Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"For Now & Forever" News & Discussion; a serialized, text-based websoap
Topic Started: Jan 22 2011, 02:57 PM (4,961 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Damn, I wanted Judith to stop the wedding!!! :(
Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episode #147 is now posted.

an excerpt:
Quote:

"How do I look?" Lorraine Davis asked as she spun around in front of the floor-length mirror for her mother Edwina Blake to see. "I hope I didn't spend too much money on this dress."

"You look wonderful, dear," Edwina smiled. "I'm sure that once Douglas sees you in that gown, he won't even think about the price tag. Besides, it really wasn't that expensive. You did get it on sale."

"Oh, I know," Lorraine sighed. "And I know that Douglas's promotion means more money, but I don't want to over do it." She paused and looked down at her watch and sighed again. "What's keeping him, Momma? What's taking him so long to get home?"

"Honey, he called you from the airport as soon as his plane landed. He'll be here in just a few minutes. I'm sure his cab has just gotten stuck in traffic or something."

"I just miss him so much. I know it's only been a few weeks, but it seems like forever." Lorraine walked over to the window and looked outside in hopes of seeing her husband's taxi pulling up. To her relief, the taxi appeared in sight at just that moment. "Oh, Momma! There he is! It's him!"

Without saying another word, Lorraine hurried out of the bedroom, down the hall, and down the stairs, reaching the front door just as Douglas came through it.

"Oh, Douglas, I've missed you," she said as she flew into his arms and kissed him lovingly. "Now, I know there's not much time left for you to get ready for the party, but you've got to tell me everything. How did your meeting with Mr. Macalister go? Did you get him to sign on with Callison? Tell me everything!"

"There's...not much to tell really," Douglas muttered and walked past her to set his suitcases down by the stairs. "The meeting went well. He didn't sign, though, but...."

"He didn't sign?"

"Almost, but not quite." He paused and rubbed the back of his neck, tight with tension. "He's coming to town in a few weeks to meet Charles personally and, if everything goes well, he'll sign." He looked up at the clock on the wall. "Look, if we're going to make it to that party on time, I need to hurry up and get ready. I'll...be down in a bit."

As Douglas disappeared up the stairs, Lorraine stood at the bottom and looked up at him. Although she couldn't put her finger on it, something was odd about her husband. He seemed different. Something was wrong. Suddenly, without real reason, Lorraine felt a sense of worry and dread flood over her.

FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Re-run on the web for the 1st time in nearly 7 1/2 years, episode #148 (original post date 9/13/04) is now posted:

an excerpt:
Quote:

"You're nervous, aren't you?" Burt Lamont asked his new bride Janet Lamont.

"Just a little," she laughed, the butterflies inside her stomach doing somersaults.

"I know both our families are going to be a little surprised when we tell them we eloped to Davenport, but I think they'll understand." He pulled her into his arms and held her tightly. "They know how much we love one another."

"I know, but...."

"You're worried about what your mother's going to say," he nodded, fully believing that he knew the source of her anxiety. "Listen, knowing her, she's going to be a bit upset that she's not going to get to throw another big wedding like she did for Jillian, but she'll realize that a big affair like that isn't what you wanted. She might not completely like it at first, but she'll be fine."

"Yes," Janet sighed and looked away from him. "My mother."

However, it wasn't the reaction of Janet's mother that she was ultimately worried about -- it was the reaction of her older sister Judith. Janet was well aware of how opposed Judith was to her and Burt being in love, let alone the mere idea of them getting married. After all, Judith had been in love with Burt first and had insisted that, if not for Janet, she and Burt truly stood a chance of recapturing that long-ago love.

And then there was the baby -- Judith's baby by Burt. Of course, Judith had lost the baby after a tragic fall down a flight of stairs that Janet, temporarily out of her mind with rage and fury, had caused. Thankfully, Judith's memory of the true events of that night were hazy at worst and non-existent at best, but that had been gradually changing over the past few months. Slowly, Judith had been remembering bits and pieces of that night and had grown to have strong suspicions that Janet knew far more than she was admitting to.

No, it wasn't her mother's reaction that Janet feared -- it was Judith's. And if the truth about that night ever came out, Janet wasn't sure whether the band of gold around her finger was strong enough to keep everything she'd struggled so hard for from falling apart.

FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Great, now I'm reminded I still have quite a bit to catch up on with FNaF. Just another thing to do in a long list! LoL
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Re-run on the web for the 1st time in nearly 7 1/2 years, episode #149 (original post date 9/27/04) is now posted:

an excerpt:
Quote:

"You really did it, didn't you?" Reginald Callison asked with a sneer.

"Did what?" Burt Lamont looked at him and shook his head, unable to understand exactly what his cousin was getting at.

"You just waltzed into this town a nobody -- just some guy who picked up his downtrodden family and moved in to take care of a stable of horses." Reginald stood directly in front of Burt and stared at him. "Then, suddenly, you're a Callison -- Landon's son. And then you're wooing and romancing one of the heirs to the East Coast's largest textile companies. Now that you've married Janet, you're a member of two of the most prominent families in this town. You haven't just climbed the social ladder, you've run right up it!"

"How dare you try to insinuate that I'm using Janet! Besides, I'm every bit a part of the Callison family as you are. I'm a Callison by blood! You've seen the documentation! You've seen the reports and records that your own father's private detective found!"

"Documents and files and records can be altered and falsified to say whatever you want them to." Reginald moved closer to Burt, getting practically nose to nose with him. "I don't give a damn what those records say! You're not part of this family and you never will be!" He jabbed his finger into Burt's face to punctuate his point.

"Get out of my face!" Burt spat. "I don't have to prove a damn thing to you! Your father accepts me! Janet loves me! Those are the only things that matter."

"So," Reginald chuckled heartily with an air of amusement, "you've worked so hard to land yourself in a rather cushy spot, haven't you. How much will it take?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me." Reginald's jaw tightened. "How much will it take? I'm prepared to phone the bank first thing in the morning. Exactly how much money will it take to send you packing out of this town and out of our lives for good?"

FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Re-run on the web for the 1st time in nearly 7 1/2 years, episode #150 (original post date: 10/11/04) is now posted:

an excerpt:
Quote:

"You listen to me, Judith Linford," Corinne Campbell spat as she grabbed her by the arm and spun her around, "You think I don't know about you? Well, you're wrong! I know all about the type of woman you are! You're a pathetic, miserable woman and you're not happy unless everyone else is as miserable as you are! Well, I'm not going to let you have Talbot! Do you hear me?"

Corinne grabbed Judith forcibly by the arms, pushing her slightly backwards and causing the heel of Judith's shoe to catch in a crease in the carpeting. Thrown slightly off balance, Judith stumbled backwards and against the wall, but caught herself before she could fall.

"You're headed for a fall, Judith! A big fall!"

Just then, Judith's eyes grew wide with horror.

"I won't let you do this!" Janet screamed as she began to shake violently. "I won't let you ruin my life like you've always tried to ruin my life!"

"There's nothing you can do about it."

Janet's eyes began to burn with rage. All of her life, Judith had tried to take away everything that had mattered to her. She'd fought tooth and nail to make sure that Gordon wouldn't love her and tried to convince him to stay with his wife. She'd been the one to convince their father to send her to the institution...a place Janet knew she didn't really belong. Now, Judith was determined to take away the one man who could finally make Janet truly happy. Well, Janet wouldn't let her! Janet would fight her to the end. She would never let her have Burt!

In an instant, Janet's rage began to boil over as she balled her hands into fists. Keeping her eyes focused firmly on Judith, Janet lunged at her. A stunned and horrified Judith turned just in time to see Janet's face, twisted in anger and fear, coming at her. Judith moved to the first step at the top of the staircase in an attempt to move out of her way, but Janet crashed into her, sending her precariously off balance.

As Judith's ankle turned, her foot slid from the first step down onto the second step. Her weight shifting dangerously, she reached for the banister but only succeeded into completely losing her footing. As a terrified scream tore from Judith's chest, she tumbled head over heels down the long staircase until she landed in a crumpled heap at the bottom.

"Oh, my god," Judith gasped, her eyes wide with horror and shock. "Oh, my god."

"What's the matter with you?" Corinne asked full of discomfort. The mere look on Judith's face told Corinne that something wasn't right. "Have you taken ill? Or...or are you just faking it so you can garner some sympathy from my husband?"

"Oh, my god," Judith muttered again, utterly terrified by the myriad of thoughts and memories that were flooding back to her. She dug her nails deeply into the wallpaper behind her to steady herself as the color drained from her face and her legs grew weak. "Oh, my god. I...I remember. I remember."

Everything.

FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Re-run on the web for the 1st time in over 7 years, episode #151 (original post date: 11/22/04) is now posted:

an excerpt:
Quote:

"Burt, I never want this night to end," Janet Lamont sighed softly as she basked in the warmth and comfort of his arms. "Tonight has been so wonderful. We're married, now, and everyone knows and...." Her voice caught in her throat.

"What is it?" Burt Lamont asked his wife with concern as he looked down at her.

"I just...." She paused and inhaled deeply. "I hope that we're always just as happy as we are right now. Promise me that, will you? Promise me that you'll always love me as much as you do tonight and that you'll never let anything come between us?"

"I promised you that the night we got married." He turned her to face him and placed his index finger under her chin so that he could lift her face and look deeply into her eyes. "I meant it then and I mean it now. I'll always mean it. Nothing can and nothing will ever separate us."

Then, at just that moment, Judith Linford appeared in the doorway of the terrace, a fire of determination blazing in her eyes. She was on a mission and she had her target in her sights.

Burt had made a promise that he might never be able to keep.

FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

FNaF premiered on the web 11 years ago today on March 2, 2001. To mark the occasion, the 1st brand new episode in over 7 years (#152) has been posted.

an excerpt:
Quote:

Ruby Thomas paced anxiously around the kitchen as she mentally rehearsed how she was going to talk to Naomi Jackson. No matter what flimsy excuses Naomi had given, Ruby didn’t buy a word of anything she’d told her. None of it rang the least bit true to her. Ruby was convinced that Naomi was in some kind of trouble – real trouble – and Ruby was determined to find out exactly what was going on.

“What the devil are you doin’ here?” Naomi asked as she came into the kitchen. “Helga said you wanted to see me? What’s this about? I told you not to be comin’ here!” 

After a long, deep breath in an attempt to collect her thoughts, Ruby turned around to face Naomi.

“I’m here to find out, once and for all, what kind of trouble you’re in,” she explained calmly, “and I’m not leaving until you tell me the truth.”

FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episode #153 is now posted.

an excerpt:
Quote:

“Oh, it’s no use.” Jillian Callison cried out as she took to the stairs, nearly two at a time. She and her best friend, Lorraine Davis, had been preparing dinner for Jillian’s husband, Reginald, while doing the laundry, but had lost track of time chatting. “I’ve ruined dinner – everything’s ruined!”

“Jillian, calm down; I’m sure it’s not that bad,” Lorraine said as she followed after her. “Honey, slow down and be careful that you don’t….”

However, before Lorraine could complete her urgent cries and before Jillian could even contemplate what was going on, it happened. Later, Jillian wouldn’t be able to recall whether it was one step or two that she’d missed in her panic. The only thing she could remember was losing her footing and tumbling head over heels while becoming entangled in the laundry basket she’d been carrying. Meanwhile, Lorraine could do nothing but look on in sheer horror and scream.

As Lorraine watched Jillian land in a crumpled heap at the foot of the stairs, she quickly rushed down and to her side.

“Oh, Jillian, are you all right? Are you hurt?” Lorraine knelt down besides her and began a quick inspection to make sure nothing was twisted or broken.

“I… I don’t… know,” Jillian muttered weakly, obviously stunned and winded. “I think I’m… okay. I….” However, before she could utter another word, a searing pain pierced her side, causing her to double over and cry out.”

“Jillian? Jillian! What is it?”

“Oh, no,” she sobbed as panic quickly began to overtake her. “The b-baby… It’s the… baby.”

FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episode #154 is now posted.

an excerpt:
Quote:

“Helga, if you’ll excuse me, I think I’d like to be alone for a while,” Dane Manchester said to his housekeeper, Helga Grimm, as he stared at the mysterious envelope he held in his hands. It had just arrived by messenger and his gut told him that it was something best opened in private. “You can finish your work in here later. Why don’t you go ahead and start on dinner?”

“Yes, Mr. Manchester,” she replied as she headed for the door.

“Oh, and Helga….”

“Yes, Sir?”

“Please close the doors behind you.”

After Helga had gone and the large wooden doors of the library were securely closed, Dane tore open the envelope and pulled out the contents for examination. His gut instinct had been more than accurate. Inside the envelope were a series of photographs – photographs of him and one Kitty Benedict, portraying them in very compromising situations. Included with the photographs was a note –

“Some affairs are best kept private, don’t you think? Instructions to follow…”

FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episode #155 is now posted.

an excerpt:
Quote:

“What’s taking so long?” Jillian Callison asked as she fidgeted around in her bed. “Why won’t they let me go home yet? I keep telling everyone that I feel fine!”

“Be that as it may, neither Dr. Campbell nor Dr. Hughes is going to let you out of here until they’re both absolutely certain that there’s nothing to be worried about.” Her husband, Reginald Callison, squeezed her hand tightly and smiled. “You know we’re only thinking about what’s best for both you and our baby.”

“You should really listen to your husband, dear,” her mother, Leticia Rutherford, smiled and then brushed a lock of hair off of Jillian’s forehead with her hand. “He really is quite smart.”

“Yes, I know,” she smiled up at Reginald before motioning around the room at the multitude of ‘get well’ bouquets, “but if I’m here for very much longer, I’m going to have so many flowers that I’ll be able to open my own botanical garden.”

“Good morning,” Dr. Talbot Campbell said as he pushed open the door and entered the room.

All conversation ground to standstill and everyone’s attention was immediately focused on him as they waited for him to deliver long awaited news. After watching him examine Jillian’s file for several long minutes, it quickly became obvious to everyone that something was wrong.

“Dr. Campbell, what… is it?” Reginald finally spoke up as he held his wife’s hand tightly. “You don’t look like you have good news.”

Talbot took a deep breath and then exhaled slowly. No, he didn’t have good news – not good at all.

FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episode #156 is now posted.

an excerpt:
Quote:

Jillian Callison sat in silence on the sofa in her living room with her mother, Leticia Rutherford, on one side; her mother-in-law, Francis Callison, on the other; and surrounded by her sisters, Judith Linford and Janet Lamont, and husband, Reginald Callison. Everyone waited with baited breath for her reaction and response to the woman who was apparently her new housekeeper and nursemaid, Mrs. Eudora Whitehead. Unfortunately for Jillian, her mother-in-law had taken it upon herself to hire Mrs. Whitehead without even so much as consulting Jillian. That was a sticking point which she was far from comfortable with.

“Jillian, darling, you’re not saying anything.” Reginald finally spoke after several long moments of silence while everyone had waited for Jillian to fully react. “I think it’s wonderful how Mother went out of her way to find just the right housekeeper with the proper qualifications so that we wouldn’t have to be bothered with it.”

“Of course you would,” she grumbled, unable to will herself to look at him directly.

“Now, Mrs. Callison, I already have a daily schedule worked out,” Mrs. Whitehead interrupted as she began to read from the pad of notepaper she held in her hands. “Dr. Campbell has recommended a course of necessary vitamins which will compliment your daily meal plans for proper nutrition and….”

“Wait! Stop it!” Jillian threw up her hands and quickly jumped up from her seat as she pulled herself out of Francis and Leticia’s grasp. “I am not in favor of this at all! I don’t need a housekeeper! I don’t want a housekeeper!”

“Jillian, please?” Reginald’s voice was deliberately gentle and soothing so as not to overly excite his wife. “You heard what Dr. Campbell said before we left the hospital – this baby isn’t going to be an easy one and you have to do whatever you can to avoid unnecessary stress and….”

“The only unnecessary stress I’m experiencing right now is this!” She motioned around the room towards the various members of her family who were quickly growing quite uncomfortable, “and that woman who I did not invite into my home!” She walked swiftly to where Mrs. Whitehead was standing and glared directly into her eyes. “And I want you to leave. Now.”

FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episode #157 is now posted.

an excerpt:
Quote:

“E-Excuse me?” Stephanie Monroe eyed her husband, Patterson, in bewilderment. Surely she was mistaken. It almost sounded as if he was asking her to quit her job on the most popular afternoon serial on WALB Radio. “I’m sure I couldn’t have heard you correctly. It sounded like you said….”

“I said that I think it might be a good idea for you to quit working at the radio station,” he said again in a tone that clearly implied that he thought what he was suggesting was the most logical thing in the world. “If you didn’t have to be at the station nearly every afternoon, you wouldn’t have to rush around here like a chicken with its head cut off trying to make it in time for….”

“Absolutely not,” she interrupted with a firm shake of her head. “There’s no way I’m doing that.”

“Steph, be reasonable.” Patterson reached out for her but she quickly pulled away from him. “There’s no logical reason for you to be….”

“I said ‘no,’ Paddy,” she snapped angrily. “And when I say ‘no,’ I mean no!”

FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episode #158 is now posted.

an excerpt:
Quote:

Dane Manchester stood in silence, his eyes unable to look anywhere else but at the photographs of him and Kitty Benedict that were strewn across the desk, as a huge lump formed in his throat.

“What’s wrong, Dane?” his mother-in-law, Joyce Preston, laughed menacingly. “Cat got your tongue?”

“Where… where did you get these?” he asked as he finally began to gather his wits about him. “Were you spying on me?”

“I have my ways. Surely you know that by now.” She leaned forward and brushed her lips against his ear. “Now the question is – what am I going to do with those pictures? I’m pretty certain that the last thing you want is for anyone to see them – not my precious Sara and definitely not your father.”

“What… what do you want?” he asked in a voice barely above a whisper, the wind almost completely knocked out of him. “What do you want to keep those pictures secret?”

“What do I want?” Joyce repeated the question and then let out a throaty laugh. “Why, Dane dear, it should be blatantly obvious – I want everything!”

FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episode #159 is finally posted.

an excerpt:
Quote:

Dr. Fred Rutherford strummed his fingers along the edge of the bar and fidgeted nervously on his barstool. He didn’t necessarily like meeting Joyce Preston in such a public setting, but she’d called the get-together and he felt he’d had no choice but to comply. After all, considering he wasn’t even close to having enough cash to make his next payment to her, it was the least he could do.

Ever since his wife, Leticia, had made the stunning and unexpected announcement that she had closed their joint banking account – his primary source of funding “discretionary expenses” – he’d been racking his brain trying to figure out exactly how he was going to come up with the money to placate Joyce and keep her threats at bay. Unfortunately, Fred had swiftly found himself tapped out. Of course Leticia had assured him that he still had access to their money – her money – but he had to go through her. She’d assured him that she would approve anything he needed, but he found it highly doubtful that she would approve of continued payments to Joyce to keep her from spilling everything she knew about his prior involvement with late racketeer Stephen Lake, Stephen’s late wife Annabelle, or a certain long-missing nurse with whom Fred shared a rather secret illicit involvement. No, Leticia most definitely wouldn’t understand any of that.

Truth of the matter was that Fred was flat broke with not even two slug nickels to rub together. Until his next paycheck cleared from the hospital, he barely even had enough money to cover the cost of the scotch and water he’d been drinking which was starting to disappear almost as quickly as his financial prospects. As he downed the last bit of scotch from his glass, nearly sucking every last drop of liquor from the ice cubes in the process, he spotted Joyce from across the room and his heartbeat began to quicken. He exhaled slowly and pushed the now empty glass back across the bar. No, he didn’t have the money to cover his next payment to Joyce, but he surely had enough to cover just one more drink – because he was going to need it.

FORNOWANDFOREVER.NET

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I caught up on this last night and with that cliffhanger you are going to have to hurry the fuck up and post the next episode. kthanksbye :)
Edited by Bright Eyes, Jul 6 2012, 10:10 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Web Soaps Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply