Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Rafe and Gabi's brother is cast
Topic Started: Dec 15 2010, 03:43 PM (12,361 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

DAYS Casting News
As first reported in Digest's 12/21 issue, the Hernandez clan is expanding. Francisco San Martin has been cast as Rafe (Galen Gering) and Gabi's (Camila Banus) brother, Dario. He will begin taping in January to first air in March. San Martin first appeared on DAYS mid-November as a patient Nathan and Melanie were treating

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

OH boy...is he suppose to be their 'younger' brother? or older brother? I can't believe we are getting yet another new character with absolutely no ties to Days.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

They really have no idea where they're going with this family, do they?

Sariah
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 15 2010, 03:46 PM
OH boy...is he suppose to be their 'younger' brother? or older brother? I can't believe we are getting yet another new character with absolutely no ties to Days.
I wondered that as well - older than Rafe? A little older than Gabi?

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

UGH! :flipoff: :soapbox: :frustration: :angry: :shithitfan:

Stupid, stupid, stupid! Their mother I could deal with, but now they have a long lost brother that hasn't ever been mentioned? Yeah, okay. Where was he at Arianna's memorial?
Edited by Casey, Dec 15 2010, 03:52 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Wait...didn't that guy die? I guess they were just trying him out? :shrug:

And here we are with yet ANOTHER sibling...and still no Pilar mother? Instead we get a random brother that NO one has ever mentioned, including Arianna in her videotaped will. Makes perfect sense to me.

They really don't seem to have a clue where to go with them. :rolleyes:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Dario ... hilarious.
Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

ummmm.....okay.....this makes ZERO sense. New brother, never mentioned, never alluded to, never anything, even when Ari died! In fact, I seem to remember Arianna once saying something about Rafe being "the only brother she has". wtf DOOL. Nevermind...I don't want to know.

six
Member Avatar

Oh good lord. The Hernandez family is like a clown car. Just when you don't think there are any more, another one rolls out. Remember when Sami was shocked that he even had one sibling, and now he has (at least) three?

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Dec 15 2010, 03:56 PM
Oh good lord. The Hernandez family is like a clown car. Just when you don't think there are any more, another one rolls out. Remember when Sami was shocked that he even had one sibling, and now he has (at least) three?
CLOWN CAR!

ROFL!

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Damn I so called this.... My God I could be writing this show. I think he is younger because I think Rafe is the oldest.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

six
It's ridiculous. The fact that they're wasting money on characters with no potential ties to the canvas is sad. They SHOULD be putting their efforts into rebuilding the Horton and Brady families.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

^^I say Sami will be boinking him next....any takers anyone....my bets are in for Dami now....it's not like she didn't go from Lucas to Austin to Lucas to Austin to Lucas you know....lmfao!

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Dec 15 2010, 03:58 PM
Damn I so called this.... My God I could be writing this show. I think he is younger because I think Rafe is the oldest.
We were always led to believe that Rafe was the oldest in the family. It is weird that no brother would have been mentioned at the memorial service. Arianna left nothing to him, but to everyone else, even EJ who was barely a friend. Maybe the guy has been in prison, the service????

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

six
:roflol: Priceless!

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Another Hernandez, yikes. They should have kept Arianna instead, but yet they kill her off just to add another useless Hernandez. None of these characters have ties to Salem. I would rather have old faves back like Bryan Datillo then have another Hernandez. Also, they don't even write any of the Hernandez well, Gabbi was recast with another actress because the other one just belong on the disney channel. They kill one off, and they have one who is arrogant, hypocritical, and so annoying. I wish I could fire the tptb because whoever writing this pathetic show should realized that fans don't want more Hernandez, but want old faves to come back because at least they have connection to the show.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

magicsteacher
Dec 15 2010, 04:01 PM
crookedhalo
We were always led to believe that Rafe was the oldest in the family. It is weird that no brother would have been mentioned at the memorial service. Arianna left nothing to him, but to everyone else, even EJ who was barely a friend. Maybe the guy has been in prison, the service????
Either way, it sucks ball. They should write for the characters we have on screen already. I don't see this Hernandez turning out any better then any of the other Hernandez. The one I did like for a while is now gone. It is just tptb to add more Hernandez to try and make them a staple of Salem, but truthfully it's not working at all, at least for me.

esp13
Member Avatar

I don't know if this is the same guy, but I found this on the Google:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBau5qyTWfw

If it is him, then I would say he could be in the Chad/Will range, or moved up to the Stephanie/Melanie/Nathan group.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

It's not only the fact that they don't have ties to the canvas. These characters haven't evolved or developed much in their past two years on the show. There's absolutely no point in bringing in another pointless character that's going to clog up screen time.

blueskies
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Dec 15 2010, 04:01 PM
crookedhalo
If they follow the Passions storyline, it will turn out he's older than Rafe, but ran off and left the family alone. That I could almost buy as a reason why he's never been mentioned. But, this guy doesn't look older than GG. He looks younger (imho), so I don't know what excuse they'll come up with for his never been mentioned. Ari said she felt like the black sheep of the family what with prison and drugs and all, so idk how they're gonna make him worse than the black sheep. Unknown brother given up at birth???

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply