Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jacqueline Courtney (Alice, AW; Pat, OLTL) has Died!
Topic Started: Dec 29 2010, 03:54 PM (2,357 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm in shock! Absolute shock!

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

Quote:

Soap Icon Dies
Jacqueline Courtney (ex-Pat, OLTL et al), best known to viewers as ANOTHER WORLD's über-popular Alice, passed away on December 20 of metastatic melanoma. "Any letter that she wrote to people recently ended with, 'Stay out of the sun. Wear sunscreen,' " her daughter, Jennifer, tells Digest. "She was very healthy her whole life and then suddenly everything just started snowballing. She went really quickly. She had just turned 64, so she was still pretty young." Jennifer reports that her beloved mother still kept up with the goings-on in daytime. "She still read Soap Opera Weekly. She loved her Soap Opera Weekly!"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Oh wow...I just loved her. :( I have to say, though, she was younger than I realized.

RIP Jacqueline Courtney.

peaches179

I loved her on OLTL. I Loved her and Vicki's friendship. RIP. :(

jam6242
Member Avatar

I'm in shock too Matt, and very sad. She was one of my favorites. Alice & Steve were second only to Doug & Julie from Days when I was a pre-teen & teen. I followed her to OLTL too. I always thought she was very lovely.

lastDays
Member Avatar

She was one of my fav OLTL characters.I loved the pairing of Pat and Bo.RIP,Jackie

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

R.I.P.

RutherfordBHayes

At the one Another World Fan Club Luncheon I attended, they did a most unusual thing...rather than having all the stars sit up at the main table (like a wedding reception), they had the stars spread out, and each sat at a table. It was my good fortune to have jacquie Courtney at MY table. Of course, she as bombarded with 1,001 questions about AW, but I took Jacquie by surprise by asking her about her time on 'The Edge of Night,' in 1958 when she was only 12 years old! She was so appreciative and we had the most delightful conversation. What a gracious and lovely lady. RIP

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

From We Love Soaps, George Reinholt (Steve Frame, AW) responds...

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2010/12/george-reinholt-responds-to-jacqueline.html

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Matt
Dec 29 2010, 04:00 PM

Holy cow! Hearing the original theme music and seeing that scene again gave me chills! That was their first meeting in about a year after the misunderstanding and Alice running off to be Dennis Carrington's nurse! The scene still holds up and puts to rest a certain writer's criticism of Courtney's acting as too "soap operaish"! And George Reinholt was not stilted or mannered in that performance as asserted by a very old but still employed EP! RIP Ms Courtney and thank you for memories that will never die!

CarlD2

These are two beautiful scenes Alice and Rachel had during the show's 25th anniversary. The second one, when Rachel talks to Alice about knowing Steve is at peace, and Alice talks about Sally, is especially wonderful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jAu_Ol6RbA&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQBlaJ-NutQ&feature=player_embedded

mysteryqueen

i'm so sorry about jackie's death she was a good actress and she looked like a nice lady

mysteryqueen

i'm so sorry about jackie's death she was a good actress and she looked like a nice lady

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply