Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Jennifer is Trapped; 2/1 issue
Topic Started: Jan 19 2011, 09:17 PM (2,475 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Hope enlists Nathan's help to get a message to Jennifer and the cousins meet up to formulate a plan. "Jennifer wants to jump in and help and doesn't really realize the danger that she's in," says Reeves. "But Hortons are always up for adventure!"

First, Jennifer swipes Ben's key to the prison infirmary, then she sneaks in and takes some photos of the files. She enlists Carly's help to decipher them, but the photos are too blurry, so the women slip into the infirmary together. "There are medical numbers and jargon that Jennifer doesn't understand," explains Reeves. "She needs a doctor, so she gets Carly to see if she can help figure out what the numbers mean. They figure out that women are dying in the prison who probably didn't have to."

Lee and Jane enter, so Jennifer and Carly hide. They overhear Lee and Jane discussing their plans to kill Bo. After, Carly and Jen split up to warn everyone, but Jen is caught by Lee. "Lee takes her down. Jennifer has no idea of the real danger she's in."

Source: Forbidden Love
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

somersetfan
Member Avatar

I am happy that Carly/Jennifer are working together because I love their friendship, but because of some spoilers that came out about what happens after this, I am not sure what to think about this story.

lysie
Member Avatar

I continue to not have words for this story. :shame:

Mason
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 19 2011, 09:43 PM
I continue to not have words for this story. :shame:
Moronic is one that springs to my mind.

am103
Member Avatar

I am actually looking forward to this. I love Jennifer and Carly as friends, and this sounds good. As for Daniel/Jennifer: Blah!

BradyB

Id like to see Jennifer and Carly cross paths more often in the future. They are two characters that actually have history together and were and have always been great friends!! Lets hope TIIC don't ruin them!!

Mirage75
Member Avatar

This sounds so stupid. This show just blows.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Not looking forward to Jennifer having her heart removed and saved by Daniel.

At least we will get some good Jen/Carly scenes out of it.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I do not want Daniel operating on Jennifer, just get the man away from her.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sounds good.

I don't have a problem with the Jennifer heart stuff. It is possible to be kept alive artificially without a heart for a little while. It's brutal but this is something original that will grab people's attention and people always complain when the show is not original or creative.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

This is completely stuipd!! .
THIS SHOW NEEDS NEW WRITERS!!!

dylan76
Member Avatar

Anything with Jen & Carly is awesome in my eyes.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Do you think they could mistake Melanie for Jennifer and rip HER heart out? Whoops, they accidentally pulled the plug. DARN!

lastDays
Member Avatar

Here come the puns for this story.

jennifer woul d like to come home but she desn't have the HEART to.

This story is disHEARTening

HEARTache for Jenifer's family

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This sounds INCREDIBLY...BORING!

Plus knowing that this leads to jennifer's heart being surgically removed....its hard to get behind this.

DAYS is moving incredibly fast towards the vaccuum of EXTREME SUCK!

sungrey

PhoenixRising05
Jan 20 2011, 03:12 AM
Sounds good.

I don't have a problem with the Jennifer heart stuff. It is possible to be kept alive artificially without a heart for a little while. It's brutal but this is something original that will grab people's attention and people always complain when the show is not original or creative.
But what if it gets the show attention for all the wrong reasons? Days finally drew fire from the mainstream media for the commercials it aired during scenes. I'll wait and see how it comes out on camera, but on paper it sounds ridiculous, just like something JER would have done.

I don't want flash. I don't want gothic. I want pop, sizzle... give me a GOOD STORY! This is something that's been sorely lacking on Days for a long time.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

sungrey
Jan 20 2011, 04:25 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 20 2011, 03:12 AM
Sounds good.

But what if it gets the show attention for all the wrong reasons? Days finally drew fire from the mainstream media for the commercials it aired during scenes. I'll wait and see how it comes out on camera, but on paper it sounds ridiculous, just like something JER would have done.

I don't want flash. I don't want gothic. I want pop, sizzle... give me a GOOD STORY! This is something that's been sorely lacking on Days for a long time.
The mainstream media laughed up the commercials that happen during the show, much like most people do. That was actually good publicity. The mainstream has always thought of soaps as jokes anyway for at least the last two decades. Most non-soap fans feel the same so even if the show gets attention for something like over the top product placement, it's actually a good thing. It's not going to hurt their standing any worse than it already is and it may convince people for whatever reason to tune in.

The Jennifer thing, as brutal as it is, won't last long enough to make it a big deal. We will get three episodes of this little stunt and then she will be recovering. It's not like her heart gets stolen and we will be getting a 6 month long journey to find her heart. This is hardly JER's SSK/Captive Island arc, which lasted months. If people hate it, it will be overwith before they can start their little letter writing campaigns. Again, no big deal IMO.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I don't mind the heart thing, TBH, I mean I'll feel for Jennifer but we all know it'll never be mentioned again after a month. Daniel/Jennifer on the other hand ... I think I just vomited in my mouth.

*pets the Jennifer/Carly scenes*

LittleMissEJoleFan
Member Avatar

somersetfan
Jan 19 2011, 09:28 PM
I am happy that Carly/Jennifer are working together because I love their friendship, but because of some spoilers that came out about what happens after this, I am not sure what to think about this story.
Me to i like the friendship Carly and Jen have :)

dooldooldool

PhoenixRising05
Jan 20 2011, 04:31 PM
.....It's not like her heart gets stolen and we will be getting a 6 month long journey to find her heart......
LOL.

But are we sure her real heart gets re-implanted? That's the next twist !!

On a more serious note, it's so true that message boards just bring out the troll in many of us. It's so easy to sit by the sidelines and whine/gasp/condemn everything on the screen. DOOL has always been over-the-top, yet remains remarkably realistic for a soap. Everyone wants to live in SpoilerVille rather than enjoy/hate what they see. I suspect that the Jennifer Heart Mishap will play out either much better than expected or hilariously bad. Robin Mattson has played demented quite well in the past, so this could turn out really fun.

And this is much better than Jennifer sitting at the pub, sitting cider, wallowing about her lost man, and repeatedly bumping into Salem's only single eligible bachelor doctor.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply