crystal give an interview not long ago where she said Carly would be helping Bo and Hope? Or am I completely, utterly making that up?
I think it was the Fairman interviews during the 45th Anniversary event. I don't remember the exact wording but I think you are correct that the implication was that Carly would be helping them out somehow.

Paxton
Member Avatar

I found what I was thinking of--it was from the soaps.com interviews from the 45th anniversary event:

Quote:

Concerning her character, Crystal teased, "Everything that happens, the secret she's been keeping with Chloe, all of that comes out with Melanie. So that kind of rips that relationship apart for the time being. She's also going to be helping Bo help Hope."

http://soaps.sheknows.com/coverage/id/113/Days_Of_Our_Lives_45th_Anniversary_Interviews/

I definitely think Carly getting involved would make a lot of sense, and that's probably why they set up Dr. Walters asking her for coffee today and of course Carly also may remember later Dr. Walters talking to that woman about the organ donation (if that's where the story is going). It does seem to fit.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I guess I can say that I am not surprised that safe were hitting the sheets, that must be their daily routine.

Poor Ej he really misses his kids, but I can`t say he did`nt have it coming.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 18 2010, 01:31 PM
A new addition to the 80s soundtrack youtube channel -- complete with the actual montage it was used in on the show!

Very cool, thanks for posting.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

An crime storyline involving organ donations sounds intriguing, as long as they don't use it as plot device or make it too campy. Therefore, they'll use it as as a campy plot device!
Awwwww, Hope and Ciara. So adorable. I think Ciara's out of the corn now.
I miss the Simnema twins, too. I miss shows without Sami, too.

maverick
Member Avatar

Bo needs to take the wedding band off of his finger. It's getting ridiculous at this point. Not buying that it's to cover up PR's tattoo b/c he covered it from 1998-2000 with bandaids and makeup.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

maverick
Oct 18 2010, 05:27 PM
Bo needs to take the wedding band off of his finger. It's getting ridiculous at this point. Not buying that it's to cover up PR's tattoo b/c he covered it from 1998-2000 with bandaids and makeup.
Great point :rockon:

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

hopebo
Oct 18 2010, 03:35 PM
A new addition to the 80s soundtrack youtube channel -- complete with the actual montage it was used in on the show!

They were so young, it's weird. I really do miss the location shoots.
Edited by Casey, Oct 18 2010, 05:37 PM.

maverick
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 18 2010, 02:14 PM

I think the editing overall is poor. Whoever is doing it either needs lessons or be replaced. Things just don't fit together.
while they are looking for replacements for those guys, they need to replace the ones doing the choreography for what little "love" scenes there are. Has anyone noticed that all of the couples are showing their legs/feet in the midst of the "throes of passion". egads!

DAYS used to do romance and even "angry sex" so frigging well, hell they used to write a decent show too!

In the immortal words of RoChris "What da hell?"

Edited by maverick, Oct 18 2010, 06:21 PM.

maverick
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Oct 18 2010, 05:37 PM
hopebo
Oct 18 2010, 03:35 PM

They were so young, it's weird. I really do miss the location shoots.
I miss Bo and Hope, period.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply