Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Weekly Discussion 1/24-1/28
Topic Started: Jan 21 2011, 07:34 PM (17,404 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Days of Our Lives

Weekly Discussion

Week of 1/24

Picture
Posted Image

Clip

Discuss. :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

AWWWWWWWW. Thanks, Lysie!
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Thanks so much for that!! I so like this couple!! Can't wait till Thursday!
Online Profile Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Thank you for that. They are such a beautiful couple with such a beautiful love story. I wish we could see so much of them. I'm looking forward to more Justin and Adrienne next week.

The show needs more Justin and Adrienne.

Wally and Judi are very talented actors and should be used a lot more.

Bring on Justin and Adrienne.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Justin and Adrienne WHOO excited about their upcoming scenes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

YAY for Justin and Adrienne!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

More from CC on her upcoming story...
Quote:

I'm really having fun with this story.....

diana40love @ crystalchappell - Does Carly have fun in your new story, or just Crystal? LOL

crystalchappell @ diana40love - lol mostly me...

sporty191 @ crystalchappell - Can't wait for your scenes that u taped today!!! Weee

crystalchappell @ sporty191 - its all kinds of fun xo

its a great story for Carly...I'm sooo excited!

Big day in Salem...so many delicious stories coming up!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

While we're posting Justin/Adrienne scenes...check out the star of the show @ 3:11! My sister always says that Adrienne looks like Sami when she sees her.

Sorry for ruining a good post. :peek: ;)

Edit: How could I forget the clip? AH!
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Jan 23 2011, 04:34 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I think that is Alison Sweeney, didn't she play a young Kayla or Adreinne?
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

She played a young Adrienne in a scene. Justin had given her a book of poetry and Adrienne was remembering what her father used to do and say to her when she wanted to read. The guy that played Duke was a pretty scary guy and he was right in Ali's face yelling at her. She played scared well in that scene. Actually, Ali really could have pulled off playing Judi's family member-- they looked alike.

Yep, the above in another post is the scene! :)
Edited by talbab1994, Jan 23 2011, 02:01 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Thanks for sharing Lysie, I am being drawn back to memory lane, and ahh the good old days when Days was good.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

Just some comments about today's epidode.

The fight over thw wine that Vivian?Gus has was too funny! Too bad Brady had to save them the island scenes were hilarious to me.

Kate saying that Philip could be an even bigger wuss than she thought was funny too. I agree with her he does not have to cozy up to Chloe to see Parker. Someone needs to focus on that sweet baby because Chloe damn sure is not all she is thinking about is herself and trying to win over Daniel. Just stop harrassing the man and focus on your baby. She is just making things worse by continuing to go after him when he does not want to be bothered with her. Stop chasing after him and be a mother to your son.

If Stefano is going to keep this plan up why is he having all these noises coming form the basement for people to hear? Kate/Philip heard them and Philip asked about them I bet Kate was curious to know what they were too. Nicole will soon question EJ about it. Whatever is going on down there do it quietly. Then noone wil ask questions.

If Steano did not want to look backwards and did not want Kate asking questions why did he open up to her anyway about his problems he know that his wife is very inquisitive and would want to know what was bothering him. He must of known that she would want to help and make him feel better. Why even tell her somehting was bothering him and then no tell her what. Now she is going to be curious about what he was talking about. Kate is not the type to just let things go she never has been and she already suspects that Stefano/EJ are up to something.

Chloe has no right to be dismissing Philip this wah he is Parker's father and it would not make any sense to have his son named after another man. I think they should consider changing his name. Why would Philip want another man's name for his son?

Parker is so adorable and cute. Chloe could not even stop him from crying but Philip could right away. Kate is right Chloe is not fit to be a mother at least not right now she is clearly not in the mind frame for it at the moment to take care of Parker.

Okay episode today.

Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Virgo Twins
Jan 24 2011, 02:28 PM
Just some comments about today's epidode.

The fight over thw wine that Vivian?Gus has was too funny! Too bad Brady had to save them the island scenes were hilarious to me.

Kate saying that Philip could be an even bigger wuss than she thought was funny too. I agree with her he does not have to cozy up to Chloe to see Parker. Someone needs to focus on that sweet baby because Chloe damn sure is not all she is thinking about is herself and trying to win over Daniel. Just stop harrassing the man and focus on your baby. She is just making things worse by continuing to go after him when he does not want to be bothered with her. Stop chasing after him and be a mother to your son.

If Stefano is going to keep this plan up why is he having all these noises coming form the basement for people to hear? Kate/Philip heard them and Philip asked about them I bet Kate was curious to know what they were too. Nicole will soon question EJ about it. Whatever is going on down there do it quietly. Then noone wil ask questions.

If Steano did not want to look backwards and did not want Kate asking questions why did he open up to her anyway about his problems he know that his wife is very inquisitive and would want to know what was bothering him. He must of known that she would want to help and make him feel better. Why even tell her somehting was bothering him and then no tell her what. Now she is going to be curious about what he was talking about. Kate is not the type to just let things go she never has been and she already suspects that Stefano/EJ are up to something.

Chloe has no right to be dismissing Philip this wah he is Parker's father and it would not make any sense to have his son named after another man. I think they should consider changing his name. Why would Philip want another man's name for his son?

Parker is so adorable and cute. Chloe could not even stop him from crying but Philip could right away. Kate is right Chloe is not fit to be a mother at least not right now she is clearly not in the mind frame for it at the moment to take care of Parker.

Okay episode today.

I love Jennifer, but sorry, I think she got caught in the fugly Days wardrobe room today. That outfit she had on looked like something out of the 70's. Not at all becoming on her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

The only thing I remember today is that in the Jennifer/Carly scene in the Pub, all I could focus on was how bad Jennifer's orange tan looked with her orange shirt and hair. Carly's hair was awful too...big comb over.
However, I love the life and zest that Jennifer brings to the show! Glad she is back!

In the Nathan's room scene, again, it was the lighting difference between Hope and Nathan that was distracting. Just wow! And I never notice this stuff.

Parker was the cutest thing ever today. Oh that face and mouth. Sweetest looking baby!
And just a thought but I am pretty sure baby would stop crying if Chloe would take him out of his carrier and hold him. I so don't buy that Phillip just has to smile at him and the baby calms down. Phillip is a stranger to him, and even with those dimples, it isn't that easy.
Kate and Phillip were cute today...as they have been for a few weeks! Gonna miss that!

I feel for Dan in all of this...I just wish he would keep reminding Chloe that he is not Parker's father...that should shut her up right there.

Nathan looked friggin gorgeous when he came to see Melanie today. The jacket, hair just worked for him.

Okay show today.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

Parker is too cute for words I hope that Chloe does not do anything off the wall and drastic to hurt that little cutie. Maybe he would be safer with Philip.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Happy Monday, hope everyone is having a blessed day.

Daily Recap-1-24-11

Gus/Vivian- Those two were the highlight of the show, they had me laughing so hard! :laugh: :laugh: It was so funny watching Vivian scream for that bottle of wine, her face was just hysterical. “GIVE ME IT TO ME” Than Gus saying that we must share did not make it any better, their scenes were just a treat, and the two actors work so well together. I don`t believe that they would ever stop depending on each other regardless of their circumstances but thankfully they were saved.

-I am not sure how I felt about Brady coming in saving the day, I assume that he was not going to save the day but do the complete opposite. However he came in with the rope so he listened to Victor when he told him to save her for the sake of him being with the beautiful redhead Maggie.

Maggie/Melanie- It is no secret that Maggie is the main reason why I put up with Maggie, I love their bond together. I thought it was funny when Melanie told Maggie to please not to mention eggs considering that she has an egg in her stomach, reality hurts Melanie. I am not surprised that Melanie confided in Maggie that she told Nathan that she is pregnant; of course she did not let him say anything much to Maggie dismay.

-Victor stopping by to visit Maggie was nice, it seems like those two are starting to get really close. I still remain neutral to them together, I can take them or leave them at this point but at least they had build up unlike some couples on the show. :shame:

- Did Victor actually like Melanie at some point? I assume he did because he never really insulted her like he insults most of Philip`s partners, but Melanie was surprised when he asked her all about the pregnancy, who knows? Maybe he is being nice because he is glad that he is going to have another Kirhakis in the family, and he put his differences aside for the sake of that and because of Maggie of course.

- Maggie trips me out, she wants proof that Victor took care of Vivian safety, gotta love her. Although it was sorta tacky how the laptop just happen to show Vivian climbing the rope, really writers? It just looked way to cheesy but than I had to realize that I am watching a soap so nothing really makes sense anyway.

Daniel/Chloe- Is it just me or is Chloe really starting to look pathetic? Get a grip woman he does not want to be with you right now, she is so pathetic. I did not see why she bothered to show up at the hospital and just complain how parker misses his daddy. Um chloe Daniel is not the father, I know Biology does not make a father but in this case Chloe is not doing herself any favors. It pains me to say this but it seems like Daniel is starting to regret the way he feels everytime he watches Chloe with parker, I know he still misses him.

Philip/Kate-Their conversation was not anything different. than the previous day; I expected the fact that Kate insulted Chloe like she does best. Philip seems like he always had a soft side to Chloe even before the whole thing she did with him, he always looked out for her. Kate needs to mind her own business though, but it was great seeing Philip asked whether she regretted keeping Lucas in the dark, nice history lesson for me, I did not know anything about who Lucas father was ( I was`nt watching during that time so I learned something new). In addition Philip questioning her about the noises prompts me to ask the same thing.

-Stefano congratulating Philip becoming a day was out of the ordinary and Philip did not hide the fact that he still does not approve of the guy.

Jennifer/Carly- I wished they shared longer scenes, it was nice seeing them. It does not surprise me that Carly wants to leave, poor woman she has lost everything. Do I want her to leave Salem? No despite the fact that she is not loved by many, I like her relationship with Melanie and her just leaving Salem would not only be pointless but it would not make any sense besides the fact that she misses a former companion. I am glad that Jennifer convinced her to stay; maybe she was having second thoughts anyway considering that Bo contacted her.

-Chloe must have followed Daniel, can she mind her business? Ugh the woman is so desperate it is coming across pathetic, who cares Cary decided to stop by Daniel.

- Her scenes with Philip were brief, but it was not good. I understand her reasons for not wanting to change parker name, but I did not understand why she just stormed out like a lunatic.

Nathan/Hope- I got a glimpse of the crazy hope when she leaned over and told Nathan to don`t move, oh how I miss crazy Hope  Hopefully she would return back to her dark roots because her being the good girl……..lets just say not a fan though I can`t the writers for that. It would be a unpredictable twist if Nathan was actually the one working with the prison besides Ben but of course the writers are predictable.

- Nathan give it a rest, Melanie is not going to fall in your arms because you two are destined. :huh1:

-Bo /Warden Their scenes were boring to me, I don`t really care if Bo ever finds out that Stefano was behind the whole thing, the storyline started interesting but became boring. I do that Jennifer and Hope find Bo though. I was wondering how Bo just untied that rope though, that was pretty cool.

- Ben is busted he might as well pack his backs, Jennifer know all about it. On a lighter note it was nice seeing Hope reminisce about cierra, obviously she misses her daughter.

-Stefano called Ej and told him to come home, something must be wrong.

I did not enjoy most of the show, so it was pretty disappointing I miss some characters mainly being Ej ( I can`t help it he is my favorite) and I fell asleep watching it twice.

Overall grade- C-

Offline Profile Goto Top

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Jan 24 2011, 05:17 PM
Happy Monday, hope everyone is having a blessed day.

Daily Recap-1-24-11

Gus/Vivian- Those two were the highlight of the show, they had me laughing so hard! :laugh: :laugh: It was so funny watching Vivian scream for that bottle of wine, her face was just hysterical. ¡§GIVE ME IT TO ME¡¨ Than Gus saying that we must share did not make it any better, their scenes were just a treat, and the two actors work so well together. I don`t believe that they would ever stop depending on each other regardless of their circumstances but thankfully they were saved.

-I am not sure how I felt about Brady coming in saving the day, I assume that he was not going to save the day but do the complete opposite. However he came in with the rope so he listened to Victor when he told him to save her for the sake of him being with the beautiful redhead Maggie.

Maggie/Melanie- It is no secret that Maggie is the main reason why I put up with Maggie, I love their bond together. I thought it was funny when Melanie told Maggie to please not to mention eggs considering that she has an egg in her stomach, reality hurts Melanie. I am not surprised that Melanie confided in Maggie that she told Nathan that she is pregnant; of course she did not let him say anything much to Maggie dismay.

-Victor stopping by to visit Maggie was nice, it seems like those two are starting to get really close. I still remain neutral to them together, I can take them or leave them at this point but at least they had build up unlike some couples on the show. :shame:

- Did Victor actually like Melanie at some point? I assume he did because he never really insulted her like he insults most of Philip`s partners, but Melanie was surprised when he asked her all about the pregnancy, who knows? Maybe he is being nice because he is glad that he is going to have another Kirhakis in the family, and he put his differences aside for the sake of that and because of Maggie of course.

- Maggie trips me out, she wants proof that Victor took care of Vivian safety, gotta love her. Although it was sorta tacky how the laptop just happen to show Vivian climbing the rope, really writers? It just looked way to cheesy but than I had to realize that I am watching a soap so nothing really makes sense anyway.

Daniel/Chloe- Is it just me or is Chloe really starting to look pathetic? Get a grip woman he does not want to be with you right now, she is so pathetic. I did not see why she bothered to show up at the hospital and just complain how parker misses his daddy. Um chloe Daniel is not the father, I know Biology does not make a father but in this case Chloe is not doing herself any favors. It pains me to say this but it seems like Daniel is starting to regret the way he feels everytime he watches Chloe with parker, I know he still misses him.

Philip/Kate-Their conversation was not anything different. than the previous day; I expected the fact that Kate insulted Chloe like she does best. Philip seems like he always had a soft side to Chloe even before the whole thing she did with him, he always looked out for her. Kate needs to mind her own business though, but it was great seeing Philip asked whether she regretted keeping Lucas in the dark, nice history lesson for me, I did not know anything about who Lucas father was ( I was`nt watching during that time so I learned something new). In addition Philip questioning her about the noises prompts me to ask the same thing.

-Stefano congratulating Philip becoming a day was out of the ordinary and Philip did not hide the fact that he still does not approve of the guy.

Jennifer/Carly- I wished they shared longer scenes, it was nice seeing them. It does not surprise me that Carly wants to leave, poor woman she has lost everything. Do I want her to leave Salem? No despite the fact that she is not loved by many, I like her relationship with Melanie and her just leaving Salem would not only be pointless but it would not make any sense besides the fact that she misses a former companion. I am glad that Jennifer convinced her to stay; maybe she was having second thoughts anyway considering that Bo contacted her.

-Chloe must have followed Daniel, can she mind her business? Ugh the woman is so desperate it is coming across pathetic, who cares Cary decided to stop by Daniel.

- Her scenes with Philip were brief, but it was not good. I understand her reasons for not wanting to change parker name, but I did not understand why she just stormed out like a lunatic.

Nathan/Hope- I got a glimpse of the crazy hope when she leaned over and told Nathan to don`t move, oh how I miss crazy Hope ƒ¼ Hopefully she would return back to her dark roots because her being the good girl¡K¡K..lets just say not a fan though I can`t the writers for that. It would be a unpredictable twist if Nathan was actually the one working with the prison besides Ben but of course the writers are predictable.

- Nathan give it a rest, Melanie is not going to fall in your arms because you two are destined. :huh1:

-Bo /Warden Their scenes were boring to me, I don`t really care if Bo ever finds out that Stefano was behind the whole thing, the storyline started interesting but became boring. I do that Jennifer and Hope find Bo though. I was wondering how Bo just untied that rope though, that was pretty cool.

- Ben is busted he might as well pack his backs, Jennifer know all about it. On a lighter note it was nice seeing Hope reminisce about cierra, obviously she misses her daughter.

-Stefano called Ej and told him to come home, something must be wrong.

I did not enjoy most of the show, so it was pretty disappointing I miss some characters mainly being Ej ( I can`t help it he is my favorite) and I fell asleep watching it twice.

Overall grade- C-

That Vivian/Gus stuff was the funniest thing ever the way that Vivian was yelling at him to give it to her. TOO FUNNY!!!!! I am sure that Gus could have easily out ran her and drunk the wine to himself.

Philip is not over Stefano trying to kill him with a bullet to the chest I think that he can accept his mother being with Stefano because she loves him and he wants her to be happy but he still does not like Stefano.

YES! Chloe is pathetic she needs to grow up and act like amother to her baby. Accept the fact that Daniel is not his father. If he does not want her back move and and be the best mother to Parker tht she can be, if she even can.

Stefano seemed preocuppied when Kate was talking to him I guess there is something wrong with his/EJ's plan.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Beth
Member Avatar

One day last week there was so much blue that even Victor's hair was blue. I think it was reflecting off of Maggie's shirt. My mother-in-law is now pointing out all of the blue things on set. Sami's dishes, the wall color, etc.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

So Carly has a cousin in Sacramento. I wonder if this is on the Von Leuschner side of the family. If she wants to move somewhere with family, how about D.C. since I think that's where Frankie is. Of course, I'm sure she's forgotten all about her beloved brother. Hell, she can't even remember that she has a son. Why should we expect her to remember her brother?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Matt
Jan 24 2011, 06:13 PM
So Carly has a cousin in Sacramento. I wonder if this is on the Von Leuschner side of the family.
I promise I'm not high or anything, but for some reason these two sentences just cracked me up! I think it's just the sheer randomness of Days and the things they make up for no raisin.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic