Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW Carly Risks Her Life to Save Melanie - Plus MB Talks Triangle; December 7, 2010 Issue
Topic Started: Nov 27 2010, 04:53 PM (2,725 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

Carly Risks Her Life to Save Melanie

Carly decides to play hero for Melanie this week by injecting herself with the deadly Loma Virus and the untested antidote.

"Carly comes into the room where Melanie and Nathan are quarantined, and impulsively injects herself," says Molly Burnett (Melanie). "At this point, Melanie's so out of it, but she hears Daniel and Carly talking. She knows Carly has done this for her. Melanie is starting to realize what it means to have somebody in your life who unconditionally loves you," notes Burnett. "She's never had that before. To see her mom risk her life to save her is amazing."

Burnett's thrilled that the dynamic is changing between the contentious mother and daughter. "I adore Crystal (Chappell, Carly)," she beams. "Every time we work together, the scenes get stronger, because there's such a rapport between us in the real world. I look up to her so much. When we're acting, it's not even so much acting anymore. It's just understanding the emotions and being there."

Back in the soap world, it's touch and go after Daniel gives Carly the antidote. "Melanie thinks she's going to lose her mom, and she's devastated. She tells Carly she loves her and she doesn't want to lose her," recounts Burnett, describing the scenes as "very real. Crystal brings something out in me."

The support Melanie gets from Nathan intensifies things. "He puts his arm around her," notes Burnett. "It's very innocent, which makes it sweeter."

Of course, all three pull through after Daniel injects them with the cure. But healing Melanie's relationships is a little trickier. "Melanie and Carly are kind of on the same team now," smiles Burnett. Melanie and Nathan? Not so much. "Even though they admitted how they feel, they're kind of playing it off like they said it because they thought they were going to die," explains Burnett. "They do have feelings for each other, but they're blowing them off a little bit. They can't be together just yet. There are a few more obstacles in their way."

This is a sidebar to the story where Burnett talks about Melanie's Men.

If Molly Burnett has her way, she'll stay stuck between Phillip and Nathan for years. "I love working with Jay (Kenneth Johnson, Phillip) and Mark (Hapka, Nathan), going back and forth!" she enthuses. "I've been saying from the beginning that I'm able to be two completely different people with these boys. With Phillip, Melanie is more dangerous. She's more the old Melanie, laughing and being diabolical. With Nathan, she's sweeter, a little more innocent, and trying to be a better person. Playing both sides is great."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Dear Santa, PLEASE don't let Molly Burnett get her way!

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Dear Santa... end this story QUICK!

OliveAnn

Jay's 30-something, isn't he? Hardly a boy.

And... is MB talking about the same Melanie we're all watching? She's hardly diabolical with Philip.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

OliveAnn
Nov 27 2010, 05:02 PM

And... is MB talking about the same Melanie we're all watching? She's hardly diabolical with Philip.
Something about barely 21 year old Molly calling Jay a boy is rather........demeaning? She probably didn't mean anything by it, but you're right...it reads wrong. Philip is a guy who has already been married, fathered two kids, been off to war twice, chased his ex-wife halfway around the world, lost a leg and a face, and helped run a big conglomerate. Days writers, what is WRONG with this picture about marrying him off to a little girl?

supermanfan85
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Nov 27 2010, 04:57 PM
EXACTLY! I want MATE ;)

Also... love what Carly does... she deserves that Flawed Heroine title from the MF polls...

maverick
Member Avatar

Dear Santa, please have the Disney channel come calling for MB in the new year.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Melanie needs to pick either Philip, or Nathan. There's no going back and forth.

libra67

All I want for Christmas is for MB not to get what she wants.

If this is a triangle that is going to go on for years can we have a new love interest for Steph. One that actually wants her and loves her. Then I can just FF this crap.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

If there is one thing this writing team has proven is that it can't write for solid couples. Except for Abe/Lexie and Stefano/Kate who are splitting soon every other couple on show has conflict. That's also why Jennifer is returning without Jack. This writing team can't write for happy couples so i can see this triangle/quad going on for a long time.
Edited by dc cubs, Nov 28 2010, 10:43 AM.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
:lol: :lol: :roflol: :roflol:

Daytime
Member Avatar

Is it just me or is she copying Alison Sweeney inteveiws, when she is dicussing Philip and Nathan... Its that same crap Alison spouts off when she is talking about EJ and Rafe... lol

cici03

ladyofthelake

Really. How selfish of her. Please do not let this character bore us any longer. She is just horrible.

cici03

libra67
Nov 27 2010, 07:03 PM
All I want for Christmas is for MB not to get what she wants.

If this is a triangle that is going to go on for years can we have a new love interest for Steph. One that actually wants her and loves her. Then I can just FF this crap.

Right on. ITA.

lastDays
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Nov 27 2010, 05:02 PM

Thats what I was wondering . Maybe she is reffering to Melanie when she finds out about Chloe and phillip.Otherwise,the girl must be imagining things

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

Thanks. I want Melanie with Nathan not Philip because I miss Philip with Stephanie

Sariah
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
I'm adding my request that Santa also ignore anything MB has to say about what she wants. I do NOT want to see Philip as the loser in yet another triangle, particularly over a character like freaking Melanie!!

Mason
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Nov 27 2010, 04:53 PM
"I've been saying from the beginning that I'm able to be two completely different people with these boys. With Phillip, Melanie is more dangerous. She's more the old Melanie, laughing and being diabolical. With Nathan, she's sweeter, a little more innocent, and trying to be a better person. Playing both sides is great."
Huh, I haven't seen that at all. With both men, she seems to be a grating twit with the mentality of a six year old.
Edited by Mason, Nov 28 2010, 12:39 AM.

OliveAnn

Mason
Nov 28 2010, 12:20 AM
dc cubs
Nov 27 2010, 04:53 PM
"I've been saying from the beginning that I'm able to be two completely different people with these boys. With Phillip, Melanie is more dangerous. She's more the old Melanie, laughing and being diabolical. With Nathan, she's sweeter, a little more innocent, and trying to be a better person. Playing both sides is great."
Huh, I haven't seen that at all. With both men, she seems to be a grating twit with the mentality of a six year old.
You know what my problem with MB's interviews in general is? She seems to lack great knowledge of her character. I still remember when she did those two interviews in the same week in which she called her character both "mature" and "young and stupid". It's almost as if she doesn't think what her character is really like; she describes her as it suits her or describes what she'd like her character to be. That's why I don't quite believe her character's gonna be a bad girl again. She announced that over her Twitter billion times and it never happened.

Another problem is her obvious bias. For the past year, Corday has emphasized in every interview that MATE is endgame. Yet, her interviews make it seem Phelanie is endgame. Yes, other actors do show preferances, too, but the way she shows it is unprofessional and to a degree distasteful.

maverick
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Nov 27 2010, 07:06 PM
If there is one thing this writing team has proven is that it can't write for solid couples. Except for Stefano/Kate and Abe/Lexie who are splitting soon every other couple on show has conflict. That's also why Jennifer is returning without Jack. This writing team can't write for happy couples so i can see this triangle/quad going on for a long time.
There is nothing wrong with conflict if it's character driven and not some plot drivel... as for the "happy" ones, I am not buying that they are happy. I've heard that DH wrote most everyone happy in her first run and here it is a complete 180. Personally I think the GT is having a bigger say then anyone else behind the scenes on the stories/direction of this show. DH has her issues, regardless, but I do think she is limited in what she can do. The mood of the show seemed to take a colder feel when he took over in late 2008. All this show knows how to do right now is triangles. JMO.
Edited by maverick, Nov 28 2010, 04:22 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply