Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ER
Topic Started: Nov 15 2010, 12:11 AM (2,309 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Discuss one of primetime's all time best medical dramas!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

LOVED ER,Carol and Ross were my fave couple.

lysie
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Mar 13 2011, 08:36 PM
LOVED ER,Carol and Ross were my fave couple.
Me too!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

No love for Carol and Luka? :lol:

lysie
Member Avatar

ER used to have some of the greatest "twists" or just big dramatic moments. One of my favorite moments was when they were paging Gant to come to the ER, and the pager went off on the John Doe that was hit by the el, and they realized it was him. Something made me think of that scene earlier today.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

That was definitely a great moment.

lysie
Member Avatar

I just saw Lily the nurse in a Subway commercial.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

It wasn't a great moment or twist but I about died when Romano got squished by the helicopter. The aftermath was kinda funny too. I missed the character for quite awhile afterwards though .

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Yes, I loved Weaver and the Robert Romano Gay and Lesbian Center. :lol:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

So glad to see people discussing ER!

I loved the twists too. I always loved how there was often a twinge of irony often too. For instance, Romano got his arm caught off by a helicopter. Naturally, he has a fear of helicopters. A year later, he tries to face that fear and, shortly after, gets squashed by a helicopter. Also, the aftermath was ironic too with what Kerry did and how people reacted to his death. No one but Corday and maybe Kerry (VERY slightly) cared.

I actually found myself enjoying the last few seasons more than the early ones. I don't know why. The only years I felt were rough were seasons 9-11. I felt like after AE left, the show just struggled to find it's footing and couldn't decide what to do with itself. Not only that but they overdid it on the Africa stuff and I just felt like NW stunk as a lead. Part of it was the crappy Carter/Abby stuff, which they pretty much had to destroy Luka to set up. The show just was so depressing. Plus, you still had some characters meandering that were left over from the AE led group (Corday, Weaver, etc). I felt like once those characters finally were gone, the show found itself and became compelling drama. It re-focused on the ER again. It stopped trying to replace Mark Greene. It had a renewed energy. They found an emotional core in the Luka/Abby pairing, realizing they should've never abandoned that pairing to begin with. Abby became the heart and soul of the show after years of forcing her on people so it was smart to go back to that. Characters like Neela and Morris grew and developed. The only character they totally botched IMO was Pratt. They were all over the place with him right up until his death. What a waste because MP was awesome.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Ugh. I know we'll never agree on this, but I'm throwing it out there anyway. :lol:

Abby SUCKED! For me season 15 was so great because that miserable raincloud of doom, that emotional vortex of suck, that bottomless pit of need, etc, was finally gone. She was the biggest thing that turned me off the later seasons of the show (11-14) when her and Luka became the focus.

And I loved seasons 9/10. Susan Lewis FTW!
Edited by Drew, Mar 15 2011, 12:19 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Lol. I liked Abby, but I pretty much stopped watching after season 10. My favorites seasons are the first fourish, though.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think you would've liked seasons 12-15, Lysie, especially if you liked Abby.

I thought seasons 12 and 13 had a vibe similar to the first few seasons. 14 was hindered by the strike. 15 was just brilliant because of the way they tied everything up.

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Mar 15 2011, 01:53 PM
I think you would've liked seasons 12-15, Lysie, especially if you liked Abby.

I thought seasons 12 and 13 had a vibe similar to the first few seasons. 14 was hindered by the strike. 15 was just brilliant because of the way they tied everything up.
I've heard this before. Maybe I need to invest in some DVDs. I did see the end of 15. My favorites were always Doug and Carol but I've realized recently that a lot of my favorite moments involved Benton.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

ER was must see TV during the early years. I loved Mark Greene! He was the heart of that ER. I know George Clooney got all the press, but AE made ER for me! Oh, how sad that he died. After that, ER lost its heart and tried to get it back by giving it to Noah Wylie's character, but IMO, it never succeeded. I didnt watch for many seasons until catching a few episodes with John Stamos and I think they were good. I also saw the last show where Mark's daughter came for the interview as a new intern- that was a good twist.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

The death of Mark Greene still ranks as one of my all time saddest tv moments.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Lucy and Dr Carters stabbing was a pretty good episode.

olivia
Member Avatar

Well, I like this show, but mine most favorite medical drama is Doctor who...
What do you think about it.

tylerbo20

I loved this show started with the first episode way back in the 90s lol all the way 15 years later..favourite character was Susan Lewis and Mark Green and then followed by Kerry Weaver...i didnt like Luka at all...didnt like how he went between abby and Sam...was happy with the ending however I would have liked Deb to show up. and it was pretty cool what Clooney and Juliana did.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

ER had many jaw dropping, heartbreaking, beautiful moments. -_-

Carter and Lucy's stabbing was AMAZING. Sad that Lucy died, but such great episodes.

Loved this scene;

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply