Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Womack agent denies 'Enders plot rows
Topic Started: Jan 6 2011, 10:36 AM (877 Views)
Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a296395/womack-agent-denies-enders-plot-rows.html

Quote:

Womack agent denies 'Enders plot rows
Thursday, January 6 2011, 15:13 GMT
By Daniel Kilkelly, Soaps Editor

Samantha Womack's agent has dismissed suggestions that the actress's decision to leave EastEnders was influenced by her current baby swap storyline.

Earlier today, a newspaper reported that the star had resigned in protest last November upon receiving the initial script for the plot, which has seen her character Ronnie Branning switch her dead son with Kat Moon's (Jessie Wallace) newborn baby.

However, Womack's representative Michael Wiggs has insisted that that the current speculation surrounding her decision is untrue.

In a statement, Wiggs explained: "There's no truth whatsoever in any suggestion that Sam is 'quitting' EastEnders over the current storyline. Sam's contract comes to a natural end later this year and she will be taking a break from the show - this has been agreed with the producers for several months.

"Sam has had an incredibly happy and fulfilling time on EastEnders over the last few years. She has huge respect for the show, writers and producers and has thoroughly enjoyed playing such a complex role that has been involved in so many tough and challenging storylines."

John Yorke, Controller of BBC Drama, added: "Sam is a much loved member of the cast, who has consistently given truthful and brilliant performances as Ronnie Branning. When she leaves at the end of this storyline, she'll be much missed - and the door will be open for her return."

Meanwhile, an EastEnders spokesperson said: "The current storyline allows an exit for Ronnie Branning. Samantha Womack has been a major part of the show's success in recent years and she will continue to work with us until her departure later this year."
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Jan 6 2011, 10:37 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CarlD2

Sadly I doubt this will change the minds of those who have put all this together as some huge moral atrocity forced onto her by the evil Bryan Kirkwood. I doubt she would do anything that she did not feel comfortable with, and she probably wouldn't have gone along with this statement being released either - she seems to me like someone who is more than capable of standing up for themselves.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Edge1978
Member Avatar

This sucks, First Barbara, then Lacey and now Sam. :(

darraholic
Member Avatar

The good thing is that the show is filled with great actors/characters so it doesn't bother me as much.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I really hate this stupid protest! I'm back in August which for me means being a couple of WEEKS behind! I'm determined to catch up! Does anyone have any old material about the reaction to Sue and Ali's baby dying in 1985? I know there was no baby switch but the people squawking about this don't seem to realize this would be in character for a woman who's lost a baby, the daughter she thought was dead, that daughter's baby( Danielle's abortion) and has been a survivor of childhood incest/ rape! I think Ronnie has suffered enough and "resting" her is a good idea!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Grandpa Hughes
Jan 7 2011, 03:48 PM
I really hate this stupid protest! I'm back in August which for me means being a couple of WEEKS behind! I'm determined to catch up! Does anyone have any old material about the reaction to Sue and Ali's baby dying in 1985? I know there was no baby switch but the people squawking about this don't seem to realize this would be in character for a woman who's lost a baby, the daughter she thought was dead, that daughter's baby( Danielle's abortion) and has been a survivor of childhood incest/ rape! I think Ronnie has suffered enough and "resting" her is a good idea!
Plus, her slut sister and cousin having her husband's baby when she couldn't and I think she had a miscarriage too.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

darraholic
Jan 7 2011, 01:42 PM
The good thing is that the show is filled with great actors/characters so it doesn't bother me as much.
It'd be so much more fitting if you had "Hide ya kids" under your av! LOL

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Ya know, its surprising actually how much of the Bed Intruder song you can fit to Ronnie.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Done.

I love how creepy she is going up the stairs.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Perhaps they can put the focus on Denise now, since Sam/Ronnie is departing. I missed the whole "Denise dies" story, so I really want to see Diane Parish get some meaty material.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

You know, they could still potentially continue the baby switch plot with Womack out of the picture. Ronnie could lose her marbles, get sectioned, thus leaving Jack all alone to raise James. Perhaps have another woman enter the picture, and eventually have a bitter Ronnie return and spill the beans that James is really Tommy.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

climbing in your windows - practically
snatchin your people up - check
Hide your kids, hide your wife - check
And hide your husband Cuz they’re rapin errbody out there - definitely check!

Edited by Drew, Jan 7 2011, 09:00 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply