Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Updated: SOD: Christie Clark on Days in early February
Topic Started: Dec 2 2010, 04:08 PM (12,410 Views)
Mayholidays

I think there a lot of the actors on Days come off as smug it seems to be their style of writing ...I don't think it becomes any of the characters they write that way :shame: But I think depending on the character you still like them inspite of their smugness,you see the good in their character and overlook their faults and the characters you hate you tend to be less forgiving and focus solely on their faults :frustration:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BradyB

I think of Christie Clark as I do Melissa Reeves. However, we got to watch Christie grow up even more so then we did Melissa Reeves. She is a face that older viewers tie to Days.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

So, when did this stop being about Carrie?

Aliaron
Member Avatar

When someone mentioned BD. Let's face it. I'd rather talk about BD than CC. Carrie's okay, but Lucas is more needed on the show right now.

The question is who is going to mention Marlena next?

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Marlena needs to stay where she is. :shame:

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Dec 7 2010, 10:30 AM
Maybe we are in the minority on this one but I would not care if she ever returned either I think the show is just fine without her but that's just my opinion.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

While I wasn't always a fan of the character I do think she leaves a gaping hole - particularly since the show insists on focusing so much on Sami. Having the continuous life altering tragedies happening to Sami with no mention of Marlena is pretty stupid.

And besides...I miss John. :(

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Virgo Twins
Dec 7 2010, 10:33 AM
JamesScott_19
Dec 7 2010, 10:30 AM
Maybe we are in the minority on this one but I would not care if she ever returned either I think the show is just fine without her but that's just my opinion.
I knew that you would agree, we share the same thoughts with everything ;)

I agree Marlena was annoying, the day she left was the day I was rejoicing.

On the other hand,I would`nt mind John coming back but only when he lost his memory and he had a sense of humor.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

The way Carrie treated Lucas is exactly the reason I don't like her. She wanted to have a "perfect" baby, so she married Lucas instead of Austin. If I recall correctly, the belief that she and Austin were at risk to have a baby with birth defects was Sami's doing but it still made Carrie look very much like a selfish bitch. There's no such thing as a perfect child.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar

I agree about Lucas, also I thought she was just using Lucas because Austin was dating her sister. Lucas and Carrie was the worst couple, no chemistry at all.

Carrie always was potrayed to be this "perfect angel" when in reality she was a whiner and woe is me twit.

I really don`t see the point in bringing her back besides pimping Sami.

Do we really need another Carrie and Sami feud? :shame:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Dec 7 2010, 10:48 AM
The way Carrie treated Lucas is exactly the reason I don't like her. She wanted to have a "perfect" baby, so she married Lucas instead of Austin. If I recall correctly, the belief that she and Austin were at risk to have a baby with birth defects was Sami's doing but it still made Carrie look very much like a selfish bitch. There's no such thing as a perfect child.
Yep. For the record, I don't care for Carrie either. However, if it meant we were going to get Muldoon, I'd suck up my dislike. If it meant we were going to get Peck back & Carrie.......my bitching would've been heard for miles.

Wait a tic.......if we could pair Carrie & Rafe........we could FF thru everything they were in..........OR they could both go to Switzerland..........there could be an upside here.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I was glad to see Marlena leave, I was over her; *however* I'm ready to get her back. Her storyline potentials had dried up, but imho, since Sami's been thrust into the spotlight like she's been, she needs Marlena to balance her out. Sami needs someone to be her rock so she can go crazy and not have it breakdown horribly. Not to mention Sami just needs to be part of a storyline that doesn't center around herself and her men. Could be cliche, but maybe they could bring back Marlena as a pawn of Stefano's? But we don't know that, until she tries to kill Sami. Sami could be spilling out all the details of her recent past, with her back to Marlena who's "making them tea" or whatever, in the kitchen, and all you see is Marlena come at Sami with a kitchen knife. Yeah....I'd love that storyline! :) This could go on for a few weeks before-hand, with everytime Sami mentioning Rafe or EJ, Marlena could turn around and roll her eyes and think something like, "Won't this girl EVER shut-up!"

lysie
Member Avatar

blueskies
Dec 7 2010, 10:54 AM
I was glad to see Marlena leave, I was over her; *however* I'm ready to get her back. Her storyline potentials had dried up, but imho, since Sami's been thrust into the spotlight like she's been, she needs Marlena to balance her out. Sami needs someone to be her rock so she can go crazy and not have it breakdown horribly. Not to mention Sami just needs to be part of a storyline that doesn't center around herself and her men. Could be cliche, but maybe they could bring back Marlena as a pawn of Stefano's? But we don't know that, until she tries to kill Sami. Sami could be spilling out all the details of her recent past, with her back to Marlena who's "making them tea" or whatever, in the kitchen, and all you see is Marlena come at Sami with a kitchen knife. Yeah....I'd love that storyline! :) This could go on for a few weeks before-hand, with everytime Sami mentioning Rafe or EJ, Marlena could turn around and roll her eyes and think something like, "Won't this girl EVER shut-up!"
I'm pretty sure you just very accurately described a Marlena/Belle scene from 2004, lol.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

OneBadKitty
Dec 7 2010, 10:48 AM
plus Carrie was a cheater and then she acted like the perfect angel against her 'bad apple' sister. She cheated on Austin with Mike and ended up cheating on Lucas with Austin. I'll never forget how she slept with Lucas and then had just slept with Austin, disgusting.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Dec 7 2010, 01:22 PM.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

If we bring back all these people, Bryan Dattilo better be in that mix somewhere. He's the one that makes my heart swoon, and everything else lol! Him and Patrick Muldoon back, be still my beating heart. Please no to Austin Peck.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

you know what's worse than Sami being like Carrie, Carrie being like Carrie.... say it ain't so!

glfanalways

Carrie wouldn't have made that decision if it won't for Sami. Lets slap the writers! Austin should have never married Sami in the first place. The writing for caustin was wth! You have a couple like carrie and austin who really should have had their own sl away from Sami, ack the writers painted them in to corner in the end, hogan Gave them a brain and then wrote them off. So I would really like carrie back because she has a whole lot of potential left. Hey I'm not to picky as to which austin should return muldoon or peck fine by me. I'm not that against ap returning. I watched ATWT, he is actually a pretty good actor! I think the problem was Peck hatred for the character Sami. Muldoon hated the Sami character equally as well as the character of Austin Reed. Pat has said a million times over he does not want to return. Music and Movies are his first love.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

JamesScott_19
Dec 7 2010, 10:51 AM
I agree about Lucas, also I thought she was just using Lucas because Austin was dating her sister. Lucas and Carrie was the worst couple, no chemistry at all.

Carrie always was potrayed to be this "perfect angel" when in reality she was a whiner and woe is me twit.

I really don`t see the point in bringing her back besides pimping Sami.

Do we really need another Carrie and Sami feud? :shame:
I'd rather see Sami back burned or rested for a while. Let some others shine like Nicole. Carrie can maybe have a good story too but only if its with Patrick Muldoon as Austin. Not Austin Peck pulleezeee...

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

glfanalways
Dec 7 2010, 05:26 PM
Carrie wouldn't have made that decision if it won't for Sami. Lets slap the writers! Austin should have never married Sami in the first place. The writing for caustin was wth! You have a couple like carrie and austin who really should have had their own sl away from Sami, ack the writers painted them in to corner in the end, hogan Gave them a brain and then wrote them off. So I would really like carrie back because she has a whole lot of potential left. Hey I'm not to picky as to which austin should return muldoon or peck fine by me. I'm not that against ap returning. I watched ATWT, he is actually a pretty good actor! I think the problem was Peck hatred for the character Sami. Muldoon hated the Sami character equally as well as the character of Austin Reed. Pat has said a million times over he does not want to return. Music and Movies are his first love.
the writing for Carcas and Saustin was angst for Lumi that is all it was....it proved to Lucas and Sami that after they managed to FINALLY land the people they actually wanted from the get go they still weren't happy and wanted each other....they were dreaming about each other, kissing each other, sleep walking into each others bedrooms, when they were trying to forget each other...didn't work....lol...

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I loved Carrie and Austin and Sami was always the interloper for them. As for Carrie not wanting a baby with special needs, well, if you knew that your baby would be at risk for any deflect you would think twice and adopt. But I agree that she slept around too much during that time. Her character IMO was destroyed when she went baby shopping like that. By that time, I didnt care about Carrie and Austin.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply