Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"For Now & Forever" News & Discussion; a serialized, text-based websoap
Topic Started: Jan 22 2011, 02:57 PM (5,018 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Posted Image

FOR NOW & FOREVER is a serialized, text-based websoap presented in they classic soap opera tone and style similar to that of the classic soap operas of the 50s, 60s, & 70s. Instead of a video based series, as so many of the current websoaps are, FNaF (as it is affectionately referred to) is strictly a written, continuing story. Set in the 1930s, the series utilizes images of classic film actors and actresses of the day to represent the characters. Although originally created in 1986, the series first premiered on the web in March 2001. Returning to the web in 2010 after a long absence, the series celebrates its 10 year anniversary online this Spring. To date, over 150 episodes have been posted to the web. Although the series is currently in reruns, new episodes are planned to debut this Spring. FNaF can be found at http://fnaf.net or http://fornowandforever.net with a full-featured website that includes a message board dedicated to the series, a news Twitter, and a Facebook page, as well a downloaded ebooks of the first 75 episodes.

Please join the Callison, Davis, Monroe, Manchester, and Stokes families as their story continues.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

FNAF.NET
FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Good choice putting it here! It still IS a web soap! And a great concept as well!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hmm, for some reason the sites aren't working for me at the moment. :frustration:
Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

I remember finding it back in the day and really enjoying it. Glad to see it returning, Matt!

Deleted User
Deleted User

The sites still aren't working for me? Is anyone else having a problem?
Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Amello
Jan 23 2011, 06:55 PM
I'm there right now and have no problems at all. :shrug:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Matt
Jan 23 2011, 07:00 PM
Amello
It's really aggravating. Not even the pictues you posted will show up. I was all set to read a few more episodes today, too. :(
Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Amello
Jan 23 2011, 08:09 PM
Matt
Jan 23 2011, 07:00 PM
Amello
It's really aggravating. Not even the pictues you posted will show up. I was all set to read a few more episodes today, too. :(
I don't know why you're having problems. It's coming up for me with no trouble at all.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episodes #76-#80 have been reformatted and uploaded to the site. With this batch of episodes, 1936 begins and we learn the aftermath of Episode #75. Meanwhile, it's a grand party in the Grand Sunset Room to celebrate Burt's coming out as a Callison as well as Stephanie's birthday. Meanwhile, Annabelle comes one step closer to getting everything she's ever wanted. Unfortunately, Stephanie finally decides to do something she's never done before -- tell the truth -- leading to a Friday cliffhanger that sets the stage for this entire arc.

FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET
FNAF.NET

Deleted User
Deleted User

HALLELUJAH! The site is FINALLY back. God, that was annoying as shit.
Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

For the life of me, I have no idea why it wasn't coming up for you.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Matt
Jan 24 2011, 10:08 PM
For the life of me, I have no idea why it wasn't coming up for you.
One of life's many mysteries I guess. Anyway, it's so grand to be back in the thick of things. Off to episode nine!
Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

I had a little trouble with access one day myself! I could only get one episode to show and only a few characters! Of course, ME having trouble is a horse of a different color! And Mikey, I never noticed that all of your favorite characters on the UK shows just about match mine completely! Speaking of characters, Matt, I can't wait to see more of Susan Hayward um I mean....!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Grandpa Hughes
Jan 25 2011, 03:59 PM
I had a little trouble with access one day myself! I could only get one episode to show and only a few characters! Of course, ME having trouble is a horse of a different color! And Mikey, I never noticed that all of your favorite characters on the UK shows just about match mine completely! Speaking of characters, Matt, I can't wait to see more of Susan Hayward um I mean....!
Is Stephanie your favourite, too?

Just about? Who don't you agree with?

Anyway, fun fact, each list has 7 women and 3 men. Purely coincedental.
Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Amello
Jan 25 2011, 04:37 PM
Grandpa Hughes
Jan 25 2011, 03:59 PM
Is Stephanie your favourite, too?

Just about? Who don't you agree with?

Anyway, fun fact, each list has 7 women and 3 men. Purely coincedental.
Yes! Stephanie is my favorite! I love just IMAGINING a young Susan Hayward as a schemer!I just noticed that poor Viv was replaced with Andy! I would have chosen Doug or Terry(not anymore) instead of David! I do like David but this awful storyline drags him down a little! Not many who are easier on the eyes though! EastEnders is exactly my list! HO, I haven't seen anything of Lee yet! Everyone else is on target with me!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

They've been running a LOT of Susan Hayward on TCM this month (even more than I've got space to DVR). I grabbed "I Married A Witch" Saturday morning (starring Veronica Lake & Frederick March; Hayward had a supporting role as March's fiancee that was SO Stephanie, it was scary). Then I've got DVRed waiting to watch "I Want To Live!" (Hayward's Oscar winning performance), "I Thank A Fool" (1962), and "Where Love Has Gone" (1964) which co-stars Bette Davis! Already upcoming & programmed into my DVR is "Topper" (which airs TONIGHT 1/25 at 10:30pm ET); "There Goes My Heart" w/ Virginia Bruce overnight tonight at 12:15am ET; and then "To Be Or Not To Be", Carole Lombard's final film which airs Friday afternoon at 12:15pm. Tuesday, 2/1 at 11:15am is "The Thin Man". Wednesday, 2/2 at 8:45am is Bette Davis in "The Little Foxes".

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

She was my father's favorite movie actress! I loved her in an old western with Tyrone Power and Hugh Marlowe, the name of which flew out of my head! "I Want To Live" is a classic and "Valley Of The Dolls" was a different sort of classic! LOL!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Grandpa Hughes
Jan 25 2011, 09:36 PM
She was my father's favorite movie actress! I loved her in an old western with Tyrone Power and Hugh Marlowe, the name of which flew out of my head! "I Want To Live" is a classic and "Valley Of The Dolls" was a different sort of classic! LOL!
She planted her own tree and she made it grow. It was her yard, so she tried hard.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 25 2011, 09:37 PM
Grandpa Hughes
Jan 25 2011, 09:36 PM
She planted her own tree and she made it grow. It was her yard, so she tried hard.
LOL!I keep seeing that stupid mobile or whatever it is and Barbara Parkins in the audience saying "Isn't she wonderful?"! :shame:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episodes #81-#85 have been reformatted & uploaded. In these episodes, we have the fallout from the party while Grace also has a premonition of tragedy.

FNAF.NET
FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Web Soaps Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply