Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion 1/17-1/21
Topic Started: Jan 14 2011, 09:36 PM (13,682 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Days of Our Lives

Weekly Discussion

Week of 1/17

Picture
Posted Image

Posted Image
Clip

Discuss. :D
Edited by lysie, Jan 14 2011, 09:38 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Wow double the Ej,double the fun but than again I am bias :P

Kenny
Member Avatar

Aww, Susan! :wub:

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Pardon me hijacking this thread, but I would give anything to have this kind of writing again.

Stefano: "I'm playing this song specially for you, Marlena, because I know it's one of your favorites. Yours and, uh... Roman's."

Marlena: "How do you know that?"

Stefano: "Because I know everything about you -- and the Brady's -- and I thought perhaps this song would remind you of happier times. Of course, all that is in the past now, because Roman believes you're down here having a wonderful time with John. Perhaps even... a lover's tryst."

Marlena: "No! He can't think that."

Stefano: "What else could he possibly think, Marlena? He knows John would never have you come down here if there were danger."

John: "He doesn't know that I didn't send for you..."

Marlena frets.

Stefano: "John. Your soup is getting cold."

John raises the spoon to his mouth.

Marlena: "John don't do it! Don't let him take your memory from you. Don't let him do it!"

John: "I can give you everything you want, Stefano, and I will..."

Stefano grins.

John: "...if you let Marlena go."

Stefano: "Of course."

Marlena: "He's lying. Don't believe him, he's lying!"

Stefano: "He has no choice, Marlena..."

John places the spoon to his lip and slowly drinks the poison soup. Marlena cries.

John begins to tremble.

Marlena: "John are you alright?"

John: "You promised that you'd let her go."

Stefano: "That's true. But... I lied."

John collapses on the table and Marlena rushes to his side.

Marlena: "Oh God! What did you do to him?"

Stefano: "You know the answer to that, Marlena. His memory was coming back. I only did what was necessary."

Marlena: "He told me about your hidden cameras. He saw Celeste feed me that rat for supper. You told him you were going to starve me to death, didn't you?"

Stefano: "Very good Marlena!"

Marlena: "John, come on. You've got to fight this drug. Please, you've got to. Stand up and fight this!"

Stefano: "He will never know what he's lost, Marlena, once his mind is a clean slate. Of course, if there's anything in his past he might miss, it would be... making love to you."

Marlena cries.

Marlena: "Tell me something about his past. Something that I can tell his children..."

Stefano: "Marlena, I want you to understand something. All I'm trying to do is protect MY children."

Marlena: "I hope you're damned to hell!"

So good! Nu-Days just isn't cutting it.

peaches179

Kenny
Jan 15 2011, 12:38 AM
Pardon me hijacking this thread, but I would give anything to have this kind of writing again.

Stefano: "I'm playing this song specially for you, Marlena, because I know it's one of your favorites. Yours and, uh... Roman's."

Marlena: "How do you know that?"

Stefano: "Because I know everything about you -- and the Brady's -- and I thought perhaps this song would remind you of happier times. Of course, all that is in the past now, because Roman believes you're down here having a wonderful time with John. Perhaps even... a lover's tryst."

Marlena: "No! He can't think that."

Stefano: "What else could he possibly think, Marlena? He knows John would never have you come down here if there were danger."

John: "He doesn't know that I didn't send for you..."

Marlena frets.

Stefano: "John. Your soup is getting cold."

John raises the spoon to his mouth.

Marlena: "John don't do it! Don't let him take your memory from you. Don't let him do it!"

John: "I can give you everything you want, Stefano, and I will..."

Stefano grins.

John: "...if you let Marlena go."

Stefano: "Of course."

Marlena: "He's lying. Don't believe him, he's lying!"

Stefano: "He has no choice, Marlena..."

John places the spoon to his lip and slowly drinks the poison soup. Marlena cries.

John begins to tremble.

Marlena: "John are you alright?"

John: "You promised that you'd let her go."

Stefano: "That's true. But... I lied."

John collapses on the table and Marlena rushes to his side.

Marlena: "Oh God! What did you do to him?"

Stefano: "You know the answer to that, Marlena. His memory was coming back. I only did what was necessary."

Marlena: "He told me about your hidden cameras. He saw Celeste feed me that rat for supper. You told him you were going to starve me to death, didn't you?"

Stefano: "Very good Marlena!"

Marlena: "John, come on. You've got to fight this drug. Please, you've got to. Stand up and fight this!"

Stefano: "He will never know what he's lost, Marlena, once his mind is a clean slate. Of course, if there's anything in his past he might miss, it would be... making love to you."

Marlena cries.

Marlena: "Tell me something about his past. Something that I can tell his children..."

Stefano: "Marlena, I want you to understand something. All I'm trying to do is protect MY children."

Marlena: "I hope you're damned to hell!"

So good! Nu-Days just isn't cutting it.

:wub: :wub: :wub: Thanks for posting!

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny, you speak my language. I have always loved the scene where Stefano has her call Roman, but I can't find it anymore.

TINA222
Member Avatar

God I wish Susan would come back. Maybe Stefano kidnaps her and makes her evil. My dream casting would be Jane Badler. She is filming V right now so she is interested in returning to tv. She plays evil so well and she looks like she could be EJ's mother.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: a8940_jane_badler.jpg (30.4 KB)
Edited by TINA222, Jan 15 2011, 12:08 PM.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Susan :( Why must you waste your time as boring Ashley in Genoa City.

Kenny
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 15 2011, 11:47 AM
Kenny, you speak my language. I have always loved the scene where Stefano has her call Roman, but I can't find it anymore.
That scene was so good! I still have it on tape somewhere.

Poor Marlena... having to lie and tell Roman she was cheating on him after trying so hard to repair her marriage. It was like a knife in her heart. Didn't Stefano make her say some really cruel things too? Like... telling Roman the details of her lovemaking with John? "He satisfies me in a way you never have." Stefano was such a sadistic bastard back then.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Days will never be that again because they don't know how to create good and evil.

People who love to destroy for the pure and simple pleasure of destruction. That enjoy the pain of the game. And the hero who sacrifices but never loses his courage and his core belief in good and right and love.

They don't do that anymore. They can't write for the devil but they can't write for the angels either.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Jan 15 2011, 06:11 PM
Days will never be that again because they don't know how to create good and evil.

People who love to destroy for the pure and simple pleasure of destruction. That enjoy the pain of the game. And the hero who sacrifices but never loses his courage and his core belief in good and right and love.

They don't do that anymore. They can't write for the devil but they can't write for the angels either.
I guess we should be happy that we have "grey" characters rather than characters who are pure evil or complete angels, but when the whole canvas is grey it feels a little muddled. Who do we root for? Who do we root against? Where are the high stakes? We need extremes for rooting interest, IMO. Without them, we end up disliking the characters we're supposed to love and liking the characters we're supposed to hate, while not really caring what happens to any of them at the same time. In other words... complete indifference. (Note: this doesn't apply to the overzealous fans of Sami pairings.)

Mayholidays

At the start of the clip he refers to himself as Elvis I was wonder why he now calls himself EJ ?? Thanks for the clip Lysie ..man I miss Tony :(

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

^^ I miss Tony too.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 15 2011, 05:49 PM
lysie
Jan 15 2011, 11:47 AM
That scene was so good! I still have it on tape somewhere.

Poor Marlena... having to lie and tell Roman she was cheating on him after trying so hard to repair her marriage. It was like a knife in her heart. Didn't Stefano make her say some really cruel things too? Like... telling Roman the details of her lovemaking with John? "He satisfies me in a way you never have." Stefano was such a sadistic bastard back then.
No, but going by Roman's reaction she might as well have said that. He made her tell Roman that she was with John and was having a lovely time. Roman was PISSED. It was very sad because if he would have just listened to her he'd have been able to tell something was wrong. Even Caroline picked up on that. Deidre is so good in that scene though. She manages to talk normally and cry/sob at the same time. It reminds me a lot of the phone call to Roman that Stella forces her to make during the pit storyline. Both times, it just goes right over Roman's head, and both times she's knows that what's she's having to say is going to destroy their marriage even more.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

I miss Tony and pre-veneered EJ. le sigh

Alligato
Member Avatar

How come there is no bawling smilie? Because I would be using it for that Jarlena clip! Holy crap....how much I miss those two!
Thanks for the memories, Kenny. Stefano was a sick ass back then, and for me, Jarlena was such a rootable couple, no matter how many times they split. And John as the pawn...such good stuff.

Crap, I hate this current show...such a shell of its former self.
LOL @ EJ and his veneers. I hardly recognize the guy who is on now as the guy who was.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Those were definitely the good old days. Higley can't even begin to reach that kind of altitude with her dud writing.

Mason

As long as we're reminiscing about better times....

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Let's do some REALLY good DAYS.

Kenny
Member Avatar

According to Crystal Chappell, there's a big Carly story coming up.
Quote:

Carly goes thru a huge metamorphosis....its really interesting to me. she's still herself though

its a Carly story (not with Carly as a supporting player)

just shot some good viv/Carly scenes! busy week in Salem!

a lot of scenes with Missy!

good stuff (coming up). It gets real

(Everyone hating on Carly) serves a purpose down the road

the bashing turns around....

Carly ....needs a nite out

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply