Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Corrie and EE both faced a viewers' backlash yesterday
Topic Started: Jan 4 2011, 05:45 AM (2,353 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Could you imagine if they watched American Soaps. I could only imagine the complaints they'd get if Dot Branning became possessed by the devil.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Well I've unleashed a shit storm.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Did they erase some of the comments on the FB page?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

No, its there when you go into the filters and show posts by everyone. My "Get over it" brought the crazies out for a 20-odd post argument.

CarlD2

darraholic
Jan 4 2011, 01:19 PM
Does the BBC freak out over major complaints? I'd hate to see this storyline get rushed and put to an end over a bunch of cows.
Not in the past but in recent years they do. When people complained about Christian kissing a boyfriend on Eastenders, that didn't happen again for about a year, and even with the whole Chryed mess, kisses were clumsily edited out or they would cut away just in time.

When you start bowing to complaints you will never stop. For all the talk about how "unrealistic" this story is and how this will be a bad message, these types of complaints just spur even more ludicrous bad parody soap stories, because no one seems to complain about endless WTD stories or constant murder and violence.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Wow...

Do British shows not have many baby switch story lines? I would have loved to have seen some of their reactions to the whole Nicole/Sami/Grace/Sydney stuff on Days.

The grammar of some of those posts is really hard to decipher.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Michael Baldwin
Jan 4 2011, 01:19 PM
Viewers have been registering their complaints since November, and lobby groups are thought to account for some of the figures.

Posted Image

http://holysoap.five.tv/eastenders/news/thousands-complain-over-plot-11679?section=whatsnew

That says it all IMO. People complaining about the content of a storyline that hasn't even aired yet? Some people are crazy and have way too much time on their hands.

Despite all these complaints, the show's ratings have increased and remained stable since the start of this storyline. They've been over the 10 million mark for a while now.

I find most people obsessed are rabid Ronnie or Rack fans. A few even suggested it should have been the other way around with Kat swapping babies. :rolleyes:

Never mind that this is totally in character for Ronnie, as she's been a baby obsessed lunatic with mental health issues for years now.

I can at least say that Kat was never a baby obsessed lunatic, and that's big given her issues with how Zoe was conceived and raised and her miscarriage a few years ago. She's never let the tragedy in her life define who she is, like Ronnie has with her's.
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Jan 4 2011, 06:28 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I think Beckie has given up on playing along with me. Boo! :lol:

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Oh she's back. These people are so easy.

I've been told to "cum" ..... another said she should have social services take her kids away for liking a soap ..... Becky wont answer me as to how she can approve of Fringe (her profile has it 3 times under her TV shows) which owes its entire plotline to the aftermath of a child swap but not EE (and deleted the entire post I wrote this in) ...... LOL, good times.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

The people causing a stir is actually bring more ratings and attention to the show:

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/ratings/eastenders-cot-death-plot-draws-107m/5021977.article

Quote:

EastEnders’ controversial cot death storyline drew a massive 10.7m viewers to BBC1 on Tuesday - one of the soap’s highest audiences in nearly 12 months.

The storyline, which has attracted criticism after featuring Ronnie Branning (Samantha Womack) swapping her dead baby with Kat Moon’s (Jessie Wallace) live newborn, continued with an average of 10.68m (42.9%) viewers from 7.30pm to 8pm.

The drama peaked with an audience of 11.15m (43.7%) at 7.50pm, according to overnight Barb figures supplied by Attentional.

Aside from the Christmas Day episode - which generated 11.4m (43.2%) viewers - previous high figures centred around the Archie Mitchell murder last year, which peaked with 16.6m during a live episode on February 21.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Awesome news. The storyline deserves good ratings.

Queen B
Member Avatar

I for one love the lesbian storyline with Sophie and Sian and if anyone has a problem with it because of it being a gay storyline then they are just simply homophobic.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply