Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Emmerdale' star teases Debbie return
Topic Started: Oct 27 2010, 11:16 PM (775 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Emmerdale star Emma Atkins has revealed that her screen daughter Debbie Dingle will be a changed girl when she returns to the village later this year.

The actress, who plays Charity Tate on the ITV1 show, told Holy Soap that there will be a hint of "mystery" surrounding the character in her comeback scenes.

In March, viewers saw Debbie leave the village for a new life in Jersey after the constant rows between her parents became too much to handle. However, her portrayer Charley Webb recently returned to the role following a period of maternity leave.

Speaking of Debbie's reappearance, Atkins explained: "She's a lot more sophisticated when she returns, a lot more subtle. I think Charity and Cain are a bit surprised, thinking 'Who's this new girl that's walked in the door? Why have you come back? What are you here for?' There's a bit of mystery and intrigue there."

Asked what could be behind the mystery, she replied: "I have absolutely no idea what it is, but I can sense it from the way she's playing it. I think we're in for a good year."

Webb welcomed the arrival of her first child Buster in April. Buster's father is the actress's boyfriend and co-star Matthew Wolfenden (David Metcalfe).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

"Debbie Dingle" ... seriously?!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Oct 27 2010, 11:18 PM
"Debbie Dingle" ... seriously?!
What's your issue, now? Debbie is one of the best characters on this show.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

That name is the stupidest I've ever heard.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Oct 28 2010, 12:00 AM
Oh please. There's been so much worse names invented in soap. Debbie Dingle isn't bad in the slightest.
Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Drew
Oct 28 2010, 12:00 AM
The last guy to laugh at her name was shot by his wife and buried in the woods! :drunk:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply