Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
February Sweeps Promo
Topic Started: Jan 24 2011, 05:37 PM (10,214 Views)
Beth
Member Avatar

I saw nothing exciting about EJ and Taylor. I'm not interested yet.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Beth
Jan 25 2011, 10:00 PM
Geez, we only got to see them for what-- 5 seconds? I don't think we were really supposed to all be enthralled and falling all over ourselves with these two--- yet. I am willing to bet that there was a little more to that scene on the pier than we saw in the promo. I say give them a chance already.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

magicsteacher
Jan 25 2011, 10:05 PM
Beth
Geez, we only got to see them for what-- 5 seconds? I don't think we were really supposed to all be enthralled and falling all over ourselves with these two--- yet. I am willing to bet that there was a little more to that scene on the pier than we saw in the promo. I say give them a chance already.
I agree I don`t understand the harsh comments without even seeing the full ting? It is no secret that I hate rushed pairings but can she at least be on screen first before we judge how we would like them or not? I just think it is sorta unfair to already say the pairing is toast before they even shared scenes together.

I for one cannot wait til they share scenes, just get my favorite character away from Sami!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Jan 25 2011, 11:23 PM
magicsteacher
Beth
I agree I don`t understand the harsh comments without even seeing the full ting? It is no secret that I hate rushed pairings but can she at least be on screen first before we judge how we would like them or not? I just think it is sorta unfair to already say the pairing is toast before they even shared scenes together.

I for one cannot wait til they share scenes, just get my favorite character away from Sami!
Conversely, isnt it a tad bit overzealous for people to call the same scene as enthralling...oops enchanting? We all have our biases and that's ok.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Liz<3Days
Jan 25 2011, 11:34 PM
JamesScott_19
magicsteacher
Beth

Conversely, isnt it a tad bit overzealous for people to call the same scene as enthralling...oops enchanting? We all have our biases and that's ok.

People have their own opinions, I am not trying to say anyone opinion wrong.

I for one do not believe from what I saw that their meeting was enchanting,it looked cheesy.

All I am saying it is pretty bold to say that you already hate the couple before they are even on screen.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Jan 25 2011, 11:37 PM
Liz<3Days
JamesScott_19
magicsteacher

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I for one do not believe from what I saw that their meeting was enchanting,it looked cheesy.

All I am saying it is pretty bold to say that you already hate the couple before they are even on screen.
First off, I didnt say that quote but was really commenting that everyone has a bias and thats ok.

lysie
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Jan 25 2011, 11:42 PM
JamesScott_19
Liz<3Days
JamesScott_19

First off, I didnt say that quote but was really commenting that everyone has a bias and thats ok.
LOL. You're both saying the same thing.

Deleted User
Deleted User

maybe both actors suck at doing "enchanted".

ok, that's me trying to be positive for once. I'm trying really hard. It was a great attempt at being enchanted?

notsurehowbumpingintoeachotheronthepierisenchanting.
Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 25 2011, 11:47 PM
Liz<3Days
Jan 25 2011, 11:42 PM
JamesScott_19
Liz<3Days

LOL. You're both saying the same thing.
Exactly!

ilovelumi

I think it's funny how different boards analyze things. The entire promo for me was good and I peruse several boards, some diehard boards some not and the biggest comment about the EJ and Taylor scene overall had nothing to do with forced or cheesy or whatever it was "Wow I guess EJ and Taylor do know each other". I think offliners probably thought he likely bumped into some women from his past not even knowing about Nicoles sister coming to town. If you look at the promo all the clips were pieced together. I expect the I love you from Bo and Hope jumping into his arms while I loved it is not what most are thinking it is and Nathan is not going to kiss Melanie after he hells her he loves her(heck she has diff hair and clothes between the I love you and the kiss).

Promos are intended to draw interest and IMO there was enough in that promo to get viewers somewhat interested. Now that doesn't mean a huge ratings surge, of course not. but I think as a V-Day promo it was well done. This promo could actually get me interested in Mate if I were not a confirmed Melanie hater and if I didn't know Hapka was leaving.
Edited by ilovelumi, Jan 26 2011, 09:08 AM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
JamesScott_19
magicsteacher
Beth

Really, I think the only one who called their meeting "enchanting" was Corday. For me, I am not sure that's exactly what I would call it, unless there is more to it than what we saw in the promo. I still say, give it a chance and let's see what happens with them instead of condeming them before they are even on screen together.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Jan 26 2011, 09:44 AM
Liz<3Days
JamesScott_19
magicsteacher

Really, I think the only one who called their meeting "enchanting" was Corday. For me, I am not sure that's exactly what I would call it, unless there is more to it than what we saw in the promo. I still say, give it a chance and let's see what happens with them instead of condeming them before they are even on screen together.
I admit to having my bias towards NL. I have watched her as both Emily and Rebecca for years over at GH and she just plays one note over and over again.

I fully expected someone to come in to be interloper for EJole but it kills me that its so soon?! I wanted my 6 months of semi-happiness damnit! But who knows, I'm starting to think more and more that Taylor is going to be for Brady.

Its great that you can give EJaylor a chance, but then SAFE is what AS wants, so you dont have to worry about bringing in some girl who wins his heart, because Sami will always win. (I think there's a stipulation in AS's contract now. LOL)
Edited by Liz<3Days, Jan 26 2011, 10:45 AM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Jan 26 2011, 10:40 AM
magicsteacher
Jan 26 2011, 09:44 AM
Liz<3Days
JamesScott_19

I admit to having my bias towards NL. I have watched her as both Emily and Rebecca for years over at GH and she just plays one note over and over again.

I fully expected someone to come in to be interloper for EJole but it kills me that its so soon?! I wanted my 6 months of semi-happiness damnit! But who knows, I'm starting to think more and more that Taylor is going to be for Brady.

Its great that you can give EJaylor a chance, but then SAFE is what AS wants, so you dont have to worry about bringing in some girl who wins his heart, because Sami will always win. (I think there's a stipulation in AS's contract now. LOL)
Personally, I have never seen NL act before as I don't watch GH and haven't in years, but I am willing to give her a chance.

Not meaning to be rude, but when has AS ever said she wants SAFE? I have never heard or read that anywhere. I think she pretty much stays neutral on who her favs are and says she likes working with all the people on the show.

lene
Member Avatar

here's a "get to know Natalia thread" ...lots of clips:)
http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=158174

lastDays
Member Avatar

The best thing about this promo is that the only Sami feautured was a flashback :cheer:

Lanemack
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
My guess: AS like the attention that both the EJ/Sami and Rafe/Sami fans give her. Now that things will likely slow down in the "EJami" department - and she loses the hunky JS to play off of - she'll realize that the beloved Rafe and Sami bring a few fans but little excitement, challenge, discussion. I love the character of EJ - for better or for worse - and would be sorry to see him in an "enchanted" romance (that makes me laugh - so cliche!) with another character.

I used to visit the AS site, read her stuff but not so much any more. Little excitement about show = little exitement for AS. Funny. Oh, and I think that I like the music in the background of the promo and the promo itself more than I like how the shows actually play out.

meaculpa

lastDays
Jan 26 2011, 11:27 AM
The best thing about this promo is that the only Sami feautured was a flashback :cheer:
Was that a flashback? I thought it was a camera feed and he's seeing R2 with her.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Lanemack
Jan 26 2011, 11:34 AM
Liz<3Days
My guess: AS like the attention that both the EJ/Sami and Rafe/Sami fans give her. Now that things will likely slow down in the "EJami" department - and she loses the hunky JS to play off of - she'll realize that the beloved Rafe and Sami bring a few fans but little excitement, challenge, discussion. I love the character of EJ - for better or for worse - and would be sorry to see him in an "enchanted" romance (that makes me laugh - so cliche!) with another character.

I used to visit the AS site, read her stuff but not so much any more. Little excitement about show = little exitement for AS. Funny. Oh, and I think that I like the music in the background of the promo and the promo itself more than I like how the shows actually play out.
I don't know what AS thinks about the pairings. I think she likes working with both men. I will be curious to see what happens if the JS/NL pairing takes off and becomes popular. If we see a re-visiting of Ejami, I might agree that she's wanting to be in on the "main" couple.

Lanemack
Member Avatar

JANALH
Jan 26 2011, 11:57 AM
I will be curious to see what happens if the JS/NL pairing takes off and becomes popular. If we see a re-visiting of Ejami, I might agree that she's wanting to be in on the "main" couple.
Absolutely. THAT'S when the politics will get interesting. EJ/Taylor get popular - then the next thing we know Taylor gets killed in a mob-related take down with a weeping EJ by her side - and Sami moves in to "comfort" him - and EJ/Sami are rekindled.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I'm perfectly willing to give NL a chance - I've not seen her in anything else before and she's certainly pretty enough.

Having said that, though - I always find myself reluctant to jump on the band wagon when I'm being 'told' who the root for couple is. If KC had just kept his mouth shut about it and let it play out, I might have been buzzing with excitement. But the very fact that he pronounced their 'enchanted' evening makes me go :huh1:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply