Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Casting Updates 1/15
Topic Started: Jan 15 2011, 01:29 PM (5,266 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I seriously think they need to bring back established Hortons such as Bill or MIke (Only Michael T. Weiss need apply)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

sorta OT: the actor who played Nick was fired? I thought that serial killer story was weird, is that why they did it?
Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life

ladyofthelake
Jan 16 2011, 12:48 PM
I seriously think they need to bring back established Hortons such as Bill or MIke (Only Michael T. Weiss need apply)
I agree. Bring back a Horton that actually has some history on the show. And, yes, would love to have Michael Weiss back as Mike Horton; he was my favorite.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I can`t say I am disappointed that Nathan is leaving, he never did much for me.

KINSEY!!!!!! I love her next to Chad she was my favorite :D
Edited by JamesScott_19, Jan 16 2011, 05:07 PM.

BradyB

I would have rather have Melanie leave that Nathan!!!

lastDays
Member Avatar

BradyB
Jan 16 2011, 06:16 PM
I would have rather have Melanie leave that Nathan!!!
Agreed . I can't for the life of me figure out why tiic are so in love with MB.The majority of viewers find her extremely annoying

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

ilovelumi
Jan 15 2011, 05:53 PM
Why do people think they are recasting Hapka?
Hapka's departure was extremely sudden and seemed to be because of backstage rather than storyline reasons. Seems unlikely they'd be able to write the character out so quickly. Particularly as he's currently portrayed as the soulmate of the show's lead ingenue.

paul89

HASdays
Jan 16 2011, 02:00 PM
sorta OT: the actor who played Nick was fired? I thought that serial killer story was weird, is that why they did it?
nick was not fired he left on his own

sonemfan4life

Posted Image

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

sonemfan4life
Jan 22 2011, 05:39 PM
That picture does her no favors.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Her acting doesn't either.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Oh look, theres Emily Q.....

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

paul89
Jan 21 2011, 05:33 PM
HASdays
Blake Berris (Nick) was most definitely fired:

SOD interviews Blake Berris in this week's issue.

Quote:

Berris tells SOD that he knew at the end of September that he was being fired. Gary Tomlin told him that his character is the killer, he'd have a big story, "and then basically it's over." Berris says he thought, "Sweet!", because he was playing his "dream role" and that "if you're going to out, there's not a cooler way to go out."

Berris also says that he'd always known that Days was not where he wanted to be forever and that his goal was not to be a soap star, but that soaps offer a "boot camp" type of training where the actor needs to "learn how to deliver with not much time."

The other actors didn't know right away that Berris was fired. Berris and Rachel Melvin were on the phone one night right before they did the scenes before Nick goes to jail, so he told her then. He told Molly Burnett right before Melanie visited Nick in jail. Berris says he was very "manipulative" about when to tell people - "I tried to calibrate them for the scene."

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8050659/1/

Jason47
Member Avatar

paul89
Jan 21 2011, 05:33 PM
HASdays
Blake's contract started in November 2006. So it would have been up in November 2009 or November 2010, based on when the switch to four-year contracts started. I forget reading back then if he asked to leave, but if that was the case, he certainly needed permission to leave, since he still had 10 (or 22) months left on his contract. It wasn't just his decision to leave out of the blue.

PS: Paxton, you posted just as I was getting ready to post. Thanks for finding the SOD info!
Edited by Jason47, Jan 22 2011, 06:35 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Casey
Jan 22 2011, 05:44 PM
sonemfan4life
Yeah... I really can't see EJ taking a look at THAT and falling head over heels on first meeting when he is at a wedding to Nicole.

Mason
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jan 22 2011, 06:36 PM
Casey
sonemfan4life
Yeah... I really can't see EJ taking a look at THAT and falling head over heels on first meeting when he is at a wedding to Nicole.
Well, after four and a half years of obsessing over Sami Brady, I think we can safely deduce that looks aren't of major importance for E.J.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jan 22 2011, 06:38 PM
IMissAremid
Casey
sonemfan4life
Well, after four and a half years of obsessing over Sami Brady, I think we can safely deduce that looks aren't of major importance for E.J.
Good point. :laugh:
Quote Post Goto Top

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Mason
Jan 22 2011, 06:38 PM
IMissAremid
Casey
sonemfan4life
ROFLMAO! :roflol: :hail:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

IMissAremid
Casey
sonemfan4life
Hmmmm...I agree. I'm not familiar with the actress....so I'm really hoping that's just a bad picture. Otherwise, I think I have a much clearer understanding why KC & Co. have been so busy trying to pimp the pairing long before she ever hits our screens. :shame:

ilovelumi

SocRMum1
Jan 22 2011, 07:43 PM
IMissAremid
Casey
sonemfan4life
Hmmmm...I agree. I'm not familiar with the actress....so I'm really hoping that's just a bad picture. Otherwise, I think I have a much clearer understanding why KC & Co. have been so busy trying to pimp the pairing long before she ever hits our screens. :shame:
She's beautiful. Much more beautiful than AS and I think Allison is attractive. She's as equally as beautiful as Ari Zucker is.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply