Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ER
Topic Started: Nov 15 2010, 12:11 AM (2,419 Views)
DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

LOVED LOVED LOVED ER!!

I own the first 8 yrs on DVD & they were my favorite yrs of the show bc i skipped the rest. Ever since George Clooney was on the show, I had a man crush & still do bc he's my #1 favorite actor of all time. I LOVED Cross too :cloud9:

Favorite eppys or storylines:

Season 2 where Ross saved a boy trapped in a tunnel during a downpour & the procedure was broadcast live on the news.

George Clooney's Exit s/l in Season 5 where he assists a mother in "killing" her terminally ill son w/ a PCH machine. Very good S/L.

Lucy & Carter's stabbing was an unbelievable episode. David Krumholtz as Paul & Liza Weil of Gilmore Girls fame were fabulous also. This also led Carter's pill addiction which was a terrific S/L also bc of Noah Wyle.

MUST SEE TV for me back then & still is w/ the DVDs. :popcorn: :popcorn:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jen
Member Avatar

Another awesome show that I got a few years ago on DVD, since I didnīt have the channel when I was growing up. Iīm a big fan of Abby Lockhart, Kim Legaspi, Neela Rasgotra, Kerry Weaver and Sam Taggart

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I wish reruns were on.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

I'm currently re-watching S8. Love ER and the character of Mark. He's my favorite. I just know I'll be a sobbing mess when he dies :(

Mark
Elizabeth
Kerry
Randi
Susan
Carol
Carter S1-S8
The Nurses

^^ Those people are what made ER so darn special and outstanding- atleast to me :D - Especially Mark!
Edited by Oak Alley, Oct 3 2013, 08:18 AM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I sobbed when Mark died.

I cried when George Clooney left too.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Oct 4 2013, 04:03 PM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Drew
Mar 15 2011, 12:17 PM
Ugh. I know we'll never agree on this, but I'm throwing it out there anyway. :lol:

Abby SUCKED! For me season 15 was so great because that miserable raincloud of doom, that emotional vortex of suck, that bottomless pit of need, etc, was finally gone. She was the biggest thing that turned me off the later seasons of the show (11-14) when her and Luka became the focus.

And I loved seasons 9/10. Susan Lewis FTW!
I totally agree. I could never imagine people liking her.

Also, I hated Romano, though it was kind of cruel to have him killed off like that, he basically was made into a laughing stock. But he was such a bastard I still wanted him gone, lol.

I also never really cared about Carol and Doug or Doug in general, or George Clooney in general either. I did like Carol though, I found her very natural and JM played her with the same lovely vulnerability than she does Alicia.

And yes, my all-time favorite character *ever* was definitely Susan Lewis. I was also very happy when they brought her back but then I quickly realized they wouldn't be making her the lead that she should have and had earned to be. I didn't like Abby being a lead at all, and especially not over Susan who was the most central female in the premier of the show.

And LOVED Gloria Reuben's Jeanie - she was my absolutely second favorite character ever.

My definitely favorite seasons were the first ones, from 1 to 5.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

And the last season, 15, was great too, especially because of Abby and Luka being gone.

Oh, and I hated Luka too, he always just came off as slimy and off putting, ugh.

darraholic
Member Avatar

lene
Jun 10 2011, 10:52 AM
ER had many jaw dropping, heartbreaking, beautiful moments. -_-

Carter and Lucy's stabbing was AMAZING. Sad that Lucy died, but such great episodes.

Loved this scene;
Lucy & Carter's stabbing is one of the greatest cliffhangers. The creepy music that went with it as well :(

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Yoryla
Jul 10 2014, 02:55 PM
I totally agree. I could never imagine people liking her.

Also, I hated Romano, though it was kind of cruel to have him killed off like that, he basically was made into a laughing stock. But he was such a bastard I still wanted him gone, lol.

I also never really cared about Carol and Doug or Doug in general, or George Clooney in general either. I did like Carol though, I found her very natural and JM played her with the same lovely vulnerability than she does Alicia.

And yes, my all-time favorite character *ever* was definitely Susan Lewis. I was also very happy when they brought her back but then I quickly realized they wouldn't be making her the lead that she should have and had earned to be. I didn't like Abby being a lead at all, and especially not over Susan who was the most central female in the premier of the show.

And LOVED Gloria Reuben's Jeanie - she was my absolutely second favorite character ever.

My definitely favorite seasons were the first ones, from 1 to 5.
I loved that little bastard Romano. Especially when they'd throw the unexpected moments of humanity like him signing to Reece behind Benton's back.

It's funny how they kept trying to redo Doug and Carol with Abby/Luca and Sam/Tony. Abby and Luca definitely had their moments but the point they were propped up by the time they left was annoying to watch. I blame my complete dislike on everything Season 14 on them.

Susan is definitely my favourite character ever as well. It's a real shame they didn't give her the material she was due, it probably would have saved those final years if she'd been there to anchor the next generation characters and revolving door ones from the last 3 years. I don't blame her for her abrupt exit.

TTJessATWT
Member Avatar
Mother & Daughter

Drew
Mar 15 2011, 12:17 PM
Ugh. I know we'll never agree on this, but I'm throwing it out there anyway. :lol:

Abby SUCKED! For me season 15 was so great because that miserable raincloud of doom, that emotional vortex of suck, that bottomless pit of need, etc, was finally gone. She was the biggest thing that turned me off the later seasons of the show (11-14) when her and Luka became the focus.

This totally agree with! I hated Abby....I loved the early years (1-8) and season 15 best..I'm so glad that I have the DVDs. I loved ER because no matter what they had couples for everyone and even if you didn't agree with what someone shipped or their favorite SL's or even character they still respected your decisions/opinions. ER was just so special all around. I miss it.

Yoryla
Jul 10 2014, 02:55 PM

I loved Jeanie as well! I loved Susan in the earlier years (1-3) I always thought she & Mark belonged together more than Elizabeth & Mark.
Edited by TTJessATWT, Aug 16 2014, 12:49 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply