Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Rafe and Gabi's brother is cast
Topic Started: Dec 15 2010, 03:43 PM (12,556 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

esp13
Dec 15 2010, 04:05 PM
I don't know if this is the same guy, but I found this on the Google:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBau5qyTWfw

If it is him, then I would say he could be in the Chad/Will range, or moved up to the Stephanie/Melanie/Nathan group.
Thanks for that clip. Yep, definitely in the younger age range than Rafe.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Casey
It's not only the fact that they don't have ties to the canvas. These characters haven't evolved or developed much in their past two years on the show. There's absolutely no point in bringing in another pointless character that's going to clog up screen time.
The problem seems to me to be that DOOL doesn't know how to write characters that are interesting. I mean, Lindsay's been on AMC less than a week and I've seen more love for Cara in that time than I ever saw for Arianna. It's not the actress, it's the writing.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: WHY!!! Why! Why!!!!

Why on earth would they kill Arianna off and further extend the Hernandez clan?
Why haven't we heard about this brother before? Do they even know he exists?
Why waste a perfectly good Lindsay Hartley?
Why do they need another character that we don't need or want?
WHY?

This is obviously something they JUST thought up because when Arianna died she didn't mention him in her will, she said Rafe was her ONLY brother, Gabi and Rafe mentioned that they had each other....ugh. Must be different writers taking control. That's all I can think of.

On the bright side, that guy Melanie and Nathan treated was pretty cute. :whistling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwz4mM68Fhc&feature=related
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Dec 15 2010, 04:12 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

He's good looking, good eye candy, and he might be coming in for Mel/Steph range...he looks a bit too old for the teen scene and hopefully Sami won't boink him, he might be too young....hey maybe this was the "Paul" character?

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

blueskies
Dec 15 2010, 04:08 PM
Casey
It's not only the fact that they don't have ties to the canvas. These characters haven't evolved or developed much in their past two years on the show. There's absolutely no point in bringing in another pointless character that's going to clog up screen time.
The problem seems to me to be that DOOL doesn't know how to write characters that are interesting. I mean, Lindsay's been on AMC less than a week and I've seen more love for Cara in that time than I ever saw for Arianna. It's not the actress, it's the writing.
Yep! Every character they have introduced since 2008 have been completely flat. Gabi, Rafe, Daniel, Ben, Arianna, etc. It's not the actors either.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Casey
Exactly, and that is the biggest problem that I see. They don't even have a backstory for the Rafe character or show us anything interesting about the Hernandez except their Tamales making skills, and yet now we are going to get stuck with another Hernandez. I want characters that are already on canvas to be written for, like Carly, Bo, Hope, and so forth. I want them to give us Ejami and Safe break for a while.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Dakota
Dec 15 2010, 04:03 PM
Another Hernandez, yikes. They should have kept Arianna instead, but yet they kill her off just to add another useless Hernandez. None of these characters have ties to Salem. I would rather have old faves back like Bryan Datillo then have another Hernandez. Also, they don't even write any of the Hernandez well, Gabbi was recast with another actress because the other one just belong on the disney channel. They kill one off, and they have one who is arrogant, hypocritical, and so annoying. I wish I could fire the tptb because whoever writing this pathetic show should realized that fans don't want more Hernandez, but want old faves to come back because at least they have connection to the show.
Tomlin LUVS his Hernandez men..... :shame:

What an utter shame that they could have bought Eric in as a recast, or bought BD back, or even someone with ties to Salem like Emilio, or someone else to play his 'long lost brother'...but NOoooooooooooooooooooooooo,can't do that. Tomlin's preference for certain characters are really getting annoying. He would rather build up the show with more new faces than work to repair a character like Arianna that actually had potential with Ej, if written better.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

LuvingLumi
Dec 15 2010, 04:10 PM
He's good looking, good eye candy, and he might be coming in for Mel/Steph range...he looks a bit too old for the teen scene and hopefully Sami won't boink him, he might be too young....hey maybe this was the "Paul" character?
Eye candy is a dime or dozen, but can he act that is the point, and why oh why oh why are they expanding the Hernandez clan when they are wasting characters on screen, and backburning them just to show Sami and her man clan.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

esp13
I don't know if this is the same guy, but I found this on the Google:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBau5qyTWfw

If it is him, then I would say he could be in the Chad/Will range, or moved up to the Stephanie/Melanie/Nathan group.
If that's the same guy, he's much hotter with the longer hair and the scruff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwz4mM68Fhc

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Dec 15 2010, 04:01 PM
crookedhalo
Dec 15 2010, 03:58 PM
Damn I so called this.... My God I could be writing this show. I think he is younger because I think Rafe is the oldest.
We were always led to believe that Rafe was the oldest in the family. It is weird that no brother would have been mentioned at the memorial service. Arianna left nothing to him, but to everyone else, even EJ who was barely a friend. Maybe the guy has been in prison, the service????
The reasoning for that may soon seem to pose a plot point. But when Ari called herself the black sheep or insinuated such I felt that there were more siblings. And people saying with no ties is bullshit, when the Brady's showed up they had no ties only a connection to one person. And come further into the future with Nicole & the Walkers, I don't doubt we will see one of the Hernandez family connected to another person, I would buy that Victor may be discovered to be Rafe's father. Tony came to Salem without connections, and then his father, and so forth. Shows grow and being against that growth, IMO, is being against a future for Days for more than they next 2 yrs. Now, I hate the loss of the Hortons and specially hate then trying to pimp Nathan to be another Tom, if they want strong Hortons bring on Mike & Nick at least I liked them.

And I'm so proud of me, I wrote this on Monday...

Quote:

And when it comes to the Hernandez family I could believe a brother. I think Rafe is the oldest but I doubt that Gabi & Ari were/are his only siblings.

lene
Member Avatar

woah, he's hot. I hope he's for Stephanie.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This is rather stunning. I think we all were prepared for the mother but a brother? Maybe this is a brother Rafe, Arianna, etc didn't know about?

I have a feeling he may end up being for Stephanie. I also have a feeling he won't last long. He has fail written all over him. I will give him a chance but he doesn't seem necessary at all given the current canvas. I have no issue with new characters or expanding the Hernandez clan but recycling an actor we just saw (even if it was in a one day role) and having it be a sibling we never heard of is just ridiculous. They should've just kept Arianna, someone people gave a damn about.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Casey
except for Gabi & Rafe, right? Evolved, really? people say Rafe's changed but he's not evolved, huh...hmmm. Oh maybe u mean neck ties, nope saw one on the show today.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

crookedhalo
Dec 15 2010, 04:23 PM
Casey
except for Gabi & Rafe, right? Evolved, really? people say Rafe's changed but he's not evolved, huh...hmmm. Oh maybe u mean neck ties, nope saw one on the show today.
I don't think he's changed much at all.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

PhoenixRising05
Dec 15 2010, 04:22 PM
This is rather stunning. I think we all were prepared for the mother but a brother? Maybe this is a brother Rafe, Arianna, etc didn't know about?

I have a feeling he may end up being for Stephanie. I also have a feeling he won't last long. He has fail written all over him. I will give him a chance but he doesn't seem necessary at all given the current canvas. I have no issue with new characters or expanding the Hernandez clan but recycling an actor we just saw (even if it was in a one day role) and having it be a sibling we never heard of is just ridiculous. They should've just kept Arianna, someone people gave a damn about.
Arianna had potential storylines with Ej, if they would have kept Lucas, she could have gone there....but somehow I feel they didn't want to go there with her, with either man, don't know why. Brady failed big time and a LONG time ago, why they wouldn't do something different with her while they still had the chance is puzzling. Lindsay was a good actress and they should have showcased her doing something that wasn't laying in bed with Brady the entire time.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

the guy that play jett was before in 2006 that plan to take advnge on chelsea

few months before play chelsea RM play someone else

few months before play shawn BB play someone else

Aliaron
Member Avatar

This news just makes me sigh.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Partnersincrime
Dec 15 2010, 04:28 PM
the guy that play jett was before in 2006 that plan to take advnge on chelsea

few months before play chelsea RM play someone else

few months before play shawn BB play someone else
Rachel played Georgia in 2004 (not Billie's Georgia, the other french girl).

shytstarter
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 15 2010, 04:22 PM

Thank you. I actually don't hate the Hernandez family, but this seems ridiculous. If they had to bring in another Hernandez better it be Mama Hernandez.

The canvas seems uneven anyway with not enough women in various age categories for the men on the canvas. If they were dead set on bringing on a male I would have preferred it be Nicholas Alamain.

Vicky4Mimi

Sounds good to me. I hope he's for Stephanie. He might just be what she needs to show some spark!
If he's anything like Rafe--Salem can always use another hero!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply