Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Rafe and Gabi's brother is cast
Topic Started: Dec 15 2010, 03:43 PM (12,374 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

six
Dec 15 2010, 03:56 PM
Oh good lord. The Hernandez family is like a clown car. Just when you don't think there are any more, another one rolls out. Remember when Sami was shocked that he even had one sibling, and now he has (at least) three?
:laugh: Clown car!! :tounge: Classic.

Wish I cared, but I don't.

Just another one note bland Hernandez that isn't needed.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

"Hey, what's up, brother Dario that's always been my brother and we've just never mentioned before and wasn't at or mentioned at our sister's funeral nor mentioned alongside the rest of us in Arianna's video will."

Ugh.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Dec 15 2010, 04:36 PM
Sounds good to me. I hope he's for Stephanie. He might just be what she needs to show some spark!
If he's anything like Rafe--Salem can always use another hero!
Awh.. Stephanie?? Something tells me we've met three cavity giving siblings I think it's time for a wild child.

How about Rafe walking up on a fight and goes to bust them up grabs a guy only to discover it's his brother. Would u rather a Safe baby?

esp13
Member Avatar

shytstarter
Dec 15 2010, 04:35 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 15 2010, 04:22 PM
This is rather stunning. I think we all were prepared for the mother but a brother? Maybe this is a brother Rafe, Arianna, etc didn't know about?

I have a feeling he may end up being for Stephanie. I also have a feeling he won't last long. He has fail written all over him. I will give him a chance but he doesn't seem necessary at all given the current canvas. I have no issue with new characters or expanding the Hernandez clan but recycling an actor we just saw (even if it was in a one day role) and having it be a sibling we never heard of is just ridiculous. They should've just kept Arianna, someone people gave a damn about.
Thank you. I actually don't hate the Hernandez family, but this seems ridiculous. If they had to bring in another Hernandez better it be Mama Hernandez.

The canvas seems uneven anyway with not enough women in various age categories for the men on the canvas. If they were dead set on bringing on a male I would have preferred it be Nicholas Alamain.
I would have loved Nicholas Alamain as well.

I'm willing to give this guy a chance. Anytime anybody new is hired there is a full throat protest. Sometimes that protest turns out to be right, sometimes it doesn't. I want to see what they are planning on doing with the guy before I judge it. I do think that they decided to go this direction instead of the "Paul" or "Seamus" casting calls.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Partnersincrime
Dec 15 2010, 04:28 PM
the guy that play jett was before in 2006 that plan to take advnge on chelsea

few months before play chelsea RM play someone else

few months before play shawn BB play someone else
Mark Hapka also played Johnnie Dimera in a dream sequence in 2008.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I don't get this move at all. If he's for the younger group there's Chad who is already in storyline siberia so why add another guy to the mix. Days has not been able to write for the younger set in a very long time.

I too wonder if this was the "Paul" casting call. I would have much preferred this character be a Horton, Brady, Kiriakis.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm calling it -- he's for Abby.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Dec 15 2010, 04:45 PM
I don't get this move at all. If he's for the younger group there's Chad who is already in storyline siberia so why add another guy to the mix. Days has not been able to write for the younger set in a very long time.

I too wonder if this was the "Paul" casting call. I would have much preferred this character be a Horton, Brady, Kiriakis.
I can't imagine he won't be older than Gabi, thus making it unlikely he'll be part of Chad's group. Like others, I presume he's a love interest for Stephanie, who has no one for when Nathan leaves her, although they may also throw him in Abby and Melanie's orbits.
Edited by SlyestFox, Dec 15 2010, 04:49 PM.

sungrey

Oh for God's sake. We could get Matt Ashford back... or at the very least Bryan Dattilo or return appearances by Jamie Lyn Bauer and John Martin as Laura and Bill... and THIS is what we get?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Oh Matt, I can see that Chad/Abby/Dario....since Abby and Will are related she couldn't be incorporated as a love interest in the Will/Gabby scene...I thougth they would go with Chad in there causing trouble, you know Dena and her triangles but I can live with Dario included with Chad and Abby and all 5 of them make the teen scene with two different stories...I can see that.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

LuvingLumi
PhoenixRising05
Dec 15 2010, 04:22 PM
This is rather stunning. I think we all were prepared for the mother but a brother? Maybe this is a brother Rafe, Arianna, etc didn't know about?

I have a feeling he may end up being for Stephanie. I also have a feeling he won't last long. He has fail written all over him. I will give him a chance but he doesn't seem necessary at all given the current canvas. I have no issue with new characters or expanding the Hernandez clan but recycling an actor we just saw (even if it was in a one day role) and having it be a sibling we never heard of is just ridiculous. They should've just kept Arianna, someone people gave a damn about.
Arianna had potential storylines with Ej, if they would have kept Lucas, she could have gone there....but somehow I feel they didn't want to go there with her, with either man, don't know why. Brady failed big time and a LONG time ago, why they wouldn't do something different with her while they still had the chance is puzzling. Lindsay was a good actress and they should have showcased her doing something that wasn't laying in bed with Brady the entire time.
Arianna was a problem from day one. She was originally brought on for Max but Darin Brooks decided to leave so they paired her with Brady. Only problem with that is they changed her characterization the minute they put her with Brady and especially when they recasted with Lindsey Hartley (which was definitely a move to capitalize on their chemistry and popularity). She started off very jaded, closed off and cold. The ironic thing is that is how she ended up at the end of her run. The worst thing was they changed her several times even after Hartley took over. It was like the regime never could come together on one vision for her. That is the difference with how AMC is using her. Lindsey got to CREATE the role. She was the first to play it and, while the AMC writing team isn't great, it has one vision in mind for her but that could change just like it did for Arianna on Days.

I think Days is wise to appeal to Hispanic viewers and I don't mind expanding the Hernandez clan nor do I mind bringing on a brother, even if we haven't heard of him. My issue is that you almost have to go the secret sibling route here, which doesn't work without Mama Hernandez. They could go the whole "Dario did awful things so he was disowned" route but that is the easy road. What should've been done is they should've introduced Rafe and Gabi's mother already or they should introduce her first. Let us get to know her and see her relationship with her kids. Then, down the road, you bring Dario on and reveal she had a secret affair and he is the product of it. That would've worked.

This could still work but I just think it's not the right time to do it. Now, if they handle it better than I think they will and if they throw him at Stephanie (since she could use a love interest), than I'm cool with it. The show is on a high right now so I don't want to see it bogged down by this.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 15 2010, 04:47 PM
Dario being for Abby leaves both Stephanie and Chad ultimately without love interests though. Since Chad and Abby are both college-aged, while Stephanie's post-grad, it would seem more likely to be that it would go Chad/Abby and Stephanie/Dario.

I'm not saying they wouldn't throw Dario in Abby's orbit (Melanie's too for that matter) just to chemtest, but I feel like Stephanie's their ultimate plan. By March, Nathan and Stephanie are likely to be donezo and she needs someone.
Edited by SlyestFox, Dec 15 2010, 04:54 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Matt
Dec 15 2010, 04:47 PM
Doubt it.

They are probably going to go Abby/Chad. They can't do Abby/Will and I think that is why Chad is in limbo right now as they are waiting to build that up.

I can see them having Chad get with Abby to make Gabi jealous or something and it develops from there.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

sungrey
Dec 15 2010, 04:49 PM
Oh for God's sake. We could get Matt Ashford back... or at the very least Bryan Dattilo or return appearances by Jamie Lyn Bauer and John Martin as Laura and Bill... and THIS is what we get?
This has nothing to do with them. Matt could still come back. In fact, I would bet he definitely will given how they are mentioning him.

This guy is cheap so it's not like it will cost them much. They could use another guy in the Stephanie/Nathan/Melanie group. I just don't think this should've been the move they made but we'll see.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 15 2010, 04:44 PM
Partnersincrime
the guy that play jett was before in 2006 that plan to take advnge on chelsea

few months before play chelsea RM play someone else

few months before play shawn BB play someone else
Mark Hapka also played Johnnie Dimera in a dream sequence in 2008.
and in 2007

lastDays
Member Avatar

They want to replace the Hortons and bradys with the hernandez's.Trying to replicate GG's Passions family.This sucks.Out side of Safe fans,no one gives a damn about this family :puke:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

This is so....................random.

esp13
Member Avatar

I don't think it's necessarily random. Assuming that once the paternity crap shakes out we end up with a Phloe redux, Nathan and Melanie (the soulmates endgame gagfest), Carly and Daniel, and Bo and Hope, then they'll need another love interest for Stephanie and this guy would fit that bill. And for those that think they should just ship Stephanie off, they have to keep her around to be a foil for Melanie.

I fully expect that Abby will fit into the Chad/Gabi/Will mix since she's been referenced as "college aged" which would be younger than the Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie group. I know Taylor is coming on, but I think she's meant to fall into the Brady/Nicole/EJ group. Not that there can't be overlap between these groups, but I think that is how the basic framework will shake out.

SallySlice
Member Avatar

Could they have named him anything stupider than Dario?

I'm sorry but the name has got to be changed.
Darius is fine.

But Dario???
Good Lord...LoL

six
Member Avatar

esp13
Dec 15 2010, 05:22 PM
I don't think it's necessarily random. Assuming that once the paternity crap shakes out we end up with a Phloe redux, Nathan and Melanie (the soulmates endgame gagfest), Carly and Daniel, and Bo and Hope, then they'll need another love interest for Stephanie and this guy would fit that bill. And for those that think they should just ship Stephanie off, they have to keep her around to be a foil for Melanie.

I fully expect that Abby will fit into the Chad/Gabi/Will mix since she's been referenced as "college aged" which would be younger than the Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie group. I know Taylor is coming on, but I think she's meant to fall into the Brady/Nicole/EJ group. Not that there can't be overlap between these groups, but I think that is how the basic framework will shake out.
I don't think it's random that they're bringing a guy in, but there are so many others who'd fit the bill, and who have history on the show. Nicholas Alamain, Nick (aka the last really good character they created), who has a bonus of having ties to Melanie, Nathan, and being a Horton, Brandon Walker, who was played by an actor who considered himself Hispanic, which could have been a draw for that audience, if that's what they're doing here, a recasted Max, or Jeremy, etc.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply