Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday Ratings: Big Bang Theory #1; 'Project Runway' beats 'The Apprentice'
Topic Started: Oct 23 2010, 02:53 AM (537 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Viewers
CSI 15.0 million
The Mentalist 14.4 million
The Big Bang Theory 13.1 million
MLB NLCS Game 5 11.1 million
Grey's Anatomy 11.0 million
$#*! My Dad Says 10.9 million
Private Practice 7.6 million
The Office 6.8 million
Jersey Shore 6.1 million
30 Rock 5.2 million
Outsourced 5.0 million
Community 4.4 million
The Apprentice 3.6 million
The Vampire Diaries 3.6 million
Project Runway 3.6 million
Nikita 2.8 million viewers

Adults 18-49
The Big Bang Theory 4.1/13
Grey's Anatomy 4.0/11
MLB NLCS Game 5 3.5/10
Private Practice 2.7/8
CSI 3.4/9
The Office 3.4/9
Jersey Shore 3.1/9
$#*! My Dad Says 3.1/9
The Mentalist 2.9/8
Outsourced 2.3/6
30 Rock 2.2/7
Community 1.9/6
The Vampire Diaries 1.7/5
Project Runway 1.4/4
The Apprentice 1.3/4
Nikita 1.0/3
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

OMG, how sad for NBC. A CW show almost has the same demo as their sitcoms, after passing their reality show.

Mason
Member Avatar

Manny
Oct 23 2010, 11:36 AM
OMG, how sad for NBC. A CW show almost has the same demo as their sitcoms, after passing their reality show.
Sad? I think it's hilarious.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

What a shame it is that two of the worst sitcoms on television (Big Bang Theory & ESPECIALLY Shit My Dad Says) is getting better numbers then The Office, 30 Rock and Community.

The NBC sitcoms (less Outsourced) are among the Top 5 best written and most hilarious comedies on TV.

Its a shame their numbers are as low as they are, because they are HILARIOUS!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Mitchapalooza
Oct 27 2010, 04:43 PM
What a shame it is that two of the worst sitcoms on television (Big Bang Theory & ESPECIALLY Shit My Dad Says) is getting better numbers then The Office, 30 Rock and Community.

The NBC sitcoms (less Outsourced) are among the Top 5 best written and most hilarious comedies on TV.

I think 30 Rock sucks, I don't see the "hype" with this show at all. The Office is hit or miss and I won't even try Community.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Mitchapalooza
Oct 27 2010, 04:43 PM

30 Rock has peaked, Community doesn't have the mass appeal like CBS or ABC comedies. The Office is doing fine.

I have never seen the appeal of The Office and it's pretentious dry humour. Maybe because I don't work in an office setting, I'm missing the jokes? :shrug:

And before I get scolded for having a hatred for single cams w/o a laugh track, The Middle and Raising Hope are 2 of my favorite comedies on TV right now

Manny
Member Avatar

I never liked The Office or Community. 30 Rock is very hit and miss with me. But this season has been really bad, IMO.

But give me BBT any day over any of NBC sitcoms. Love BBT!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Manny
Oct 28 2010, 02:17 AM
I never liked The Office or Community. 30 Rock is very hit and miss with me. But this season has been really bad, IMO.

See I disagree about 30 Rock....Season 4 is by far their worst season (and the only season they lost the emmy for)

This season has been a comedic renaissance from Season 4. Each show has just been firing on all cylinders. That joke from the season premier - "Having sex with my sleeping wife" was :OhMy: :laugh: One of the funniest things I have seen.

The only weak show of the 5 that have aired was the live episode two weeks ago, but any of the other 4 easily could win them their 4th emmy for Comedy Series.

I have no doubt it will regain its emmy for Comedy Series this year.

I guess I just love blatantly sarcastic humour, the sheer randomness of the things that occurr on 30 Rock makes it hilarious for me.

Tina Fey and Alec Bladwin are GOLDEN and Jane Krakowski...soo massively underrated, she is just such a funny women...SO funny!

Edited by Mitchapalooza, Oct 28 2010, 06:56 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Last weeks 30 Rock was probably one of my favorites the show has ever done..So funny...Great cameo by Kelsy Grammer

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I tried watching "30 Rock" when I was watching all my programs through Hulu (pre-DVR) and I couldn't make it through one episode. It was just awful and I deleted it. I'd rather watch a marathon of "Yes, Dear" than another episode of "30 Rock".

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

30 Rock, Scrubs, Modern Family, and The Middle are the only comedies I've ever been able to get into without a laugh track. The others all pretty much come off awkward and boring to me. They make me feel stupid because you have moments where something may go over your head or you don't know if something was meant to be funny. It's just weird.

Modern Family and The Middle work because they appeal to the mainstream, much like the CBS comedies. People can relate to the characters, especially people with families. 30 Rock, I think, works on some level too because they actually have alot more laugh at loud moments and their cast is just so good. I think that helps.

Manny
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 28 2010, 06:51 PM
Manny
Oct 28 2010, 02:17 AM

See I disagree about 30 Rock....Season 4 is by far their worst season (and the only season they lost the emmy for)

This season has been a comedic renaissance from Season 4. Each show has just been firing on all cylinders. That joke from the season premier - "Having sex with my sleeping wife" was :OhMy: :laugh: One of the funniest things I have seen.

The only weak show of the 5 that have aired was the live episode two weeks ago, but any of the other 4 easily could win them their 4th emmy for Comedy Series.

I have no doubt it will regain its emmy for Comedy Series this year.

I guess I just love blatantly sarcastic humour, the sheer randomness of the things that occurr on 30 Rock makes it hilarious for me.

Tina Fey and Alec Bladwin are GOLDEN and Jane Krakowski...soo massively underrated, she is just such a funny women...SO funny!

I agree with you about Jane Krakowski. I LOVE her. I loved her way back in Ally McBeal and I love her in 30 Rock. She can make me laugh. But this season 30 Rock in general is just not funny to me. Now that you mention it, I didn't find it funny last season either.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply