Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: You're Fired?; Carly Has to Face the Music
Topic Started: Jan 7 2011, 05:01 PM (7,781 Views)
am103
Member Avatar

Carly begs Daniel to forgive her for her role in Chloe's complicated web of lies, but he wants nothing to do with her. "You're talking about a woman who has decived him for 20 years and now she lied to cover up again?" points out Shawn Christian (Daniel). "If you play with fire, you'll get burned."

And that's exactly what happens to Carly this week when Kayla brings her up on charges to the hospital board, determined to get Dr. Manning canned. "She did something illegal and unethical and she knew going into it that she was taking that risk," acknowledges Crystal Chappell (Carly). "But in her heart, she knew she caused Daniel so much pain the first time around and she didn't want to foolishly take a child away from his parent for a second time. She was trying to think, maybe wrongly, based on her own history. It terms of the ethical part of it, she is willing to take any consequences that come her way. She admits guilt and says, 'I did this.'"

Meanwhile, Kayla learns that Nathan dumped Stephanie and is determined to make Carly pay. She high-tails it to the hospital, where Lexie begins the ethics hearing. Chappelll says her alter ego is stunned by the depth of Kayla's anger. "She really feels like this is someone who used to be a friend and knew her better. It's a bit much, but I guess Kalya has her reasons for feeling the way she does, which are, 'I want this woman out of my family; she's caused so much chaos for Bo and Hope.' Kayla is friends with Daniel and it all trickles down for her. She the mother of Stephanie and Stephanie got involved with this, and if Carly had just told the truth in the first place, her daughter wouldn't have been involved and wouldn't have lost Nathan, so there's all this stuff going on that is emotional and maybe a bit irrational, but I think her attack is surprising to Carly. But Carly feels so guilty anyway about everything that she's just willing to be shipped off somewhere."

Lexie calls Daniel to testify against Carly for secretly procuring his DNA and Carly braces for the worst. "She's hit one of her lowest points," sighs Chappell. "She made a decision, maybe for her own good reasons in her heart, but it backfired, it didn't work, largely based on information she didn't have. But still, it was a decision she made and she should lose her medical license, and Daniel should never forgive her, and after all the pain she caused Melanie, whether she knew about Philip or not, staying away from her is probably best. Carly will probably just cause more problems."

Surprisingly, Daniel chooses not to incriminate her. "She's the mother of his daughter, who is also devastated," explains Christian. "It's never about Daniel. It's about protecting the ones he loves -- Chloe, Parker, Melanie. He says 'Because you are my child's mother, I will make the sacrifice for her.' There's a point you become emotionally numb and you say 'Whatever.'"

Carly is relived, but it doesn't solve her problems. "It's a poor condolence prize," shrugs the actress. "I don't think it's as important as everything else going on in her life, like her personal relationships. But it's one less thing that she has to deal with. What's wonderful about this is that it leads to some real interesting stuff for her. I always appreciate hitting bottom."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I honestly don't know why Carly doesn't just jump on a jet to the Bahamas and say to hell with all of you people -- including her ill-conceived spawn.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jan 7 2011, 05:03 PM
I honestly don't know why Carly doesn't just jump on a jet to the Bahamas and say to hell with all of you people -- including her ill-conceived spawn.
She should go hang out with Frankie. Maybe Eve is still hung up on him and then Nicholas comes into the picture and wants to seduce Eve. This could bring on Shane and Kim, their children.

I'd totally watch that.
Quote Post Goto Top

dylan76
Member Avatar

Kayla is such a nosy cunt. She's always butting into other people's affairs. Even her own mother doesn't want her around. I want to see Carly just lay that bitch out with one punch.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Carly and Kayla as rivals is an inspired idea. I like it.

That said, Kayla is turning into a real bitch and I would love to see Carly slap the shit out of her.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I really hope they keep Kayla around. I feel bad for Carly and how she is blamed for everything and Kayla is being irrational but I get why. I just like their scenes and I think this could be a really neat fued.

I'm actually preferring Kayla without Steve. It's allowing her to be her own character. Funny how that happens when you are forced to write a character without the other half of the supercouple pairing. This is why IMO it's so much better to write for characters and just tell good stories and avoid the supercouple nonsense.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

STFU Kayla.

I seriously can't stand the Brady's. Such freaking hypocrites.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Maybe I'm just way off base here, but I still think Carly is being blamed way too harshly here. Yeah, she administered the test under false pretenses. I get that. But everyone in town knew about it, including the oh-so-honorable-I raised a needy little bitch Dr. Johnson. She knew about it and jetted off to Africa without saying a word. She's not gunning for the actual switchers and the two people who actually hacked into the database attempting to change the results. Urgh, it's just so convoluted, it drives me insane.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Can I say it... please......... KAYLA GO THE FUCK HOME!

So confused, does she get fired?
Edited by crookedhalo, Jan 7 2011, 05:21 PM.

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

I seriously can't stand the Brady's. Such freaking hypocrites.

They really are though and some think that they are above the law too.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I hope Steve returns to Salem and fucks Carly just so I can see Kayla's head explode.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jan 7 2011, 05:26 PM
I hope Steve returns to Salem and fucks Carly just so I can see Kayla's head explode.
Steve and Carly would be HOT.

pagraves
Member Avatar

Geez, really? Kayla's tiny part in all of this deserves such ugliness. Crap, I can think of ten things off the top of my head that every other person on the show has done that's worse than this.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 7 2011, 05:28 PM
Kenny
I agree. Not in a romantic supercouple sort of way, but in a raw sexual sort of way. Kind of like Nick and Phyllis on Y&R (pre-marriage).

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jan 7 2011, 05:30 PM
PhoenixRising05
Kenny
I agree. Not in a romantic supercouple sort of way, but in a raw sexual sort of way. Kind of like Nick and Phyllis on Y&R (pre-marriage).
It could be a fun story.

Seriously, FUCK THE SUPERCOUPLES. Let them all reunite when the show goes off the air. I'm so sick of that nonsense.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 7 2011, 05:32 PM
Kenny
PhoenixRising05
Kenny
It could be a fun story.

Seriously, FUCK THE SUPERCOUPLES. Let them all reunite when the show goes off the air. I'm so sick of that nonsense.
Well, I'm all for breaking them up but I think it would be a mistake to turn them all into a bunch of bed-hopping sluts. It would ruin the essence of the characters.

I still want to see Steve fuck Carly though, LoL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jan 7 2011, 05:36 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 7 2011, 05:32 PM
Kenny
PhoenixRising05

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It could be a fun story.

Well, I'm all for breaking them up but I think it would be a mistake to turn them all into a bunch of bed-hopping sluts. It would ruin the essence of the characters.

I still want to see Steve fuck Carly though, LoL.
Oh, I agree. There has to be buildup if they ever decide to do something like have Steve with Carly or Hope with someone else and so on. I'm just sick of seeing some good, potential pairings dropped or not given a chance. I know who should end up with who if the show is going off tomorrow but it's not so, if there is a great story to tell that involves breaking a supercouple up and having someone like Bo with someone else or Kayla with someone else, go for it. This show for years has sacrificed too much story potential because of these couples and it's ridiculous.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

God. Poor Kayla.

Kenny
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Jan 7 2011, 05:47 PM
God. Poor Kayla.
Poor Kayla?

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 7 2011, 05:48 PM
granolagirl
Jan 7 2011, 05:47 PM
God. Poor Kayla.
Poor Kayla?
Not everyone thinks Crystal Chappell shits gold.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply