Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Proctor and Gamble and AOL video?!
Topic Started: Jan 4 2011, 02:52 PM (394 Views)
Dominic18
Member Avatar

What is with that? I was reading that P&G teamed with AOL's video service and put vintage soap episodes online.

What soaps were uploaded? and did anybody save or rip these vids?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Dominic18
Jan 4 2011, 02:52 PM
What is with that? I was reading that P&G teamed with AOL's video service and put vintage soap episodes online.

What soaps were uploaded? and did anybody save or rip these vids?
It's been a few years ago now and at least a couple of years since they stopped and took the videos down, but the series involved were ANOTHER WORLD (episodes beginning in August 1980); TEXAS (from the beginning); THE EDGE OF NIGHT (starting in 1980, I believe); and SEARCH FOR TOMORROW (starting in 1984/85). They typically posted 3 episodes a week. I really got hooked on EDGE for a time because the AOL run started right about the time of the train accident where Draper was presumed killed, but actually had amnesia and ended up thinking he was married to Emily Gault.

darraholic
Member Avatar

BAH I thought maybe it was back.

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Me To! It really is a shame they ended it when they did cause there were some great stories coming up. The resolution to the clown puppet murders, Nancy's imprisonment at the Rexford Clinic and the Jeffery/Sky story on Edge. The resolution to the women to watch murders (which was kind of a bust, but still) and the flood on Search. Texas' last 6 months, which thanks to Pam Long were simply amazing. And the Alma Rudder story, followed by the introductions of Cass, Felicia and Donna on Another World.

All great stuff but sadly we will probably never see it again.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

somersetfan
Jan 6 2011, 06:33 PM
Me To! It really is a shame they ended it when they did cause there were some great stories coming up. The resolution to the clown puppet murders, Nancy's imprisonment at the Rexford Clinic and the Jeffery/Sky story on Edge. The resolution to the women to watch murders (which was kind of a bust, but still) and the flood on Search. Texas' last 6 months, which thanks to Pam Long were simply amazing. And the Alma Rudder story, followed by the introductions of Cass, Felicia and Donna on Another World.

I managed to save most everything (except for very early on and right at the end) from those P&G/AOL eps on my computer and burned the flash files onto DVDs :rockon:

Jason
Member Avatar

somersetfan

Oh wow! The Alma Rudder story, with Blaine and Cecile was great. It was one of the first storylines that I followed on AW. Cecile is one of my all time favorite soap characters. I was so disappointed when AOL stopped airing those classic episodes--as you said there was a lot of really good stuff coming up.

Dominic18
Member Avatar

Is there anybody else that saved these episodes? Just curious of they still exist out there! Particularly EON and SFT.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Dominic18
Jul 30 2011, 08:16 PM
Is there anybody else that saved these episodes? Just curious of they still exist out there! Particularly EON and SFT.
For EON, you might want to look here...

http://www.youtube.com/user/eonschuylerwhitney

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Jason
Jun 14 2011, 09:57 PM
somersetfan

Oh wow! The Alma Rudder story, with Blaine and Cecile was great. It was one of the first storylines that I followed on AW. Cecile is one of my all time favorite soap characters. I was so disappointed when AOL stopped airing those classic episodes--as you said there was a lot of really good stuff coming up.
I loved Alma and "CeeeSUL"! Even her murder was well written!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply