Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Abby is back! (recast)
Topic Started: Dec 1 2010, 03:59 PM (9,021 Views)
Ellie

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking

DAYS Recasts Abby
Daytime newcomer Kate Mansi has been cast as Jack and Jennifer's daughter; she will begin airing in mid-February. The role was last played from 2004-07 by Ashley Benson, who now appears as Hanna on the ABC Family hit PRETTY LITTLE LIARS.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Newcomers make me nervous!

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

It's about time they found their Abby. I hope she does well. Looks wise I can't see her being J&J's kid, but maybe I need to see more of her. Ashley Benson sometimes posts on twitter right after Missy's real daughter does and I get so confused, haha.

six
Member Avatar

She doesn't look anything like her on screen relatives. Hopefully she'll be a good recast.

Thanks.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Is this one of the girls we saw in those audition tapes? Is it my imagination but doesn't she look like Gabby?
Edited by LuvingLumi, Dec 1 2010, 04:11 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Hmm... she doesn't look like Jack or Jennifer. She definitely looks bratty though.

Let's hope this girl knows how to act. It certainly took them long enough to find her.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Do we know what age bracket they're putting Abby in? Will she be Chad/Will/Gabi's age, or still the same age as Stephanie?

LiZa
Member Avatar

She looks like Gabi! Isn't she suppose to be 24? So she would be with Stephanie's gang?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think she will definitely be in the Will/Gabi/Chad range. They need another girl there. Back in June, the show had a casting call out for two new teen girls and they seem to drop that around the time Missy was announced as returning so I'm guessing recasting Abby and Gabi is what they went with instead of bringing on two new teens.

Anyway, this girl may end up going blonde so her look may change yet. She\'s pretty and the show did take their time with this. The show has had better luck with newcomers in recent years than actual experienced actors so I have confidence that this will work out. Even if it doesn't, we've seen in the past that Days doesn't wait very long with young actors if they feel they need to be recasted so, if they feel this actress isn't doing well, they will take action.

This actress looks like she would look good opposite Casey Deidrick and I do think that may be where they are going...with a Chad/Abby pairing.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 1 2010, 04:23 PM
The show has had better luck with newcomers in recent years than actual experienced actors...
Who are you thinking of in that category? imo, they've done terribly in both areas.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I agree with PR that Abby will probably be part of the teen scene. Something needs to be done to kick that group into gear. I will always think of Abby as a blonde so I hope the actress does change her hair color. I just hope she can act.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Ellie
Dec 1 2010, 04:24 PM
PhoenixRising05
The show has had better luck with newcomers in recent years than actual experienced actors...
Who are you thinking of in that category? imo, they've done terribly in both areas.
The only one I can think of is Chandler Massey....that's it!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Her facebook page -- http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=29076871557#!/Kate.T.R.Morris

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
PhoenixRising05
I know I'm going to take flak for this post but it's only my opinion LOL.

Chandler Massey is the most notable recent addition. Molly Burnett, I think, isn't as a horrible as people think. She's been fantastic this week. Mark Hapka too. Shelley Hennig is pretty solid. Dylan Patton and Taylor Sprietler weren't bad until after Grace's death. After that, they both fell off the rails but they weren't bad. Blake Berris was a newcomer. So were Darin Brooks and Rachel Melvin. Brandon Beemer wasn't too bad. Martha Madison had very few credentials and was a find so she was a newcomer. Heather Lindell was great. Kristen Renton wasn't bad for the brief time she was around.

The show actually has done well with young newcomers, at least IMO.

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 1 2010, 04:47 PM
Ellie
PhoenixRising05

Chandler Massey is the most notable recent addition. Molly Burnett, I think, isn't as a horrible as people think. She's been fantastic this week. Mark Hapka too. Shelley Hennig is pretty solid. Dylan Patton and Taylor Sprietler weren't bad until after Grace's death. After that, they both fell off the rails but they weren't bad. Blake Berris was a newcomer. So were Darin Brooks and Rachel Melvin. Brandon Beemer wasn't too bad. Martha Madison had very few credentials and was a find so she was a newcomer. Heather Lindell was great. Kristen Renton wasn't bad for the brief time she was around.

So mostly people who aren't still on the show and people who (with the exception of one) are rarely used? That certainly spells success!

Ellie

lysie
Dec 1 2010, 04:49 PM
PhoenixRising05

So mostly people who aren't still on the show and people who (with the exception of one) are rarely used? That certainly spells success!
LOL exactly. If the people aren't on the show anymore, I was counting them in the "didn't work out" category. I also think we're defining "newcomer" a bit differently. But thanks for explaining Tim!

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Ugh, I hate that she looks like Rafe's sister. WTF? Abby should be blonde! Grrr!

Hopefully she can at least act.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Obviously it's too soon to judge, but I like the fact that she's dark-haired. The two Abbys before Ashley Benson (Megan Corletto and Jillian Clare) were both dark-haired and I preferred that since it means she takes more after Jack than Jennifer (although, this girl has darker hair than even he has, his is brown and hers is more black) and Abby was always a daddy's girl. I always wanted Abby to be dark-haired and Jack Jr. to be blond.

I think she definitely will be in the teen set - although that's transitioning into the college set at this point. More specifically I think she'll be a love interest of Chad's, since Will and Nathan, the only guys around that age range, are relatives.
Edited by SlyestFox, Dec 1 2010, 04:56 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Matt
Dec 1 2010, 04:37 PM
I think they blocked it.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lysie
Dec 1 2010, 04:49 PM
PhoenixRising05
Ellie
PhoenixRising05

So what if they aren't on the show anymore! Just because they aren't doesn't mean they didn't work. Those were still good casting decisions and that is what proves my point.

Are you seriously saying actors and actresses like Martha Madison, Blake Berris, Rachel Melvin, Chandler Massey, etc weren't good decisions? That is what we are talking about here. The show's track record with hiring newcomers (actor or actresses with little to no experience). That track record is infinitely better than there track record with established actors.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply