Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47...can you help?
Topic Started: Oct 19 2010, 03:54 PM (728 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Hello all. Anyone have a YouTube account? Need a few Days scenes from the pilot episode uploaded, but when I try it seems to take forever. Could any Days fans with a really fast connection help me with uploading a few scenes on their account? Most of the episode is up already from others, I just wanted to get the first 7 minutes up, which seems to be missing. Hope someone can help. Would like to get it up ASAP for the 45th anniversary. Thanks, Jason
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Jason47
Oct 19 2010, 03:54 PM
Hello all. Anyone have a YouTube account? Need a few Days scenes from the pilot episode uploaded, but when I try it seems to take forever. Could any Days fans with a really fast connection help me with uploading a few scenes on their account? Most of the episode is up already from others, I just wanted to get the first 7 minutes up, which seems to be missing. Hope someone can help. Would like to get it up ASAP for the 45th anniversary. Thanks, Jason
I can for sure. I already have most of the pilot uploaded on there under my account, but I believe as someone pointed out that there is a couple of scenes (roughly five mintues) missing from then where we actually see Julie steal, and the opening hug between Tom & Alice.

Jason47
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Oct 19 2010, 04:01 PM
Jason47
I can for sure. I already have most of the pilot uploaded on there under my account, but I believe as someone pointed out that there is a couple of scenes (roughly five mintues) missing from then where we actually see Julie steal, and the opening hug between Tom & Alice.
Oh, good, is the rest of the pilot already on your account? I knew several people had posted the pilot's last 12 minutes 12 seconds, and the theme is up too, so that leaves the first 7 minutes or so to get up. I don't do videos or anything much, but since no one had the first 7 minutes, I was stuck doing it myself. I did them in 1 to 2-minute segments because I thought I'd be stuck uploading them myself, so the first scene is cut into 3 parts, but I did cut it at appropriate points. I don't know if you can put all 3 together, since the Tom & Alice's first scene is 5 minutes 23 seconds. But if not, you can keep it in the 3 parts. And then there's the second act which is around 2 minutes, so in all, it's about 7 minutes 23 seconds. Oh, and there's the 10-second tag at the end, I didn't see if you had posted that too....the "Now stay tuned for The Doctors. " I'll send that too if you need it.

I'll be doing a special video tribute to Days from all the YouTube vids, so you'll be getting a lot of hits directly from my site. I'll be embedding them, so please make sure you make the vids embeddable. I still have to edit the clips down to the correct ones, I have a few seconds to shear off of each one, but I should be able to get them to you today or tomorrow. Could you email me your email address. Mine is the usual....my name plus @aol.com

Thanks so much for helping and for such a quick response!

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Jason47
Oct 19 2010, 04:10 PM
CaseyLovesDays
Jason47
Oh, good, is the rest of the pilot already on your account? I knew several people had posted the pilot's last 12 minutes 12 seconds, and the theme is up too, so that leaves the first 7 minutes or so to get up. I don't do videos or anything much, but since no one had the first 7 minutes, I was stuck doing it myself. I did them in 1 to 2-minute segments because I thought I'd be stuck uploading them myself, so the first scene is cut into 3 parts, but I did cut it at appropriate points. I don't know if you can put all 3 together, since the Tom & Alice's first scene is 5 minutes 23 seconds. But if not, you can keep it in the 3 parts. And then there's the second act which is around 2 minutes, so in all, it's about 7 minutes 23 seconds. Oh, and there's the 10-second tag at the end, I didn't see if you had posted that too....the "Now stay tuned for The Doctors. " I'll send that too if you need it.

I'll be doing a special video tribute to Days from all the YouTube vids, so you'll be getting a lot of hits directly from my site. I'll be embedding them, so please make sure you make the vids embeddable. I still have to edit the clips down to the correct ones, I have a few seconds to shear off of each one, but I should be able to get them to you today or tomorrow. Could you email me your email address. Mine is the usual....my name plus @aol.com

Thanks Jason. I just sent you an email, feel free to email me back whenever you get the chance and when the clips are done. I'm happy to help, and I'm glad you have them because I have never been able to find that part of the pilot.

Jason47
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Oct 19 2010, 04:22 PM
Jason47
Oct 19 2010, 04:10 PM
CaseyLovesDays

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Thanks Jason. I just sent you an email, feel free to email me back whenever you get the chance and when the clips are done. I'm happy to help, and I'm glad you have them because I have never been able to find that part of the pilot.
I have all of November 1965, I think all but 1 episode. But other than the 2 episodes that aired on SoapNet, the rest are all in very poor quality, I guess they were copied from the old B&W kinescopes. Although, with this being the 45th anniversary and the "year" matching up also (for example, Monday November 8, Tuesday November 9, etc...) it would be the perfect year to watch the 15 on the exact dates of their anniversary, so I might do that. I'll email you later with the pilot stuff, trying to get all the vids edited now. Thanks!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply