Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Rafe and Gabi's brother is cast
Topic Started: Dec 15 2010, 03:43 PM (12,742 Views)
CapeSafe

magicsteacher
Dec 26 2010, 10:37 PM
magicsteacher
Dec 26 2010, 10:04 PM
shellybean77
Dec 26 2010, 09:20 PM
does anyone know what angle they are going for when rafe has the accident? i mean is he going to be critically injured in a wheel chair or amnesia ? this could lead to a story line involving emily from his past if he has amnesia. he might not remember anything from the point of her death. leaving sami out in the cold and if they are truly meant for one another they would have to fall in love all over again. i think there are lots of possibilities for this story. i know the haters don't care how it pans out. but for me i would like to see them take this story down an exciting romantic path.
THe article in SOW just says that Rafe is involved in a serious car accident. THere is an old picture of Sami and Rafe at the top of the page with the caption under it that says, " Sami will face new challenges once Rafe is seriously injured."
Other than that, everything else is rumor and specs.
Just read another rumor/spec-- that Rafe will have amnesia; Sami is his caretaker, and he ends up falling in love with her all over again- kind of like a "Regarding Henry" storyline. That is soapy and gives SAFE their own storyline instead of being involved with EJ/ Taylor, etc. I can see the writers doing something like this-- it could be a really good romantic story, if it is written well.
This is exactly what I was thinking.....They could have their own romantic storyline without EJ....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daisy132

Considering that KC said that Rafe would get involved with someone else already on the canvas, I don't doubt it. It may be Carly - after all they've "crossed paths" before, and she's on the canvas. She was his caretaker. She works in the hospital and will probably be his doctor again. I'm speculating, but I can see it. My Carly and Rafe banner is ready to be launched.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

CapeSafe
Dec 27 2010, 11:19 AM
magicsteacher
Dec 26 2010, 10:37 PM
magicsteacher
Dec 26 2010, 10:04 PM
shellybean77
Dec 26 2010, 09:20 PM
does anyone know what angle they are going for when rafe has the accident? i mean is he going to be critically injured in a wheel chair or amnesia ? this could lead to a story line involving emily from his past if he has amnesia. he might not remember anything from the point of her death. leaving sami out in the cold and if they are truly meant for one another they would have to fall in love all over again. i think there are lots of possibilities for this story. i know the haters don't care how it pans out. but for me i would like to see them take this story down an exciting romantic path.
THe article in SOW just says that Rafe is involved in a serious car accident. THere is an old picture of Sami and Rafe at the top of the page with the caption under it that says, " Sami will face new challenges once Rafe is seriously injured."
Other than that, everything else is rumor and specs.
Just read another rumor/spec-- that Rafe will have amnesia; Sami is his caretaker, and he ends up falling in love with her all over again- kind of like a "Regarding Henry" storyline. That is soapy and gives SAFE their own storyline instead of being involved with EJ/ Taylor, etc. I can see the writers doing something like this-- it could be a really good romantic story, if it is written well.
This is exactly what I was thinking.....They could have their own romantic storyline without EJ....
There has not been a couple on this show given 'their own romantic storyline' in years. I wouldn't hold my breath to see that change anytime soon.

CapeSafe

daisy132
Considering that KC said that Rafe would get involved with someone else already on the canvas, I don't doubt it. It may be Carly - after all they've "crossed paths" before, and she's on the canvas. She was his caretaker. She works in the hospital and will probably be his doctor again. I'm speculating, but I can see it. My Carly and Rafe banner is ready to be launched.
I am a Safe fan and hope this doesn't happen, but even more so I am sooooooooo done with Carly. They have wasted her return to the show. :shrug:

GirlyGirl
Member Avatar

daisy132
Now this I could actually get behind! Rafe and Carly would be a good match! I think Nicole and Rafe would be good too. Wow! I think I'm delirious - I'm actually writing something positive about Rafe! :OhMy: I'm gonna go lie down now. :P

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

daisy132
No, I don't want Carly with Rafe, and I don't want CC to dumb down her acting for GG.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

daisy132
KC never said that Rafe in particular was the one that would get involved with someone else already on the canvas. This has already been addressed several times before. GG was there at the time, and he made a comment about how he didn't know if his character was the one that that comment was intended toward. Many people believe that KC was actually talking about EJ. And with what we are seeing playing out on screen (EJ/Nicole) that seems to be what he meant.

daisy132

mesagirl
Dec 27 2010, 01:09 PM
daisy132
KC never said that Rafe in particular was the one that would get involved with someone else already on the canvas. This has already been addressed several times before. GG was there at the time, and he made a comment about how he didn't know if his character was the one that that comment was intended toward. Many people believe that KC was actually talking about EJ. And with what we are seeing playing out on screen (EJ/Nicole) that seems to be what he meant.
Well we know that EJ and Nicole won't work, that's a given.

And about GG, well, Rafe's been on the show for two years and is now married to Sami. Time for them to get broken up. They've lasted too long as it is in the soap world.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I wonder who Rafe's brother will be paired with? I had assumed it would be Abby, but spoilers indicate that she will be thrown into the mix with Chad, Will, and Gabi. This Francisco San Martin guy in the demo reel in an earlier post looks pretty hot. Oh, la, la. :wub: But, more than anything, I hope he can at least act.

Manda1

daisy132
Dec 27 2010, 01:20 PM
mesagirl
daisy132

And about GG, well, Rafe's been on the show for two years and is now married to Sami. Time for them to get broken up. They've lasted too long as it is in the soap world.
Rafe and sami already have had a ton of break ups on their way to this marriage :wub: they were apart from March - Aug during 2010 and from July - Nov 2009 so they have hardly been in each others pockets the whole time - geeze :tounge:

Who knows Dario may come on and join their family at the loft like Gabi seems to have with Will which is really sweet.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Manda1
Dec 27 2010, 01:45 PM
daisy132
mesagirl
daisy132

Rafe and sami already have had a ton of break ups on their way to this marriage :wub: they were apart from March - Aug during 2010 and from July - Nov 2009 so they have hardly been in each others pockets the whole time - geeze :tounge:

Who knows Dario may come on and join their family at the loft like Gabi seems to have with Will which is really sweet.
Meaning Dario would move in to the loft with them? :unsure:

I don't see that boding well for Safe, at all. :lol:

daisy132

SocRMum1
Dec 27 2010, 01:48 PM
Manda1
Dec 27 2010, 01:45 PM
daisy132
mesagirl

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Meaning Dario would move in to the loft with them? :unsure:

I don't see that boding well for Safe, at all. :lol:
All in the family. :lol:

daisy132

lazydazes
Dec 27 2010, 01:42 PM
I wonder who Rafe's brother will be paired with? I had assumed it would be Abby, but spoilers indicate that she will be thrown into the mix with Chad, Will, and Gabi. This Francisco San Martin guy in the demo reel in an earlier post looks pretty hot. Oh, la, la. :wub: But, more than anything, I hope he can at least act.
Probably Stephanie. :x

You know, all this casting reminds me of Passions. There were constantly new characters brought on the show for absolutely no reason whatsoever. They were empty characters just occupying screening time in "fluff" storylines.
Edited by daisy132, Dec 27 2010, 01:56 PM.

justforfun

If GG said that he was working with Frances Fisher then it could be that she is someone who comes to "care" for Rafe and help Sami out. I do think that there has to be some angst here for SAFE, whether it's paralysis or memory loss, but I do see them going down one of those paths. I don't know how long FF is supposed to be there, though.

sonemfan4life

daisy132
Dec 27 2010, 01:53 PM
lazydazes
Dec 27 2010, 01:42 PM
Probably Stephanie. :x

You know, all this casting reminds me of Passions. There were constantly new characters brought on the show for absolutely no reason whatsoever. They were empty characters just occupying screening time in "fluff" storylines.
lol reminds me of passions too which i watched until the end which is why i can iopenly admit the acting sucked with the exception of a few and gg was not one of them. i am convinced all lh knows how to do well is cry/whine and bitch. oh ya and play someones mexican sister even though shes not latino

the only characters coming on i see with purpose are taylor( cuz nicole needs more family and i care more about the mendez/walker clan than the hernandez one) and abby

sonemfan4life

six
Dec 15 2010, 03:56 PM
Oh good lord. The Hernandez family is like a clown car. Just when you don't think there are any more, another one rolls out. Remember when Sami was shocked that he even had one sibling, and now he has (at least) three?
omg my ribs and abs hurt from laughing so hard :lol:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

daisy132
Ken Corday never directly said that Rafe would be involved with someone else. THis is what he said at the Michael Fairman interview at the Days 45th anniversary November 9th:

So while I had Corday there, it was time to try and get some insight into what is going to happen for the SAFE and EJami fans. Ken offered up, “First of all, the fans are split down the middle and I love it. We stretch the rubber band until it snaps. And, Sami snapped a couple weeks ago and she should have capped him. (Laughs) One bullet… a 22 caliber… and when you get a good thing in story, you run with it.” OK Ken, so Sami snapped, but can we have Rafe snap too? I mean how much does guy have to deal with to be with the woman he loves? Ken revealed, “Rafe is not going to snap. He is solid and he is the G-man. There are other women besides Sami, too. Let’s not forget that! And I am talking about someone currently on the canvas.” With that, I looked at Gering for his reaction and he was genuinely surprised! “That is revealing news there. Not sure if he really mean me or not, but either way it bodes well.” James Scott (EJ) was not doing any press interviews that evening. So we were unable to get his thoughts on the current story, and to give you his insight at this time. We hope to catch up with him very soon.
KC made it very vague, IMO, as to whom he was talking about, Rafe or EJ, and he did that on purpose to keep both fanbases dangling. As for what's playing out on the screen, I am assuming he meant EJ since he and Nicole are getting together. The fact that GG was genuinely surprised and said I am not sure if he really means me or not, pretty much left it up in the air. Seeing as how this comment was made almost 2 months ago and EJ is the one who seems to be moving on, not Rafe, I don't think KC meant Rafe at this time. I am not saying it won't ever be that Rafe is with someone else, but I believe this comment had more to do with EJ.
Edited by magicsteacher, Dec 27 2010, 02:31 PM.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I don`t see why it is a crime to have Rafe paired with someone else other than Sami, :shame:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Dec 27 2010, 03:07 PM
I don`t see why it is a crime to have Rafe paired with someone else other than Sami, :shame:
It isn't a crime at all, and I never said it was. In fact, I said, I wasn't saying that Rafe wouldn't be with someone else, but that I just didn't think the comment KC made at this anniversary event was meant for GG, since we are seeing EJ with someone else already on canvas, not Rafe. It's a soap, I am sure eventually the writers will do something to put him with another actress for whatever reason.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

magicsteacher
Dec 27 2010, 03:11 PM
JamesScott_19
Dec 27 2010, 03:07 PM
It isn't a crime at all, and I never said it was. In fact, I said, I wasn't saying that Rafe wouldn't be with someone else, but that I just didn't think the comment KC made at this anniversary event was meant for GG, since we are seeing EJ with someone else already on canvas, not Rafe. It's a soap, I am sure eventually the writers will do something to put him with another actress for whatever reason.
I was speaking in general, I did not mention you in particular. I use to like Safe in the very beginning ( hard to believe now). I like Rafe when he is not with Sami,it seems like he comes alive. I enjoyed his past scenes with Carly, and him investigating Bope disappearance,.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply