Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion 11/1-11/5
Topic Started: Oct 30 2010, 02:57 PM (11,124 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Oct 31 2010, 10:12 PM
Liz<3Days

These pics look awesome! I love coffee table books, so I may pick this one up!

You should, I previewed it on Amazon and they had some really old classic 80's pics. I only spotted one small picture of Melanie.

Don't get too excited about that. The full preview looked like mostly behind the scenes from around the time of Alice's funeral and a collection of pictures we've all seen before.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

maverick
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 31 2010, 09:41 PM
Liz<3Days
Oct 31 2010, 09:40 PM
Mine shipped today!
On a Sunday? That's good service.

lysie
Member Avatar

maverick
Oct 31 2010, 10:17 PM
lysie
Oct 31 2010, 09:41 PM
Liz<3Days
Oct 31 2010, 09:40 PM
Mine shipped today!
On a Sunday? That's good service.
I know. I thought that was strange, but I got the notification while I was at church, lol. :shrug:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Oct 31 2010, 10:12 PM
Liz<3Days

You should, I previewed it on Amazon and they had some really old classic 80's pics. I only spotted one small picture of Melanie.

I dont really care about Pippi, but those 80s and 90s pics should be cool!

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Posted Image

lysie
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Oct 31 2010, 10:22 PM
Nice eyeliner.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Chill. with eyeliner. :wub:

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I guess Molly Burnett went trick- or - treating as Harry Potter.. LMAO.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I actually think Chad & Will could make a really good couple. I'd be much more interested in them than another useless romance with Gabi.

~bl~
Member Avatar

What are the names of the books and when are they released? Yes I am ignorant, I know for the anniversary, but nothing more. Appreciate the old school photo at the front of the thread.

I like the idea of Chad and Will over either with Gabi. That has been such a non-starter.

lysie
Member Avatar

~bl~
Oct 31 2010, 10:30 PM
What are the names of the books and when are they released? Yes I am ignorant, I know for the anniversary, but nothing more. Appreciate the old school photo at the front of the thread.

I like the idea of Chad and Will over either with Gabi. That has been such a non-starter.
You mean the novels?

The first one is A Secret in Salem. It's being released either tomorrow or the 9th. I got confused about that. I've already read it, though, because I'm pathetic.

There's also A Scandal in Salem and A Stirring in Salem. They'll be out in a few months.

And they don't take place in Salem...

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Is the first one for John & Marlena?

lysie
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Oct 31 2010, 10:34 PM
Yeah. It's weird...they're not, like, the focus or anything. It's them, SHELLE, Abby, Chelsea, and the new characters. Jack and Jennifer do make a couple of appearances, but they're very brief. Shane comes in near the end (at least I think it's the end).
Edited by lysie, Oct 31 2010, 10:36 PM.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

lysie
Oct 31 2010, 10:35 PM
CaseyLovesDays
Yeah. It's weird...they're not, like, the focus or anything. It's them, SHELLE, Abby, Chelsea, and the new characters. Jack and Jennifer do make a couple of appearances, but they're very brief. Shane comes in near the end (at least I think it's the end).
That's weird. I figured they would be the leads with other characters playing supporting roles. Oh well, either way I'll buy it.

lysie
Member Avatar

CaseyLovesDays
Oct 31 2010, 10:37 PM
lysie
Oct 31 2010, 10:35 PM
CaseyLovesDays
That's weird. I figured they would be the leads with other characters playing supporting roles. Oh well, either way I'll buy it.
I think the only "lead" is the new female character.

Kriss4

lysie
Oct 31 2010, 10:33 PM
~bl~

You mean the novels?

The first one is A Secret in Salem. It's being released either tomorrow or the 9th. I got confused about that. I've already read it, though, because I'm pathetic.

There's also A Scandal in Salem and A Stirring in Salem. They'll be out in a few months.

Was it good? Please say it's good. I ordered the first two from amazon.com. I think it's November 9th that the first one's released.

I figured I'd see what John and Marlena are up to, and Steve and Kayla too.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Oct 31 2010, 11:05 PM
lysie
Oct 31 2010, 10:33 PM
~bl~

You mean the novels?

Was it good? Please say it's good. I ordered the first two from amazon.com. I think it's November 9th that the first one's released.

I figured I'd see what John and Marlena are up to, and Steve and Kayla too.

Well...it's not bad. It's kind of weird. I'm wondering if reading it in actual book form will make a difference, because it read like fanfiction to me. Of course, I've been referring to it as fanfiction since we heard it was coming out, so maybe I jaded myself. Regardless, I'll be getting and reading all of them.

GirlyGirl
Member Avatar

Okay this is off topic but it is way too funny not to share. *Disclaimer* I am bedridden with the flu at the moment and may or may not be under the influence of Nyquil so I may have found it a little funnier than normal. :drunk: :laugh: :hypnotize: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z7E3eoksn4

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

GirlyGirl
Nov 1 2010, 10:05 AM
Okay this is off topic but it is way too funny not to share. *Disclaimer* I am bedridden with the flu at the moment and may or may not be under the influence of Nyquil so I may have found it a little funnier than normal. :drunk: :laugh: :hypnotize: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z7E3eoksn4
Melanie as Mr. BILL! :laugh: :lol: :roflol:

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Oh I love Doug and Julie. They were my first soap couple! Always loved Doug singing to Julie and them dancing together. Doug the con man and Julie the bad seed were an exciting couple.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply