Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Mark Hapka OUT!
Topic Started: Jan 6 2011, 07:31 PM (35,453 Views)
AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

Mark Hapka Out at DAYS
Soap Opera Digest has learned that Mark Hapka, who joined the show in June 2009 as Nathan Horton, has been let go from the show. He is expected to wrap taping soon.

Here are some excerpts from the fan chat held by Mark tonight...

Quote:

<MarkHapka> First I want to apologize to everyone who waited patiently for over an unnecessary YEAR for MATE to reunite JUST to have the writers spit in ur face and throw the storline away.

<MarkHapka> So...there are many factors tht play into this decision.

<MarkHapka> Mainly it was a mix of creative restrictions on my end for the show and other projects.

<MarkHapka> So...I spoke with TPTB a few months back to discuss my concerns with the direction of the charactor...

<MarkHapka> I felt similar to the way you are all feeling. I didn't feel as though I was given a fair chance to show my ability. I felt my storys were treated entirely too casually

<MarkHapka> Lets not be confused..I am VERY grateful for the opportunity Corday origionally gave me and have had an amazing time on the show!

<MarkHapka> I love everyone over there and I think there is just alot of confusion and split decisions being made in attempt to keep ratings high and the show on the air

<MarkHapka> I was patient

<MarkHapka> I know ppl have been there longer and deserved thier screen time

<MarkHapka> When I was hired I was under the impression that they believed in me to help bring the ratings up.

<MarkHapka> So after the discussion there were some attempts (i.e. Quarantine) to give me something I could dig into.

<MarkHapka> The resonse was great and I felt great for having great material to work with.

<MarkHapka> haha...comas last for months...some very small boring storylines even longer. They got that MATE storline done in a week!

<MarkHapka> It was a tease. I wanted more.....I wanted more than anything to be a part of the success of the show and wasn't given a fair chance.

<MarkHapka> I asked nicely for DOOL to either utilize me, or let me go. I thanked them for everything and expressed how hard I was willing to work for them.

<MarkHapka> Before they broke MATE up the storlines were fun...

<MarkHapka> then it became a year of casual scene after casual scene.

<MarkHapka> I LOVE Shelley Hennig. she was great to work with. we were neglected a bit.

<MarkHapka> I was used as a scene filler to fill in and listen to other characters issues.

<MarkHapka> I didn't want to go....but am relieved to not have to turn down GREAT projects anymore.

<MarkHapka> I wish I had the opportunity to work with other great actors on the show. I just wasn't spread out very far.

<MarkHapka> You ask if you should start a campaigne?

<MarkHapka> Why the f*ck not ? :)

<MarkHapka> Let them know that you guys were watching and wanted to see more. I don't think they got it.

<MarkHapka> I don't even know if they cared to know.

<MarkHapka> The energy put into characters and storylines was NOT evenly distributed.

<MarkHapka> I would love to come back and kick some ass...

<MarkHapka> They need to give me some ass if I do.

<MarkHapka> Im sure I will get an earful...

<MarkHapka> Is it twisted that I look forward to it?

<MarkHapka> I want every person in here to understand that we are ALL EQUAL! in life, in our careers and we do not deserve to feel below ANYONE. It's a creative process, not a dictatorship. We aren't puppets...we aren't robots!

<MarkHapka> We are creative human beings that all deserve a say.

<MarkHapka> You should never feel as though your voice is an annoyance. Your opinion is just as good as the next persons. (even if it sucks ;) )

<MarkHapka> If you feel the same way, by all means let them know!

<MarkHapka> They are due to feel uncomfortable or like they made a bad choice.

<MarkHapka> Ken Corday is a good man. Gary Tomlin really belived in me from what I was told.

<MarkHapka> I don't know who got the final say but that person is going to be the demise of this show if there isn't a powershift.

<MarkHapka> I'm not trying to burn any bridges in any way here. I am simply given credit where credit is due.

<MarkHapka> I haven't said an ill word about anyone.

<MarkHapka> I simply have an opinion of the collaborative efforts

<MarkHapka> I see so much potential in the show and it's so clear to me some of the simple changes that can be made to better it...

<MarkHapka> I don't know the future of Nathan.

<MarkHapka> I curious to see the response to all of your voices.

<MarkHapka> I think if they allowed Nathan and Melanie a chance things would have been pretty entertaining.

<MarkHapka> As far as "Higley" goes...we don't speak. We never really have. We may have uttered a few words once during the emmys..thats it tho.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye bye sexiest man in daytime. :(
Quote Post Goto Top

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

:(

lover9001

OMG NO!!!! i want melanie & Nathan together. If he leaves atleast take melanie with you.

sungrey

WHAT THE FUCK? All right, Days, now you're pissing me off.

esp13
Member Avatar

Wow!! So much for Nathan and Melanie being endgame, huh?

Guess who's gonna not be miscarrying a baby after all.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Noooooooooooo!

I don't want him to go!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Ugh we better not get stuck with Phelanie.

I'll miss Hapka.

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

I thought I had heard that there were going to be no more cuts so much for that theory. I wonder if he takes that job in Baltimore and leaves that way.
Edited by Virgo Twins, Jan 6 2011, 07:41 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

darraholic
Jan 6 2011, 07:36 PM
Ugh we better not get stuck with Phelanie.
Agreed, though admittedly my interest in the show is so low right now it hardly even matters any more.

NyCsBaDdEsT
Member Avatar
Sami who?

Why the hell didn't they get rid of Melanie instead? There's already a shortage of men on the show.

sungrey

Just checked his Twitter page and it says nothing. Same for Molly's page... OK, Gary, what gives?

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Well...That sucks. :(

lysie
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 6 2011, 07:33 PM
Wow!! So much for Nathan and Melanie being endgame, huh?

Guess who's gonna not be miscarrying a baby after all.
Don't say that. Maybe she's going, too. I'm about to become a hardcore MATE shipper.

Cupcake06

I wonder...why?

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

NyCsBaDdEsT
Jan 6 2011, 07:38 PM
Why the hell didn't they get rid of Melanie instead? There's already a shortage of men on the show.
I agree 100%. Molly Burnett should've gotten canned instead.
Now we're stuck with Melanie and one less Horton. :shame:

Mason
Member Avatar

YES!

I don't care that he's a Horton, Nathan's a boring douche and Hapka's a very mediocre actor. Great news as far as I'm concerned!

~bl~
Member Avatar

Wild and weird. I hope Mark is okay.

lysie
Member Avatar

I've said this before and have been wrong, but I'll try again. I'm thinking this may be the beginning of a bloodbath at Days. Honestly, I'm hoping for it. It's a shame though, because he is one that I like.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jan 6 2011, 07:42 PM
YES!

I don't care that he's a Horton, Nathan's a boring douche and Hapka's a very mediocre actor. Great news as far as I'm concerned!
Disgusting and IMMORAL behaviour. Off with yer head!!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply