Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Mark Hapka OUT!
Topic Started: Jan 6 2011, 07:31 PM (35,198 Views)
libra67

I did not expect the Phelanie baby to make it to term. I guess I thought that this would end with Mate and did not make sense for her to have Philip's baby. Not that I am saying the show makes a habit of making sense. While I understand what everyone is saying about what Mark and Molly wanted and it was not Mate. Not based on what the show SL was saying but the actual acting where Mark is concerned and interviews with Molly. The SL did appear to be going toward Mate, but with Mark's comment it makes me think that changed and they were at the point of his chat going a different direction. Time will tell I guess. I do wonder if Melanie and Philip will get back together and then she loses the baby. Goes into a depression or something and Phelanie try to take Chloe's baby away from her. Everyone seems to think this is headed toward Phloe so IDK.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

esp13
Jan 11 2011, 10:42 AM
Sariah
Jan 11 2011, 10:35 AM
ges
Jan 11 2011, 10:19 AM
not until February, someone posted. You have to admit Stephanie crying on the floor in her wedding dress was priceless. All that was missing was broken pearls all over the floor. Since there are no other men available, I suppose she will try for Philip again. sigh.
The guy who plays Dario has started taping - Molly said yesterday that she was working with him. I'm hoping Stephanie moves on to Dario or leaves the show. No need to revisit the travesty that was Phinie.

Great . . . Molly's working with the new guy. So much for the idea that Stephanie might get a guy who wasn't in Melanie's orbit. Sometimes I hate this show. I was more than willing to give up on any kind of Philip/Stephanie renewal and just let Stephanie find a new guy and get away from the Phelanie mess. But no, right off the bat, we find out Dario is in scenes with Melanie. Fan-fucking-tastic.
THIS

jane1978

dooldooldool
Jan 11 2011, 05:54 PM
I think the role will be recast. Since the show tapes so far in advance and has so many weeks "dark", there is plenty of time to bring on a new actor. I do think the character will get a bit of a rest, so it won't be Nathan #1 on a Tuesday, then Nathan #2 appearing on Wednesday. The Johns Hopkins/Baltimore angle will be helpful. They can send Nathan away for a few weeks (a handful of SalemDays) and a new actor can assume the role.
I doubt there will be a recast. They developed Nathan as a way to redeem then bad girl Melanie and also give her more secure place on the show as Horton´s love interest. Obviously, her place is more than secure now with her ties to Daniel and Carly and close friendship with Maggie so they no longer have to worry about that. And Mel is now written more as the show´s heroine so they will probably want to pair her with someone more edgy and adventurous, someone like Phillip but younger and with less baggage. We have yet to see who exactly is this newest Hernandez but I assume he could fill the void. And knowing Tomlin and they way he usually treats his actors he probably deccided to can Hapka long before he told him so I wouldn´t be surprised if they hired this new guy already knowing Nathan is about to be gone.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply