Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Insider: Alison Sweeney Contract News
Topic Started: Nov 11 2010, 05:43 PM (6,765 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

This is from the SOD Insider email for magazine subscribers. It is probably in the print issue as well but I don't have it yet as there is no mail today.

Quote:

Can you imagine DAYS without Sami? Insiders say 17-year vet Alison Sweeney hasn't come to terms with the show on a new contract, and given her duties on the prime time hit BIGGEST LOSER, it's possible she'll make the break. Sweeney has made no secret of her affection for and appreciation of DAYS, but with two jobs, she won't be at a loss for work if she exits Salem.

Before anyone gets too excited, I'll be very surprised if Sweeney does leave the show. I can see her taking a reduced work load on Days but not cutting ties completely.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I can imagine DAYS without Sami....and it's a much, much better show.

six
Member Avatar

There's no way she'll leave, but if she decides to cut back for awhile, that would be great. No offense to her, but it'd be nice to have a chance to miss her character.

Deleted User
Deleted User

If she exits, I will become religious. LoL
Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

This doesn't mean much, but to be honest I knew she would leave eventually. She's doing well with The Biggest Loser, and could probably do other stuff in Primetime. Although, I would be surprised too.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Corday said in one of the interviews he did last weekend that she resigned. I heard this was in the actual magazine too and I think SOD just jumped the gun.

LovingDays

we all know that ali is not going anywhere

darraholic
Member Avatar

Dear Soap Gods, MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Hell, I'd even take her just reducing her workload. So tired of Sami dominating the show.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

She still knows this is home for her, and we just recently resigned with her.

This is from Sunday's interview.

LovingDays

Casey
Nov 11 2010, 05:52 PM

loll resigned means she's staying

six
Member Avatar

I know you all mean re-signed, but way to give some people false hope. :lol:

Edited by six, Nov 11 2010, 05:56 PM.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

LovingDays
Nov 11 2010, 05:54 PM
Casey
Nov 11 2010, 05:52 PM

loll resigned means she's staying
I know..

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

six
Nov 11 2010, 05:55 PM
I know you all mean re-signed, but way to give some people false hope. :lol:

I didn't change it, that's how is was written in the actual interview.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I know that the deal is done, but i think it would be nice to miss the character of Sami. She's been on constantly for most of my life(I'm 23) without a break, so it would be nice to see the show without the character for even a few months. It would give them a chance to focus on some other characters for once and give the fans a nice break.

Deleted User
Deleted User

OhMyMadeleine
Nov 11 2010, 06:02 PM
I know that the deal is done, but i think it would be nice to miss the character of Sami. She's been on constantly for most of my life(I'm 23) without a break, so it would be nice to see the show without the character for even a few months. It would give them a chance to focus on some other characters for once and give the fans a nice break.
Other characters would only equal to more Melanie, unfortunately.
Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

OhMyMadeleine
Nov 11 2010, 06:02 PM
Yep, I agree. Sami just needs a little break for awhile, and when she comes back I'd like to see her much more dependent on herself and not on others. We could see her get a job to take care of her kids, etc.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Whatever the end result, I'll just sit here amused that either SOD or Corday has major egg on their face right now.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes her to provide some clarification via twitter.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Hasn't she said many times in the past that she will never leave Days?

If she hasn't re-signed yet, it's probably because she wants to scare the show into giving her a better deal. In the end, she'll stay regardless.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Amello
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8446953&t=8399145
If she exits, I will become religious. LoL

darraholic
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8446960&t=8399145
Dear Soap Gods, MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Hell, I'd even take her just reducing her workload. So tired of Sami dominating the show.

:hail: I feel exactly the same.

BTW - Darraholic I absolutely LOVE your Helen Mirren avatar! :wub:

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Mason
Nov 11 2010, 05:47 PM
I can imagine DAYS without Sami....and it's a much, much better show.
There is not one exit that would make me as happy as AS's.

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply