Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: 2011 Preview; 1/4 Issue
Topic Started: Dec 21 2010, 11:16 PM (18,892 Views)
Bradyclan

wow, these spoilers/preview fall flat with me.

Taylor is for EJ? Ugh. Can he just have a storyline by himself for awhile ? Why don't they dig into his past? his mum?
Why couldn't they just keep Arianna, anyways?

Disgusting. Melanie is pregnant! Free Philip someone!

Awful preview of Jen having her heart removed.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Starsinmyeye
Member Avatar

I'm not liking these spoilers one bit especially the Taylor and EJ one. :sleep:

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I also hate that every EJ pairing begins with an "E" that doesn't fit. The name doesn't have to begin with the e. The letter is so out of place and just sits there. It ruins the combined name in my opinion. heck, its not really a combined name.

Yes, it's the little things that annoy me.

MericP
Member Avatar

Quote:

I think if it said EJ looked at Vivian in a whole new light, I"d be jumping thru hoops.

Hehe. That made me giggle.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Dec 22 2010, 08:58 PM
I also hate that every EJ pairing begins with an "E" that doesn't fit. The name doesn't have to begin with the e. The letter is so out of place and just sits there. It ruins the combined name in my opinion. heck, its not really a combined name.

Yes, it's the little things that annoy me.
well. I personally like "Tay-J" for the newest possible pairing

darraholic
Member Avatar

How about just EJ & Taylor? I find the nicknames dumb.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

My biggest gripe is this. :soapbox: Why are they even forcing EJ/Nicole into another marriage? It didn't work the first time around. Nicole has her own storyline with Brady that can keep her occupied. But, I'm assuming that the writers only intend to use Nicole so that she can 'stand between' EJ/Taylor's 'true love'. I'm sick and tired of the writers using Nicole this way. They never give her anything. Their only interest in Nicole is to use her as an inteloper. First, it was Sami, then it was Arianna, and now it's Taylor. If Victor, Stefano, and all the other villains on the show can find love, why can't Nicole? :shrug: These spoilers better pick up. This fan wants Bricole's love story to happen.

ilovelumi

lazydazes
Dec 23 2010, 06:57 AM
My biggest gripe is this. :soapbox: Why are they even forcing EJ/Nicole into another marriage? It didn't work the first time around. Nicole has her own storyline with Brady that can keep her occupied. But, I'm assuming that the writers only intend to use Nicole so that she can 'stand between' EJ/Taylor's 'true love'. I'm sick and tired of the writers using Nicole this way. They never give her anything. Their only interest in Nicole is to use her as an inteloper. First, it was Sami, then it was Arianna, and now it's Taylor. If Victor, Stefano, and all the other villains on the show can find love, why can't Nicole? :shrug: These spoilers better pick up. This fan wants Bricole's love story to happen.
I think the Bricole love story is happening and will happen. I think they will eventually move Nicole back over to Brady and hopefully pick things up with Vivian and Kate or else they go into a quad with Taylor and EJ which I think may happen too. It could be EJ wants Taylor, Taylor wants Brady, Nicole wants Brady, Brady wants Nicole kind of quad and Bricole end up using Taylor and EJ to get back at each other while Taylor and EJ fall in love who knows but no way do I think Bricole is done. Brady IMO is the one man in all these years who really knows and understands Nicole for who she is. But this obsession with Sydney which I understand is unhealthy for her.

But they seem to like Nicole in this role, always second best to Sami, and now her sister. Personally I think Nicole gets more and better story than the rest of the ladies because of it. JMO of course.
Edited by ilovelumi, Dec 23 2010, 09:34 AM.

ilovelumi

Taelyn
Dec 22 2010, 07:48 PM
Bope- Very much looking forward to them reuniting.
Melanie Pregnant- Id bet money she loses the baby.. I doubt very much they will tie her to Philip this way when they intend to pair her with Nathan.

Rafes Accident- I dont see him needing a new heart, It would be rediculous to have 2 people that are major players needing the same heart.. Instead, Its been awhile since someone has been Paralyzed so it could be that. Or he could have a Brain injury and memory loss.

Stephano.. They say he id going back to his roots so to speak.. But who is his target ? They dont really tell us who his intended victim/s might be.

EJ/Nicole/Taylor- I dont know why people are so against Taylor yet. We have not yet seen the ineteraction, I dont like to pre-judge, even though I really like EJole Ill wait and see how it all works.
But I would love to see EJ finally find a woman he can love who loves him back. But if that woman isnt Nicole and he is married to Nicole that could be awkward.

Some things sound good and the rest is just BIZARRE..
The only thing that really has me upset though is the Jennifer bit.
I love your post

1. Bope. My alltime favorite soap couple. No matter what happens I always want them together

2. Melanie. Yeah she will lose the baby I am sure.

3. Rafe. Memory loss would be a good story. Rafe needs some emotion and a story of his own versus continuing to be Sami's tag a long guy. Maybe I'll end up liking him more

4. Stefano 's target I think will be Sami or could it be Kate?

5. I loved Ejole and I love Bricole but I do think Bricole in some ways is Nicoles destiny pairing. He loves her for her and who she is, understands and accepts her. I like that about them. and the same for her with him. And EJ deserves the same. Sami is poison I'm sorry and he deserves to be loved by someone who can also love him for who he is no agendas and I am ready for a real romance for EJ I think and I don't get people being down on the actress. I saw her on GH. She's not great but she's beautiful, had good chemistry with her costars, and has sort of a graceful more sophisticated quality about her.

6. The Jennifer stuff sounds just crazy enough to be interesting.

And I am kinda digging them putting Will into a romance. Not sure how I feel about Gabi but Abby's also coming back so we'll see what happens there.

But I feel like I am alone in here. I think all the stuff actually sounds pretty good and it's a great combination of crazy, angst, and romance as I said before which is why I love Days more than any other soap.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

Well seems to me the heart part with Jennifer is pretty literal. Lee takes it out (who knew she was a surgeon! lol), but somehow Jen gets put on a heart bypass machine, therefore not dying. Then someone has to figure out whom the heart was intended for, and stop it from being used, and then putting it back in Jen.

Still seems crazy to me, but it is doable.

Melanie - I bet she miscarries too.

Bope - don't care whatsoever. I lost interest in them when Hope starting going all BSC on Bo for trying to save their daughter in a way he knew how to.

Rafe - provides some drama, but I am sure he'll recuperate just fine.

EJ - ahhhh EJ, where to start. I still wish he'd go back to whatever rock he crawled out from, but if he has to be on screen, then I am glad it will be with someone, anyone, other than Sami. Let him be with this Taylor chick, but please let them be together because they BOTH want to be.

2011 sounds eh so far. Nothing is exactly making me jump out of my seat though.

Kansa
Member Avatar

Bradyclan
Dec 22 2010, 07:52 PM
wow, these spoilers/preview fall flat with me.

Taylor is for EJ? Ugh. Can he just have a storyline by himself for awhile ? Why don't they dig into his past? his mum?
Why couldn't they just keep Arianna, anyways?

Disgusting. Melanie is pregnant! Free Philip someone!

Awful preview of Jen having her heart removed.
Agreed that it would be nice to see E.J. with his own storyline for awhile. I wish that DAYS had done more with the inner struggle with being a DiMera and being expected to be a DiMera. Also would like to see other DiMera's more (like Lexie). I like your idea of delving into E.J's past - that could be an interesting storyline.

I was so excited when I found out Melissa Reeves was coming back and that she was going to be coming alongside Hope to be a support system but I am not looking forward to the "Jen has her heart removed" storyline. Y&R always seems to be on top of the ratings - I've never watched it, so I don't know - do they have these kind of storylines?

Not terribly interested at this point in Melanie's pregnancy. Not terribly interested in Nathan, Melanie, or Steph, right now, though I do like Phillip. I thought Mark Hapka's best work on DAYS so far was his brief stint as Johnny DiMera, actually, not Nathan.

I almost always enjoy Victor and am actually starting to enjoy Kate (I love Lauren Koslow's portrayal of her). I would like to see Stefano and Kate back together.

lovin'EJ
Member Avatar

Criss33
Dec 22 2010, 04:20 PM
King
Dec 22 2010, 01:12 PM
Taylor and EJ!? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you !!!!!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause:

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

ilovelumi
Dec 23 2010, 09:46 AM
Taelyn

And I am kinda digging them putting Will into a romance. Not sure how I feel about Gabi but Abby's also coming back so we'll see what happens there.

I'm not sure about Gabi either, but it's either her or someone new. It's too bad Abby and Will are cousins! Days hasn't had a good incest SL in awhile...

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

I'm ready to find a way to like EJ. I liked him in the beginning before finding out he was the black glove killer and Stefano's son.. ready to like him again.

ilovelumi

OhMyMadeleine
Dec 23 2010, 01:09 PM
ilovelumi
Taelyn

I'm not sure about Gabi either, but it's either her or someone new. It's too bad Abby and Will are cousins! Days hasn't had a good incest SL in awhile...
LMAO I didn't mean that but I think Chad/Abby/Will/Gabi will mix it up and maybe Abby will be protective of Will at least I hope so.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

ilovelumi
Dec 23 2010, 01:23 PM
OhMyMadeleine
Dec 23 2010, 01:09 PM
ilovelumi
Taelyn

LMAO I didn't mean that but I think Chad/Abby/Will/Gabi will mix it up and maybe Abby will be protective of Will at least I hope so.
Haha, that makes more sense now!! I was so very confused!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

darraholic
Dec 22 2010, 07:37 PM
I hope when Lee takes her heart out we hear Jennifer crying out "OH MY GOSH" from her sleep.
You're awesome- love that!

I was all interested in the Jennifer stuff because of the suggestion she'll have a brain and be investigating someone and then I read the heart stuff...I don't want it to be literal or figurative. Just have her investigate crap until Jack can come back, and then have them investigate crap together. Adventures can be fun.

The rest of it...whatever. I wonder if they're going to shift focus to make Nicole/Taylor what Sami/Carrie could have been, had Carrie stuck around and Sami not morphed. That could be interesting to watch.

am103
Member Avatar

DAYS can't seriously be giving Philip two babies in less than a year. This will be his third child with a third different woman. What I think is that Melanie and Nathan could have secretly hooked up in quarantine, they just don't remember and it wasn't revealed to the audience. This is the only explanation that makes sense, because a "Phelanie" baby is just unnecessary.

Also, I hope that Nicole ends up pregnant with Brady's baby and EJ thinks it's his. That would be really good especially if EJ is in interested in Taylor and Nicole is in love with Brady. That sounds like perfect soapy angst. Also, the Sami/Rafe stuff is starting to sound like they will finally reveal what really happened in the open-ended Emily Hudson story.

Finally, I really hope the Jennifer stuff plays out good. Sure, it sounds crazy, but this is DAYS. They come up with crazy things from time to time and it usually turns out good. I'm giving it a chance.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

crookedhalo
Dec 23 2010, 01:10 PM
I'm ready to find a way to like EJ. I liked him in the beginning before finding out he was the black glove killer and Stefano's son.. ready to like him again.
I always liked Ej,but that was one of my favorite storylines, :P

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Dec 23 2010, 04:10 PM
crookedhalo
Dec 23 2010, 01:10 PM
I always liked Ej,but that was one of my favorite storylines, :P
I'll never forgive or forget what EJ has done, but I never forgot that Jack raped Kayla. It was Jen that turned Jack's life around, I hope Taylor turns EJ's life around. Of course Rafe will always be my favorite currently on. Shit, now if we can dump-- Nathan, Melanie, Stephanie, & Carly. Reinvent Daniel & Phloe... Bring back Jack & Lucas we could really have a show, IMO.

Edited by crookedhalo, Dec 23 2010, 04:34 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply