Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Christie Clark Back to 'Lives' for one episode; 12/28/10 Issue
Topic Started: Dec 15 2010, 08:00 PM (3,348 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Please link back to Daytime Royalty. ;)

For the second time this year, Christie Clark was asked to reprise the role of DAYS's Carrie. The San-Fransisco based actress, who recently gave birth to a second daughter, Emma, in September, was happy to return.

"Marnie [Saitta casting director] called and I said, 'I'm knee-deep in diaper duty and that sounds fabulous to have a day of glamour.'" recalls Clark. "Thankfully, my mother came and relieved me and I got to go down with my girlfriend, who is also a big fan of the show. She just had a baby, so we were at the hotel, pumping and enjoying a little taste of freedom. It was fun."

Clark only filmed one episode, which will air in February, but her lunch companion that day - former co-star Patrick Muldoon (ex-Austin '92-'95)- caused a big stir. Alison Sweeney tweeted about the meal, sparking Internet speculation that Muldoon is coming back to Salem too. (He's not.)

"Patrick was supposed to meet me at the night before at the Sunset Tower with my girlfriend and have a nice dinner," she explains. "And he flaked and I gave him a huge amount of grief, so he said, 'I will meet you anytime, anywhere. I'll even meet you at the comissary.' And I did and I asked Ali to join us. It was fantastic. A weird, weird experience in general. He hadn't been there for fifteen years. He hasn't even come to say hello or seen that the walls are still painted the same color, so he was tripping out. We did a lot of catching up. And Ali is very good at remembering things that we said and did, so she told us numerous stories and that was fun. Lots of history there. If those walls could talk..."

Though raising her two daughters keeps her busy, Clark admits she wouldn't mind popping in and out of town. "Go get my hair and makeup done, do a little acting? It was great. It was a nice break to feel like yourself again, and then it was really nice to come back to my family," she says. "I love 'Days of our Lives' and would never say never and would be open to it. They have a beautiful schedule; it's kind of a dream. I would love to be on the train of making it successful and on the air for a long time."

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BradyB

I love Christie Clark. I too wish we could see Carrie in Salem from time to time if not for a long period of time. Any idea why she would only be there for one episode??

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I miss Carrie and Christie!

Thanks for posting!

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Only one episode? I knew it would be short term but I was hoping for a few episodes. It will be good to see Carrie again.

lysie
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Dec 15 2010, 08:16 PM
Only one episode? I knew it would be short term but I was hoping for a few episodes. It will be good to see Carrie again.
I almost wonder if she's just in a dream or something.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

BradyB
Dec 15 2010, 08:04 PM
I love Christie Clark. I too wish we could see Carrie in Salem from time to time if not for a long period of time. Any idea why she would only be there for one episode??
Her namesake dies.

lysie
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Dec 15 2010, 08:17 PM
BradyB
Her namesake dies.
That still seems short. When Shawn died, Kim had more than one episode. I think she had two....

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

When is Peggy's contact up?

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

lysie
Dec 15 2010, 08:20 PM
IMissAremid
Dec 15 2010, 08:17 PM
BradyB
Her namesake dies.
That still seems short. When Shawn died, Kim had more than one episode. I think she had two....
Well Carrie will be coming in from out of town so she may not be at the final hospital scenes but just make it back for a funeral episode?

eta: Shawn dying was also a different regime and I doubt that they make as big of a deal about Caroline's death as they did Shawn's. Especially because it would be resulting from a medical condition and not a big dramatic event like a plane crash.
Edited by IMissAremid, Dec 15 2010, 08:24 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Has it been confirmed that Caroline is going to die? :(
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 15 2010, 08:26 PM
Has it been confirmed that Caroline is going to die? :(
No. Only that she has a stroke. Two months before Carrie's scenes.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Well... that sucks.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Can we trade AS for CC?
But for one damn episode? Are we sure she didn't mean she filmed one day which is really like 10 episodes?

Johnny also has cancer two months before Carrie's scenes. If they aren't going to kill the kid, why are planning this whole story around him? He is 5. I know he is a better actor than JS and AS, but isn't there someone else who could pull this off and not possibly be traumatized?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I was just about to post this but thanks for saving me the typing, Casey. :) .

Anyway, I figured one or two episodes would be the case. She seems ok with coming in and out and I can see why with her having a new baby and all. Days' schedule seems to be a hit with the cast given how easy it is with the shorter hours and all the time off.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I hope she does do that. Carrie's a pretty important part of this show, and she's a needed figure with the lack of Brady's in Salem.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

PhoenixRising05
Dec 15 2010, 08:33 PM
I was just about to post this but thanks for saving me the typing, Casey. :) .

You're welcome. I usually get SOD early, and was just about to type up the other things but realized you covered them. :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I never thought Johnny would die in the first place. Why take the kid's eye out only to kill him? That would be overkill and pointless. If they wanted to kill him, they would've just done it and not went through the eye surgery.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

PhoenixRising05
Dec 15 2010, 08:37 PM
I never thought Johnny would die in the first place. Why take the kid's eye out only to kill him? That would be overkill and pointless. If they wanted to kill him, they would've just done it and not went through the eye surgery.

Wrong thread.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Casey
Dec 15 2010, 08:38 PM
PhoenixRising05

Wrong thread.
Huh?

I was just responding to people speculating about Carrie returning because Johnny dies.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

PhoenixRising05
Dec 15 2010, 08:39 PM
Casey
Dec 15 2010, 08:38 PM
PhoenixRising05

Wrong thread.
Huh?

I was just responding to people speculating about Carrie returning because Johnny dies.
Oh..sorry. I thought you were talking about the Johnny stuff you just posted.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply