Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"For Now & Forever" News & Discussion; a serialized, text-based websoap
Topic Started: Jan 22 2011, 02:57 PM (5,167 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

One error I found reading the episodes that I found quite funny ...

At the end of episode thirteen the previews say IN TWO WEEKS than you click to go to the next episode and it say three MONTHS later. LoL

ETA: Oops, just noticed where I got confused.
Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Amello
Jan 26 2011, 07:54 PM
One error I found reading the episodes that I found quite funny ...

At the end of episode thirteen the previews say IN TWO WEEKS than you click to go to the next episode and it say three MONTHS later. LoL

ETA: Oops, just noticed where I got confused.
Yep. The series time jumps between arc. For example, there may be a run of 30-50 episodes that all take place in straight time, consisting of what I think of as an arc. Once that specific arc concludes, the series might jump anywhere from a couple of months to several months in the future until the next arc. It moves things along at a quicker pace. Also, a lot of the time notifications at the end of episodes were from the original postings of the series that indicated when the next episode was scheduled to be posted. Meanwhile, the time designation at the BEGINNING of the episodes is in regards to where in FNaF time that episode takes place.

And, yes, in going over these old episodes I'm finding tons of errors scattered here and there. Clearly, my editing skills leave much to be desired (even though I think I proof read those eps 3 and 4 times at the time).
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Matt
Jan 26 2011, 10:13 PM
And, yes, in going over these old episodes I'm finding tons of errors scattered here and there. Clearly, my editing skills leave much to be desired (even though I think I proof read those eps 3 and 4 times at the time).
You always seems to write "loose" instead of "lose." You should work on that. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Amello
Jan 26 2011, 11:16 PM
Matt
Jan 26 2011, 10:13 PM
You always seems to write "loose" instead of "lose." You should work on that. :)
Yeah, I was noticing that. I didn't write those out in Word before posting them. I actually originally wrote them in my webdesinger software. Since that software doesn't have quite the spellcheck/editing check as Word, I'm wondering if it just screwed them up and, in my haste to post, I just skipped over them. That was back when I was posting daily episodes and writing upwards of 70 pages a week. You would've thought I was writing a TV soap as much writing as I was doing.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

There is some strange reason that we make mistakes which, if someone else was writing, we'd pick right up on it! It used to drive me nuts in school when I'd be up all night writing a paper and someone would point out an error! Even when posting, I've noticed (usually after it's already up) that I've written "they're" or "there" when of course I know it's supposed to be "their"! Anyway, I'm really enjoying this stuff Matt (not discussing spelling errors)! One thing I've always loved are "bad girls" and troublemakers and I love when there's more than one on the canvas! Joyce is a great character! You've put your heart and soul into this and it shows!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Grandpa Hughes
Jan 27 2011, 11:51 AM
There is some strange reason that we make mistakes which, if someone else was writing, we'd pick right up on it! It used to drive me nuts in school when I'd be up all night writing a paper and someone would point out an error! Even when posting, I've noticed (usually after it's already up) that I've written "they're" or "there" when of course I know it's supposed to be "their"! Anyway, I'm really enjoying this stuff Matt (not discussing spelling errors)! One thing I've always loved are "bad girls" and troublemakers and I love when there's more than one on the canvas! Joyce is a great character! You've put your heart and soul into this and it shows!
I love throwing little "Easter Eggs" into episodes. I think I mentioned a Dr. Hardy & a Dr. Hughes in a hospital scene, once. Also, there's a big wedding at some point where I tried to work in as many soap titles into the vows as possible. Then there's a 1936/Arc2 character named Donna Allison who's from Madison. And if Judith's relationship with her father sounds familiar, it's no coincidence. I think a young Bette Davis would've made a wonderful Iris Carrington...

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 27 2011, 12:17 PM
Grandpa Hughes
Jan 27 2011, 11:51 AM
I love throwing little "Easter Eggs" into episodes. I think I mentioned a Dr. Hardy & a Dr. Hughes in a hospital scene, once. Also, there's a big wedding at some point where I tried to work in as many soap titles into the vows as possible. Then there's a 1936/Arc2 character named Donna Allison who's from Madison. And if Judith's relationship with her father sounds familiar, it's no coincidence. I think a young Bette Davis would've made a wonderful Iris Carrington...
ABSOLUTELY where BD/Iris is concerned! I picked up a few like Dr Fred Rutherford! I wonder if he has a son named "Lumpy"?! I'm putting my money on Dr Fred as Annabelle's murderer! And I can honestly say that the scene with Grace and Louise moved me more than the Liz Foster death scenes on Y&R! Good stuff! And will Donna kill herself and frame her rival for murder? ST ELSWEHERE was good for dropping character names from old shows in discussions!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

My vintage film friends will love this blog. Visit it. Read it. You'll thank me.

http://hollywoodheyday.blogspot.com/

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 27 2011, 11:56 PM
My vintage film friends will love this blog. Visit it. Read it. You'll thank me.

http://hollywoodheyday.blogspot.com/
I DO thank you! This is great! I never realized "True Confessions" went that far back! I used to buy a bunch of magazines every week from a news "stand" in the 1990's, some for me, some for my "stepson" and "True Confessions" and "True Romance" and any variation on those for my girlfriend! I used to love the looks I'd get with the mix on the counter!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episodes #86-90 have been reformatted and uploaded. In these episodes, a romantic mistake is over-shadowed by death; more clues to a murder come to light; Stephanie receives multiple pieces of useful information; and Dorothea gets a surprise visit from her wayward daughter Naomi -- who has a surprise of her own.

FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET
FNAF.NET

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

I never knew Dot Cotton Branning had a mom named Stella who worked as a waitress in the states!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Oh man, I think I need to stay out of this thread from now on. SPOILERS! :frustration:
Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Amello
Jan 29 2011, 08:06 PM
Oh man, I think I need to stay out of this thread from now on. SPOILERS! :frustration:
What episode have you gotten to?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Matt
Jan 29 2011, 11:40 PM
Amello
Presently, I'm on episode #31. Originally, I only got to the reading of Thornton Preston's will. I never knew Annabelle would get murdered, etc ... :angry:
Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Amello
Jan 29 2011, 11:43 PM
Matt
Amello
Presently, I'm on episode #31. Originally, I only got to the reading of Thornton Preston's will. I never knew Annabelle would get murdered, etc ... :angry:
Yeah, I had considered that which is why I REALLY try to leave my "this happens in this batch of eps" purposely vague so that people who've read up understand the teasers and yet I don't give vital information away. I deliberately have the site structured so that it's possible to avoid spoilers since all of the clickable character info inside the episodes is only current up to that particular episode. I think the only obvious spoilers on the site are the "Current Cast" page and the "Family Trees" & "Status Charts" pages which are currently inaccessable. And even then, they're only current up until the beginning of the most recent arc.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 29 2011, 11:48 PM
Amello
Matt
Amello
Yeah, I had considered that which is why I REALLY try to leave my "this happens in this batch of eps" purposely vague so that people who've read up understand the teasers and yet I don't give vital information away. I deliberately have the site structured so that it's possible to avoid spoilers since all of the clickable character info inside the episodes is only current up to that particular episode. I think the only obvious spoilers on the site are the "Current Cast" page and the "Family Trees" & "Status Charts" pages which are currently inaccessable. And even then, they're only current up until the beginning of the most recent arc.
I'm sorry guys! I was accessing later episodes and just started on the early ones! I did let the Annabelle thing slip but the other comments (Dot, Donna) were "jokes"! I should have realized others may not be where I am! I won't do it again! :shame:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Grandpa Hughes
Jan 30 2011, 12:22 AM
Matt
Jan 29 2011, 11:48 PM
Amello
Matt

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I'm sorry guys! I was accessing later episodes and just started on the early ones! I did let the Annabelle thing slip but the other comments (Dot, Donna) were "jokes"! I should have realized others may not be where I am! I won't do it again! :shame:
Spoiler tags are our friends. :smile:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episodes #91 - #95 have been reformatted and posted.

FNAF.NET
FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episodes #96-#100 have been reformatted and posted. In these pivotal episodes, Reginald & Jillian's wedding day arrives, but will everything go off as planned?

Also, don't forget that the FNaF forums are up and running and open for readers to discuss anything concerning the series.

FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET
FNAF.NET

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episodes #101 - #105 have been reformatted and uploaded.

FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET
FNAF.NET

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Web Soaps Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply